News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy Nexus US injunction gets reversed

11 October, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy Nexus US injunction gets reversed  - read the full textThe injunction banning the sale of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the United States has been reversed by US appeals court. According to the decision, Apple could not present sufficient evidence, relating consumer demand for the Android smartphone to its universal search patent. The injunction,...

 

Sort by:

Well I think it's because Apple is an American company the courts were taking an impartial side to protect there 'own' also have we not seen the same with Microsoft doing the same in the computer world? Facts speak for themselves that in America I think it was reported that android has about 70% of the market? Big companies don't believe in competition and just use bully boy tactics and espionage to get there ideas in my opinion and try and dominate,but I am glad to see that apple got shot down in flames :-) greed is all its about and before you say I am an apple hater ,I have a iPhone 4 &4s but will not be getting i5 as where's the innovation in it? Samsung Galaxy Note 2 for me :-)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 09:26
  • StUF

> In reply to zzzzz890 @ 2012-10-12 07:33 from u7ma - click to readI guess Samsung is a very good copycat until apple try to hire their employee to produce their SoCs. :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 09:22
  • Qxpq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-12 08:40 from 3A3B - click to readIts already proven that most iphone users cant afford their own phone, as most iphones are sold through the carriers on contract, more so than other high end units, but we will see if not Lumia 920 will be even more sold to the poor on contracts (not in total numbers ofcors, but percentage contract vs sim free), it seems Nokia is positioning themselfes with exclusive deals with just a few carriers the first few months. Because they know the target group are not financially strong (low average age being one problem), without contract the 920 will be a failure (and it will be with contract also but less of a failure)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 09:05
  • vaNH

"...banning the sale..." I don't get it -- again! Prior to this reversal, hasn't the US version of the Galaxy Nexus still been advertised on Google's website and for sale on the Play Store? I.e., I inquired to Google just last week regarding purchase. There was no indication of any ban. The price was/is 350 USD and ships with 4.1.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:57
  • T3Xu

> In reply to mickey @ 2012-10-12 08:44 from N9@y - click to readno rebelious comment please!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:55
  • t7Xh

Apple acquired Fingerworks Inc. in 2005 and when launched iphone in 2007 they claimed we invented 'multi-touch'. They went to patent and trademark office to register multi-touch as their trademark which was rejected by USPTO.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:53
  • PAXp

> In reply to A183RT0 @ 2012-10-12 07:50 from tZja - click to readProbably because Ford didn't invent the car, (production line yes but not the car) having said that Apple never really invented anything either but do hold patents, which is crazy that you can patent stuff that you didn't invent as your intellectual property.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:50
  • 39x%

> In reply to A183RT0 @ 2012-10-12 07:50 from tZja - click to readProbably because Ford didn't invent the car, (production line yes but not the car) having said that Apple never really invented anything either but do hold patents, which is crazy that you can patent stuff that you didn't invent as your intellectual property.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:47
  • 39x%

More Crapple childish suing spree, Apple has now been granted the most ludicrously vague “slide to unlock” patent update (again, only valid in the US),
But contrary to Apple Brainwashed worshippers Belief, "Apple is itself a consummate imitator", Apple has long practiced imovation. More than anything, Apple is master of assembly imitation: Neonode Beat Apple to "Slide to Unlock" Patent by 3 Years.
Apple is all about the richest and most powerful company in the world - a company that generates more cash in a day than most companies generate in a year - suing a competitor for imitating some cool features. Features that Apple copied in the First Place.
Crapple engineers are very rapidly learning that they don't have to win by innovative design any more. No way they simply copy others, claim it’s Theirs – and then sue the pants off anyone else who dares to do the same!! R.I.P. Apple. You are now the worlds most famous Bigot.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:44
  • N9@y

iPhones are the current stupid trend. I can't believe this insanity of selling a iPHONE4 to get a 5. And don't believe that most people have that money.they cut from other things. I think the 'apple' will be rotten soon..as people start realizing money value.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:40
  • 3A3B

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-12 07:41 from p35A - click to reador even the reject with text message that found its way onto the iphone 5.. People have to just accept they all copy. Samsung, Sony, Apple, HTC.. All have copied something.... That guy you replied to must be young.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:35
  • n5Ps

> In reply to zzzzz890 @ 2012-10-12 07:33 from u7ma - click to readsamsung also copy nokia n95's dual slide hows pathetic samsung still not banned and flood the market with there plastic copies knock off. samsung kills android's image.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:28
  • t7Xh

reversed! this is economic sabotage on samsung, who will pay for the lost oportunity for samsung to make maney? This needs deeper invetigation.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:15
  • vxrD

see that apple? innovative products...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 08:07
  • vaPD

> In reply to zzzzz890 @ 2012-10-12 07:33 from u7ma - click to readBut Apple stole much more. Apple buyed a lot of enterprises and after stole their inventions for own profit making them in Apple inventions and transforming them in own patents, what is a theft yet much bigger.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 07:57
  • iGBp

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha that copycat apple!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 07:56
  • an6i

Sanity Prevails in US Court (for once)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 07:52
  • N9@y

this should not be happen at all if Apple be more competitive than being unreasonable for "patent this and patent that" lawsuit. if patent law exist, why Ford motors company did not sue against all other motor company in the 1st place. Apple, you are wasting your time..

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 07:50
  • tZja

well said samsung.. well said... world +1 apple 0 on this one

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-12 07:46
  • tUn{

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.