News - Reader comments

Motorola wins patent case against Microsoft in Germany

05 October, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Motorola wins patent case against Microsoft in Germany - read the full textThe regional court in Mannhein ruled that Motorola did not infringe on Microsoft's patented technology that allows applications to work across different handsets without requiring developers to write separate code. This marks a notable victory for Motorola, considering the (now Google-owned)...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-06 14:24 from Jx2E - click to readno os now or in the future will be as unlimited and free and open and capable as android! google in android only says it is a big thing without even trying it! microsoft is really 3rd grade! as really steve jobs said! by the way google never made nexus without manufacters and its own ui to show how much it respects them while ms is money hungry and will make its own wp phones to kill nokia and htc and let them directly switch from ugly wp field! bad strategy from trojan elop and ms officers!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:36
  • MDVw

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 14:13 from uBSa - click to readDude, this is totally ridiculous, you never used a JB Device in real. JB is more than smooth enough, more than fast enough and way more capable than WP or iOS. All the news Magazines accept that fact by now. You want to tell me, a computer, or a mac wont ever lag? This means you just have no idea of any technology. Apps become more resource heavy, that needs better hardware. That is all. If WP or iOS had REAL Multitasking and not some du*b freeze feature, it wouldnt be as smooth as Android is.

I see what the problem is here, you simply cannot live with it, that another OS is more capable, features that can almost be compared to a real computer OS. Jelly Bean is super smooth and super fast and people like you, who watch videos to find a lag at 2:43 are just some freakin' trolls who act like the same thing doesnt happen on iOS or WP^^

It is just normal, newest High End Computers lag at certain times and will lag, because it is impossible to destroy all lags. But you expect some kind of magic, which will never ever happen. I can give you times on a iOS 6 device, where it lags, you are just some troll, who believes it is possible to destroy them, which isnt. If hardware is used to its fullest, then you will have lags, how do you really use hardware to its fullest on a mobile device? With Multitasking and I mean real multitasking, not freezing of apps, so the OS can move it on the normal storage until u use it again.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:24
  • Jx2E

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-06 14:15 from IWP6 - click to readlike the smoked by windows.
yeah.That was was funny.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:17
  • uBSa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-06 14:12 from MDVw - click to readHe bashes Android everytime.Dont even bother talking to this kind of people,you are just wasting your time typing.He just wants to be "Right" all the time and uses youtube as a "tool" to proof everything.some of it are not even close to true. -.-

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:15
  • IWP6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-06 14:13 from MDVw - click to readWe're not talking about phone OS's now?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:15
  • uBSa

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 13:58 from uBSa - click to readNot smooth enough?
Show me where is the laggy part on the video you provided?

So you think buttery smooth means the phone runs like it has Octo-core 2GHz and 4GB RAM 1333?

And BTW the video in dark so this is normal for the camera that he is using to record this video shows both Nexus and IPhone look like that not because they are not smooth enough

See this in normal light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN3EXAFRxKQ

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:14
  • fqe{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-06 14:09 from MDVw - click to readso me claiming Jellybean still lags is a "lie"?

Then I say your claim of Jellybean been prefect and everything is fixed a lie then


  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:13
  • uBSa

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 13:58 from uBSa - click to readThe way you say it shows, that you have no idea of Android. If you got 1GB of Ram, it is more than hard enough to actually use it all, almost impossible. That is why adding more Ram will have no effect, 0%. But you know, I guess you dont know such a thing, because you probably believe, the OS uses up all the Ram. That is probably due to not knowing how much ram the own OS uses, because you cant see it anywhere, unlike on Android, where you get all the info.

And it totally smooth, I got a Nexus 7 with JB and no lags at all, only if I heavy multitask, just like on my PC. People complain about lags, like this is what counts in an absolut manner. Android is still the fastest, even if you manage to get a lag in JB, it will still load stuff faster than any WP Device. You just are a fanboy of WP, because you probably bought one and have to defend it with all you got, but Android is far superior in a OS kind of sense, it is a real computer and not a multimedia device.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:13
  • Jx2E

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 14:08 from uBSa - click to readplease tell me for which company is youtube! tell me it is buggy now and useless!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:13
  • MDVw

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 14:08 from uBSa - click to readreally this world needs to get optimized! many trolls and liars are here now! i never lied while you did! you started as alwyas and you proved that you lie after reposting things that are not true!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:12
  • MDVw

Using youtube doesnt proof anything.You are just promoting youtube even more.Geez -.-

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:11
  • IWP6

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 14:08 from uBSa - click to readi replied only when you lied and you trolled fistly n android rooms! pathetic 12 years boy!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:09
  • MDVw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-06 14:03 from MDVw - click to readSo your not a troll.
and You've never been in a WP news article to comment?

Guess i Need to quote some of your "trolling and bashing then"
as you claim your not here for that.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:08
  • uBSa

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 13:58 from uBSa - click to readget your facts right and think about a world without google! google is internet! do you know that ipv4 and ipv6 actual internet protocols are designed by google! now you will say internet is laggy??!! lol! pathetic fanboy

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:06
  • MDVw

yeah google kill pathetic ms and apple!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:05
  • MDVw

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 13:58 from uBSa - click to readgo enjoy your limited useless non upgradeable lumia 900!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:05
  • MDVw

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 13:58 from uBSa - click to reador at lkeast to let people support you or even think that yo uare right stop lying because official jellyeban is only on note 2 and sgs3 got it in some regions but all armv7 even midranges will get it in 1 month!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:04
  • MDVw

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 13:58 from uBSa - click to readwp will reach android only in your dreams ! or simply go count the sheeps! gsamrena please block that troll! ( gsmarena rules : no trolling no bashing ...)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:03
  • MDVw

> In reply to Windows Phone Fan @ 2012-10-06 13:58 from uBSa - click to readthose are liars using non official jellybean! and with repostin gthat by knowing that it is fake you are approving that yo uare a big liar and trolL! however those who made it are liars as you1 do you know that project butter directly kill lags and improve battery as seen in note 2 and sgs3! or go and see sgs3 or note 2 video reviews on jellybean by gsmarena troll!!! lol! wp will never reach android and i assume! by the way key lime pie is never a lag fix! it will bring more battery improvements with more functionalities and more graphic apis with fixes in sdk to fragmentation issues ( only for developpers as fragmentations was never affecting users!!!) with faster upgrading and less heavy software and requirements! jellyeban is coming to mini 2 and ace plus and sony ericsson live with walkman and xperia ray while costy lumia 900 won't even see it!!! loL! do you know then why android is far better mr troll!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 14:02
  • MDVw

Jellybean still not as "butter smooth" as claimed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0iU3kvUIZM
As google will say , wait for key lime pie.

This bloatware OS need 2GB standard now to stop this?

Or perhaps it's the issue from day one.
The "No touch priority" causing the issues still

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-06 13:58
  • uBSa

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.