News - Reader comments

Apple addresses complaints over iPhone 5 camera issue

08 October, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple addresses complaints over iPhone 5 camera issue - read the full textEver since the iPhone 5 went on sale, some of the users have been complaining about the purple haze seen when a bright light source is just visible in the frame. Apple has finally responded to these complaints on their support website, saying that the purple haze seen in the iPhone 5 camera...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to ALonZo @ 2012-10-08 23:10 from gAac - click to readi agree when you say "once you go with apple, it's hard to turn back"
i converted from windows xp to mac OS X 2 years ago. And now i am reluctant to switch back to windows.
Why? OS X is simpler and easier to use (after you know how to use OS X)

But that does not mean that OS X is the best OS. I think windows is still the best OS. If not, why windows xp and 7 are more popular then OS X? Only small portions of offices and businesses use macintosh as their operating system.

Same thing applies to iphone.
iphone is beutiful, simple and easy to use. But iphone is definitely not the best smartphone out there.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 08:02
  • iwtp

hahaha... This reminds me antenna issue with iPhone 4. And Apple executives holding different Samsung / Nokia phones in different ways and telling people, see all phones drop signals, its normal. hahaha... if it was normal, why did they add dual antenna in 4S. Actually Apple is itself (ab)normal :-D :-D
And please don't hit Adnroid with me. I am not interested. I am not fandroid. I am using different brands since 10 years (including iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4S)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 07:59
  • 0BRb

> In reply to Tibet kid @ 2012-10-09 01:22 from ib4h - click to readdude, seriously?

iphone5 is the most revolutionary smartphone made by mandkind?

How old are you? i'm sure you are not familiar with nokia communicator or sony ericsson p series

Steve Jobs is the father of modern telephone?? Seriously?

iphone USED TO be light years ahead of android. But android is progressing very quickly. Now iphone becomes outdated.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 07:52
  • iwtp

> In reply to Chris Thomson @ 2012-10-09 05:28 from AGL{ - click to readin the year 2020 nokia 3310 is more expensive than the latest iphone in that year! so buy! antique!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 07:35
  • t7Xh

> In reply to ALonZo @ 2012-10-08 23:10 from gAac - click to readYou my friend are living in the dark ages when Apple used to make quality products and android was in its infancy and had many rough edges, but times have changed and the quality of iPhones is going down starting from the 4 and Android is maturing day by day.

Two of my friends have bought iPhone 4 and both had to visit the iStore twice to replace their handsets.
One had a battery issue and got it replaced and the replacement had a faulty home button and had to be replaced again.
The other guy had a battery issue too and the phone used to overheat and the replacement had a software bug which made the device open and close apps on its own :
Dude apple is not the same it used to be years ago so open your eyes and look at world, lot has changed since you've last seen it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 06:47
  • QPVU

Samsung galaxy note directly point to sun light ... no problems at all :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 06:28
  • 95wg

That's because they use a shitty lens... All of them!
Here's the performance of my phone with a Carl Zeiss lens.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-a­k-snc7/413257_416795995035916_708223203_o.jpg

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 06:03
  • uv6h

> In reply to Tibet kid @ 2012-10-09 01:22 from ib4h - click to readTheir design is pretty good, but there have been sights of chips/areas losing their colour, etc.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 06:03
  • 0Gtp

even with the haze, it's still better camera than nokias and even DSLRs. i'm talking about my iphone4, 5 is even better.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 05:34
  • 85@9

This problem is not only on the IPhone 5 but it also happens with the galaxy S3 and even Iphone 4s.
So suck it and live with it!!
if you can't go back to a nokia 3310!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 05:28
  • AGL{

With ANY camera if you shoot in the direction of ANY light source there is a possibility of flare. All lenses are susceptible to flare, some more so than others. Why do you think dslr lenses usually come with lens hoods?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 04:25
  • PEH1

There IS no problem here. Its actually normal for the purple haze to show when the phone's camera is directed on a bright light. I tried it with my galaxy note this morning and tried it again with my friend's one X...got the purple haze shit on both phones....different brands.


First time apple has a non arrogant excuse for malfunctioning hardware...their excuse is, as usual, "its normal" which, ironically, it is lol.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 02:46
  • 8yUM

> In reply to ALonZo @ 2012-10-08 23:03 from gAac - click to readthank god, an iPhone meets your demand. seems like you dont ask a lot. I have used both of them and I feel better with my android on that comes from hTC. I know there are a lot of people in this world who love to be in a cage.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 02:41
  • x}sF

@Tibet kid.

As the name sounds.... you're only a kid dude.You can't seriously be that naive.
All I will say is it's absolutely appalling Quality Control by Apple.
It's not the first time this has happened.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 02:29
  • u{c6

If you study carefully the recent problems that hit iPhone 5 were all caused by suppliers such as FoxxCon, Tessera...etc.

Apple has come out the flawless design of iPhone 5 but the suppliers failed to deliver.
Therefore you must know blame Apple.

iPhone 5 is legacy of Steve Jobs, the inventor of modern telephone.
iPhone 5 is the most advance and revolutionary smartphone ever invented by mankind.
iPhone 5 is 5 years ahead of other smartphones in the market.

This is the reason why companies such as Samsung, HTC, Sony, Nokia keep on revising their design and specification to keep up with iPhone 5.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 01:22
  • ib4h

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-08 16:48 from q{pE - click to readCome one fellas. It is a minor problem. If you can live with it, great. If not, just return the device and ask for a refund. Unlike Samsung, Sony, Nokia, LG and any other phone sold through regular channels (read: normal stores) you CAN get a refund from Apple if you're not happy with the product.

So... just return it.

Try returning your Galaxy S3 and demand a refund from Samsung if you're not happy with it. I doubt it will work.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 01:18
  • mTnr

> In reply to Mr. Mumbaki @ 2012-10-08 18:07 from 9JE9 - click to readQ; My iphone 5 is chipping straight out of the box.why?
Apple: It is normal.
Q;My iphone 5 does not charge at 100% straight out of the box.why?
Apple: It is normal.

Real A: Because the chinese factory workers can't handle aluminium good enough. But since they're cheaper then robots and because we're too greedy to give them the proper tools, they have to make do with what they've got.

Q; My iphone 5 has a purple haze when i take pictures.why?
Apple: It is normal.

Real A: Because we use a true sapphire glass lens and we forgot to apply an anti-reflective coating on it so it disperses light different.


Q; My iphone 5 manufacturers have gone on strike.Why?
Apple: It is normal.

Real A: Yes, because the chinese workers (rightfully) demand better working conditions and because the iPhone production line is the most scrutinized by press-coverage, they (ab-)used that line to get noticed.

Is this the best answer you can give to your consumers for an $800 device?

Sure, as long as I (CEO) and my fellow managers go home to their big mansions in their big luxury limousines. And as long as I get my big monthly fee and bonus at the end of the year. It's not like we (Apple corp.) put a gun to consumers heads and demand them to buy iPhones, is it?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 01:11
  • mTnr

> In reply to ALonZo @ 2012-10-08 23:10 from gAac - click to readOh stop talking dribble, iphone isn't that good of a phone.... Actually iphone 5 is taking a step backwards...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 01:00
  • 2CE2

> In reply to Darkeye12 @ 2012-10-08 19:20 from nCHB - click to readThe fact is, there are a lot of expensive smartphones with ridiculous flaws, omissions and downright defects. But since we are all divided between our apples and oranges (as a matter of speak), the corporations get away with it. While we keep trampling over each other instead of fighting the corporations whom build this crap. All of them should ALL take their responsibility. Because a lot are downright malfunctioning. It doesn't matter whether it has an Apple, Samsung, Sony, Nokia, LG or HTC logo. The fact is some rich men are getting richer with every defective, crippled, crappy phone we buy. With every minute we use it and with every text we send.

We should stop bickering against each other and fight ALL the broken products and producers!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 00:55
  • mTnr

> In reply to ALonZo @ 2012-10-08 23:10 from gAac - click to readagree 100% with what you said. I think apple is the better product. I've had iphones since day one but when I tried galaxy s2, it was the better phone for me. iphones offer more solid interaction, but galaxies offer a more free experience and screen size was the icing on the cake. I now have s3 and iphone 5 not even on radar. I can say I know of more people switching to galaxy S-series from iphone and not switching back than the other way around.I don't agree with people bashing either product, but from a current owner of a macbook, an ipad, and an ipod touch I can say I'm happier with the s3. even though I believe iphone is more solid product.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-09 00:43
  • q}H4

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.