News - Reader comments

Galaxy Note II firmware update brings split-screen multitasking

06 October, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Galaxy Note II firmware update brings split-screen multitasking - read the full textSamsung has released a firmware update for the Galaxy Note II, which enables the much anticipated split-screen multitasking feature. Multi-View enhances the multitasking capabilities of the Galaxy Note II, allowing you to run two apps on the screen simultaneously. Mind you, not all Android...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 12:21 from sF$q - click to readYou obviously do not know what your "phone" is made of! And any company should take blame for their final product since they inspect and approve whatever they produce before releasing for sale.

So, back to the topic - the Samsung Galaxy Note II is the most powerful pocketable device in the universe at the moment!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:42
  • t7Nx

little by little the desktop is moving into our pockets making the desktop redundant

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:41
  • iJt{

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 12:27 from sF$q - click to readI grip my wife's Iphone 4 and guess what... in 15 seconds the signal goes down THREE BARS!

That's why apple gave away FREE bumper guards!

Oh do you remember what Jobs said??? "You need to hold it the right way."

Quality COMPROMISED! (and now the paint chipping... c'mon... even if Foxconn did it, Apple Quality Control should not have let it through.)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:41
  • v0qu

> In reply to Bunyip @ 2012-10-07 12:27 from 2Gpx - click to readJust a slight correction - polycarbonate is a plastic. Plastic is a very broad term. Since it's man-made we can make it hard, soft, expensive, cheap... whatever we want!

BUT the good thing is plastic is still the best material. Used in the most demanding applications. Would you believe plastics are used in bowling balls, crash helmets, protective eye-wear (yup polycarbonate lenses like Oakleys!)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:37
  • v0qu

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 12:27 from sF$q - click to read"Apple has never compromised quality and reliability", is Apple Maps reliable and a high quality software?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:34
  • J5Nh
  • GIARBH MHHJM GMK@YAH
  • Report
  • Rating0

General Packet Radio Service is a packet-switching technology that enables data transfers through cellular networks. It is used for mobile internet, MMS and other data communications. In theory the speed limit of GPRS is 115 kbps, but in most networks it is around 35 kbps. Informally, GPRS is also called 2.5G.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:33
  • vwes

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 12:21 from sF$q - click to readDuh?!! Everyone who says "aluminum" here knows it's gonna be some kind of alloy - we're talking of phones not soda cans!

Can you you make aluminum alloy without using aluminum? The answer is NO.

So YES, iPhone USES ALUMINUM.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:31
  • v0qu

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 12:27 from sF$q - click to readAluminium is a very soft metal, so blame nature!?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:31
  • J5Nh

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 12:21 from sF$q - click to readAnd android doesn't use plastic its poly carbonate...

Wither way both phones perform great on the drop test but the soft aluminium (alloy) on the iphone 5 is easy to scratch compared to the Note 2.

If you want to bag the note 2 you will have to find another angle but its damn near perfect :-)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:27
  • 2Gpx

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-10-07 12:18 from v0qx - click to readApple has never compromised quality and reliability.

The whole incident of paint chipped off was due to manufacturing fault.

This has nothing to do with Apple and FoxxCon takes full responsibility.

You should blame FoxxCon and not Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:27
  • sF$q

> In reply to Bunyip @ 2012-10-07 12:11 from 2Gpx - click to readApple has never used aluminum as you claimed.
Instead, Phone 5 casing is made of aluminimum alloy which is the similar material used to builf fuselage of Boeing.
Get your fact right before try to argue.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:21
  • sF$q

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 11:57 from sF$q - click to readPlease, study your iPhone before you say this. Do you think your iPhone will not "pollute" the earth with plastic? Look inside!

But then again, plastics don't pollute the earth because they are RECYCLABLE! So yes, even your iPhone won't pollute the earth if recycled properly.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:20
  • v0qu

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 11:57 from sF$q - click to readOMG... here's another one defending how "premium" his adonized aluminum "phone"! Haven't you heard the news? The paint is chipping off (right from the box), the metal body easily prone to scratches and Apple's marketing is saying that that's perfectly normal! Users are discovering that since the glass at the back has been removed from the previous model, it creates a ground when you touch it, thereby weakening the signal! The new 6th version of your OS isn't helping either - weaken or no wifi connections!

So, you can defend your expensive, limited mid-ranged functioning metal "phone" could just get some casing... what's it made of? That's right, PLASTIC!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:18
  • v0qx

Plastic is the best! It's recyclable and can always be melted and re-used. Good plastic can be very strong and scratch resistant - they're now used in crash helmets, bulletproof vests and even modern handguns (e.g. Glock). When they do get scratches, the inside can be colored so that its not visible. Good plastic can also be very classy. The most expensive exotic sports cars use carbon-fiber reinforced polymers (plastic!) for their bodies. Let's stop pretending aluminum and glass are exotic material - Aluminum is the most abundant metal on the earth's crust and glass is just processed sand. Even the sturdiest iPhones were not made from glass/aluminum... they are the plastic 3G/3GS!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:15
  • v0qu

> In reply to TheMan @ 2012-10-07 11:06 from fqfu - click to readHey Man, don't trash Lumia 920 just because you have to hush this Nokia Troll. 920 is a great device and will set the world on fire for sure. Some of its innovations are a marvel to look at. I know Note is a great phone. In terms of functionality, it outshines just about anything on market; however, it doesn't cloud the fact that it looks like a lump of kaka. The plastic body looks shit.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:14
  • 2@d8

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 11:57 from sF$q - click to readBefore you make comments that make you look silly you probably should look at the actual drop test videos..

The iphone 5 and note 2 both have a couple of chips on the corners but both screens are still perfect....

However it is very obvious that the aluminium body of the iphone 5 is very soft and prone to scratches... i would actually make the argument that the note 2 polycarbonate is more robust and of better quality that the aluminium of the iphone 5.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:11
  • 2Gpx

> In reply to ijam @ 2012-10-07 11:57 from sF$q - click to readPost some links so we all can read up on it

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:04
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to XeNo @ 2012-10-07 08:25 from fqfu - click to readMan it is really shame to put this ICrap with two monsters like SG3 and the mighty SGN2, it is just a phone compared to those high tech devices

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:03
  • MPv1

> In reply to [deleted post]S3 and Note 2 both look cheap indeed because they are made of damn plastic!

So pal, what is your problem?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:02
  • sF$q

samsung is flashing an update on noteII but still sIII dont have the update,,i mean not all s3 user's have the jellybean update,why dont they finish updating all s3 first before going to another phone!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-07 12:00
  • mDfD

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.