News - Reader comments

Samsung announces a beefed up Galaxy S III for Japan

11 October, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung announces a beefed up Galaxy S III for Japan - read the full textToday NTT DoCoMo announced the upcoming availability of a few smartphones including Samsung’s Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II. You’ve probably heard all there is to know about those two, but NTT DoCoMo’s version of the Galaxy S III, called Alpha, will be slightly different. Its chipset is pretty...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to [deleted post]Market wise, then Japan is not Asia. Lots of phones sold in Japan has never been sold anywhere else, its a country with a lot of people who have a lot of money. Also for cars and whatever, Japan get slightly different models and many models for Japan market only. Because of language and so on, everything has been special made for japan, you cannot sell a phone with English menus there. Japan market is indeed very different from Asia.

Korea is also partly a different market for some products, and so is China. India belongs mostly to the Asian market, together with Philippines and so on, and quite right as you say, thats not the market that get all the goodies, if any at all..

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 17:30
  • vaNH

for those of you who keep saying plastic cheap, go buy a device make with gold and diamond.. and then got robbed and killed, you dead but your money sitting in the bank...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 17:29
  • 4r3V

> In reply to deom2i @ 2012-10-11 16:19 from f0JA - click to readSo you just wan't something to be the BEST not something that meets your needs... Stupid consumer!
You know you have something more than this new version of S3... YOU HAVE USED IT 6 MONTHS.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 17:01
  • JxKH

> In reply to Scott @ 2012-10-11 15:41 from MkXA - click to readI don't know about you, but I dont have a habit of destroying my phones, just to prove their casing is strong enough. This 'argument' about plastic/metal casing is really, really stupid and backward.

If your strongest argument against S3 is its casing, than u must be a really intelligent and any further argument with you would only serve to prove my point!

P.S. I'm guessing u're also using a titanium cased laptop. ;)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:55
  • AL{m

> In reply to Scott @ 2012-10-11 15:41 from MkXA - click to readOh how you wish you had one.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:50
  • fXcd

> In reply to Scott @ 2012-10-11 15:41 from MkXA - click to readDEAD! Thats why theres been 20 million sold so far...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:41
  • gynF

> In reply to apple-sux @ 2012-10-11 15:58 from Lk@j - click to readcant trust them? are you forced to buy there phones or stick to 1 phone company? hello new phones with better specs comes out every 6 month, you might aswell not own a phone or buy a new phone every 6 month

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:40
  • sG%x

this is problem with samsung, i bought the i9300
few months i9305 was relesed now this, don't you thing its betrayal to loyal user?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:34
  • fujh

> In reply to deom2i @ 2012-10-11 16:19 from f0JA - click to readyou might aswell not buy a phone at all, since theres always a better phone coming out every 6 month.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:33
  • sG%x

The color is perfect!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:29
  • njxA

> In reply to Scott @ 2012-10-11 15:41 from MkXA - click to readi believe you have a phone made of gold

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:29
  • PASA

If Samsung will go on with this game i will not buy their flagship phone when launched!! What the heck i bought SGS3 1GB now there is SGS3 with 2GB Ram, and... for the same amount!!
This is crazy sh*%$t!!!

They make mobile phones to outperform their own flagship!!

I hate this as more than i hate iphone...!!!Dam you samsung!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:19
  • f0JA

> In reply to Scott @ 2012-10-11 15:41 from MkXA - click to readThat's not a nice thing to say,if you own a Nokia 3310. Bum.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:16
  • n}rf

DA FUQ?!?!?! Why did you release a 1gb international with only a 1.4ghz optimization SGS3 international in May if you're making us pay for the fact that we wanted a better phone? You should have given us these models with 1.6ghz optimization and 2gb of ram in June or July and not trolled now Sammy, now it's a must you give us(Europiens) this version if we want to exchange our 1gb 1.4ghz SGS3s into this with only 150Eur.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:15
  • 0xQi

hardware wise this version is same as Note 2
DAMN u samsung ! always Asians get all those goodies

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:11
  • j019

> In reply to apple-sux @ 2012-10-11 15:58 from Lk@j - click to readI agree. They want to appeal to every market, but then upset others in doing so. There are too many variations of the Galaxy range.
It's like they are trying to flood the market to make their brand the most popular.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:03
  • sXDm

I want one!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:01
  • kLXZ

> In reply to AdityaKar @ 2012-10-11 15:55 from Gy3R - click to readWhere does he mention Aluminium?

That is one serious geek-gadget. I wonder what display it uses though? There must be some cutbacks somewhere, as it looks like a perfect Jelly Bean phone.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:01
  • sXDm

> In reply to Scott @ 2012-10-11 15:41 from MkXA - click to readYou must be pretty young. o.o

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 16:00
  • q}iq

that is even better than the i9305. really samsung, i don't get the point here. why do you bring out the same phone 20 times with minor updates?

samsung is betraying the customers. you really can't trust them. they will launch the last sgsIII 24 hours befor the sgsIV.

that is why i went for sony.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-11 15:58
  • Lk@j

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.