News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy Nexus US injunction gets reversed

11 October, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy Nexus US injunction gets reversed  - read the full textThe injunction banning the sale of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the United States has been reversed by US appeals court. According to the decision, Apple could not present sufficient evidence, relating consumer demand for the Android smartphone to its universal search patent. The injunction,...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Someone @ 2012-10-12 10:36 from Lh%P - click to readThis is true and I for one have always said it. Kudos to Apple for changing the face of the smartphone game. I am not an Apple fan, however must give credit where credit is due.

And I believe just about every serious smartphone fan knows this to be true whether they admit it or not.

HOWEVER.....

Apple didn't invent virtually anything in the iPhone. They took existing technology and ideas, msde them easy to use and combined it all in a simple, functional snd aesthetic platform. I applaude this as tremendous vision and innovation of an idea.

They created iOS, though it was built upon a pre-existing platform. ANd since Wozniak left they've invented little else.

However they are extremely clever in their marketing and planning - they acquire companies that produce tech that Apple want, hence acquire the patents, then release that tech as their own and claim it as their innovation.

This is what so many iHaters find so objectionable, the way Apple lays claim to things not their own...often things that have been around for sometime which Apple re-brands and onselLs AT A HUGE PROFIT.

When you live by the adage: "If you can't beat'em, buy them! And if you can't buy them, ban them!" you tend to generate a lot of hate and distrust.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 20:00
  • P%ns

> In reply to rafamx.mx @ 2012-10-12 16:38 from LwT3 - click to readIncluding Apple Inc. from The Beatles Apple Corp., iPad from Proview.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 17:29
  • Bqx5

> In reply to mickey @ 2012-10-12 13:20 from N9@y - click to readThanks to your comment. This enlighten other readers to be aware of facts of the previous development prior to Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 17:27
  • gFxx

> In reply to mickey @ 2012-10-12 13:20 from N9@y - click to readNo no your wrong nothing exis before apple we are using stone for tolls and leafy for cloth then came god and give us apple. To think this planet was born 6 years ago only then man build the temple ( apple California ) and called it cupertino . Then came Samsung the devil of all mankind who offer freedom and innovation.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 17:19
  • kDic

> In reply to ur point @ 2012-10-12 15:30 from n5Ps - click to readSlight correction needed I'm afraid. Apple are not becoming a joke. They long since are one!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 16:40
  • p%n8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-12 14:23 from PxaK - click to readEven the words iOS and iPhone are not from crApple. iOS is the name of the Switches and Routers OS made by Cisco. iPhone, also from Cisco. Shame on crApple!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 16:38
  • LwT3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-12 16:19 from 4r3V - click to readGreat and next time make sure you install Androidlost on the new Nexus.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 16:21
  • XNtq

I lost my Galaxy Nexus from the gym, just sign up for another Galaxy Nexus not even spend 1 sec for iphone5.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 16:19
  • 4r3V

> In reply to Alin @ 2012-10-12 14:22 from LaxV - click to readno, they invented by apple, apple own Microsoft and china is belong by apple, be careful they will sue you if you say no.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 16:14
  • 4r3V

Welcome US comments, you have leveled the ground for eqaul competition

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 15:56
  • f0$a

> In reply to iSJ5 @ 2012-10-12 14:36 from t7Xk - click to readford changed the world too...people move on, others improve, some more than others but the cycle continues. I think apple were and are needed in this market which they helped shape. As an owner of an idevice or two I can vouch for their quality and highlight their issues. Apple, for me, as a corporation suck though. Some of their practices seem born out of fear. Their attack on samsung shows their continuing concerns over samsungs growth. I would never of purchased a samsung phone 10 years ago but now they're 1st on mine and many other peoples lists. With each of their galaxy phones AND wave phones they have brought new features to the market. To me the 1st was a rip off of the iphone but the s2 destroyed all iphone wannabe ties and became the best android/smartphone available. Peaks and troughs, spins and roundabouts. IF apple start actually bringing something new to the table apart from beautiful looking devices and stopped all the BS litigation people may just lighten up on them but lets not go on like its only anti apple people who have loud voices out here. Take off the blinkers. The only reason some of the features are allowed on the iphones is because other phone manufactures and os makers weren't so aggressive in their legal department. You'd have to say bye bye to many simple things apple have and even try to re brand fooling people that face time is any different than video calling or skype. Apple now trying to stop other smartphone brands from using a slide movement to unlock your phone.....Really. Apple are becoming a joke.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 15:30
  • n5Ps

I don't know what's with apple, even before they became apple as far as I know they e been copying others technology to make them what they are now and that's a fact!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 15:18
  • RbqB

> In reply to mickey @ 2012-10-12 13:20 from N9@y - click to readi guess that iFans are left with nothing to debate on this one... good one!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 14:23
  • PxaK

> In reply to lol @ 2012-10-12 11:43 from MEQE - click to readThe mouse and the desktop were invented by Xerox not by Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 14:22
  • LaxV

Things people think Apple invented (but actually didn't) Actually you would be very hard pressed to find anything apple invented. But they separately trying to preventing us from buying fantastic products from Samsung and other brands because Apple say they copied them, see who did the copying with these things..
The computer mouse: beaten to the punch by almost three years. Xerox
The Graphical User Interface: (GUI) Yet again, Xerox got there first
The OS X operating system: it’s based around on the UNIX operating system, originally designed by AT&T employees in the late 1960’s.
The Dock: Acorn had done the same as far back as 1987
The App Store: Ubuntu has had a unified software centre since 2009, two years before Apple launched the App store for Mac
Multi-touch gestures: As it has done numerous times in the past, it bought out the company repackaged its designs as Apple’s own. Fingerworks
The Thinnest Laptop in the world: Everyone swoons over the MacBook Air, but The Mitsubishi Pedion, released in 1998 thinner
The tablet: The first patents related to touchscreen devices that could recognise handwriting were filed in 1942,The first true tablet was the GRiD Pad, launched in 1989
Video calling: NEC and Motorola were among the first, with the E606 clamshell (remember those?) and A920 respectively. Unlike Apple, they could both send video calls over 3G, in 2003!
The MP3 player: The first ever portable music player was a prototype, built in 1979. The Audio Highway Listen Up launched in 1997. The HanGo Personal Jukebox and Creative Nomad both used laptop hard disks rather than flash memory, several years before Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 13:20
  • N9@y

> In reply to bloated -doomed2lag @ 2012-10-12 10:21 from vm5J - click to readdloated-doomed to lag? turns out samsung didnt really sell the laggy nexus to you. in face it was your carrier who put their bloatware on the samsung's software to make it lag. i had nexus before with 0 lag and without a freaking bloatware on it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 12:55
  • 4xXF

welcome

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 11:48
  • 7jWB

> In reply to Someone @ 2012-10-12 10:41 from Lh%P - click to readgood for you that you only see the market share in the USA....typical, i talk in generally. But im not a apple hater, i own a iphone 4s, also i own a htc onx and a sg3. Plus i use linux(ubunto) and win7. Plus i work in this area...and i know what im saying. And if you search enough you will find vidos of steve jobs saying that they(apple) never intend to compete with microsft because they cant win, they had target a particularly kind of customers, and not all. Apple was been great in the past...they invented the desktop, the mouse, the multitasking operations, they innovate the portable platform (ipad, sorry already existed in the military, and other things....they innovated different from creating...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 11:43
  • MEQE

> In reply to csv310 @ 2012-10-12 10:41 from rAfp - click to readif you say "apple" is name of fruit and not innovative;
samsung means "star" in korean. is it innovative? hahaha

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 11:24
  • IaHY

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.