News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S III drops to $99 in the US on a 2-year contract

18 October, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy S III drops to $99 in the US on a 2-year contract - read the full textIf you're in the US and want to update to a Samsung Galaxy S III, now might be a very good time to do it. Amazon Wireless is offering the Samsung flagship for $100 if you sign a contract with Verizon or Sprint and for $120 if you want to go with AT&T. We checked the carriers' own web sites but...

 

Sort by:

I wish I was living in US cos in South Arica is still very expensive but I will own it one day

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-21 21:01
  • Iabe

this is a great deal for a great phone. S3 will be one of the greatest sucesses of all time. and this also means there will be a S4 coming in 6 months, even greater news.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-21 07:38
  • sfQM

yea soon it'll be free if you wait another 30 days. this was outdated 3 months ago...

the problem with samsung is they mass produce everything in high volume, much like a dollar tree factory.

not saying that's not good, personally i would like to get everything for a buck!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-20 20:21
  • qiGI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-19 04:04 from 95yY - click to readYeah, LG fans hate Sammy fans because Samsung has built a false name and doesn't deserve to be the best selling android phone, because many other phone manufacturers make better phones, LG too. They launch numerous phones like s3 mini, which was a BIG failure. LG launches 2 or 3 phones but they compete with the best phones on market. It is the only phone manufacturer which has 2 handsets in top5 on all benchmark results. The firmware and update is really a small issue. Have you checked the O4X HD or the Optimus G and see how fluid they are? They don't need JB, but Optimus G has it already anyway. Let's see what you haters have to say about this.

If people judge LG only for the phones launched 2 years ago, then they aren't realistic. Why should you stick to a brand even if you don't like it, only to punish LG just because you had an Optimus 2X which wasn't updated? From 2012, LG has changed the management and this can be seen on the Optimus G, which has already received JB. Samsung has no designers to match the LG, they will probably make another rounded corners one, just like the s3 mini, the s3 and note 2.

Let's see what samsung brings in to at least match Optimus G.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-19 12:57
  • 0UsW

> In reply to cheapest @ 2012-10-18 23:53 from Qxuu - click to readNot to be a kill joy, but it is a 3 year contract...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-19 08:24
  • HujW

> In reply to eFiJy @ 2012-10-18 19:58 from 0UsW - click to readL@G fans hate samsung bcoz none of L@G phones getting success in the market!N the reason why people dont like L@G is...their phones suck,no firmware n software update!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-19 04:04
  • 95yY

I start to feel that S3 is getting boring.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-19 04:04
  • IaHY

T-Mobile has an offer for $149 with a 2year contract for this phone.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-19 03:06
  • 49w1

The Price is unfortunately 139$ on Verizon!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-19 00:21
  • jeru

we have it for $69(can)on 3yr term over here in Canada!!!
search planet mobile in montreal and see for yourself... got 2 of them, 1 for me and 1 for my husband.
cheapest aniversary gift ever(he loves it)
CANADA ROCKS !!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 23:53
  • Qxuu

I got Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE Sprint with $200 contract. The phone is Great but Sprint service so so bad calls drop, message failed and 3g network sucks. I have two lines and I'm paying $170 dollars. I dont understand I'm paying the bill for phone or bill. I'm switching to T-Mobile. T-Mobile Rocks

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 22:30
  • 49xm

Walmart selling it for $149 since long time so Costco doing

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 22:28
  • kJcG

> In reply to i HATER @ 2012-10-18 19:44 from U{V@ - click to readYou didn't get what I was saying...S3 mini=S3=Note 2 means that their design is the same. Samsung has rubbish designers and built quality. In terms of specs, they aren't the only ones who throw quadcores, or 2 GB of RAM. And that bogus company is the company which innovated smartphone industry, you crappy hater.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 19:58
  • 0UsW

> In reply to eFiJy @ 2012-10-18 19:35 from 0UsW - click to readfor ur information all r different phones... original S3 is their flagship phone of galaxy s series while S3, i9305 is the LTE version for international market , same as S3, the original one i9300 bit with LTE capability with JB preinstalled n 2 gb of ram while S3 mini is much downgraded phone which has no comparison with S3, not even.with S2... while note 2 is best out of them with 5.55" RBG superamoled display, a totally high end specs than S3... its not that they releasing same phone again n again... they all r different phones n biggest reason y i like samsung is the varying option they give for selection of smartphones unlike other companies which have a limited things to offer... hope i solved ur querries... u dont like samsung while i like samsung... its as simple as that... u like a bogus company while i dont... quite simple as that...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 19:44
  • U{V@

> In reply to i HATER @ 2012-10-18 19:31 from U{V@ - click to readAnd excuse me, but why is the new S3 better than the original S3, only because it comes with JB preinstalled? They launch numerous phones, they don't even know what to do next, their phones look all the same, S3 mini=S3=Note 2...why do you care so much for a company that has built a false name?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 19:35
  • 0UsW

Note 2 is going Stateside in less than a week, it's just natural. I got it last week and I'm still loving it!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 19:32
  • N9xA

> In reply to eFiJy @ 2012-10-18 18:59 from 0UsW - click to readthat u may also be knowing n thats why apple won patent war only in US but not in japan, korea, UK, germany n other parts of the world... what apple claimed was found in other brands viz htc, lg, sony n motorola too but samsung was their main target coz apple r threatend only by samsung n no other android manufacturer... if every claim goes in favour of apple then why they loose court case in other countries?? do u have a reason for that?? or may i ask apple inc. have reason for that??

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 19:31
  • U{V@

> In reply to i HATER @ 2012-10-18 18:55 from U{V@ - click to readEven LG O4X HD and of course LG OG has the same smoothness, speed and performance, even better, but people don't like LG because of its past. It is better this way, LG is not for common people like Samsung owners.

And you want to know why Samsung launched another S3? Why do you think? It wasn't good enough and the most important is that Apple forced them to take all the copied stuff off from all their handsest, including S3. You say that Samsung is that good then? As I said before, people don't know the truth and they buy anything these days.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/20...amsung-case/

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 18:59
  • 0UsW

> In reply to eFiJy @ 2012-10-18 18:40 from 0UsW - click to readhaha u possibly make me laugh... have u ever seen S3 i9305 model yet?? plz search in gsmarena itself n u will come to know that it has JB out f box n 2 gb of ram... even though in my country, the original S3, i9300 got JB update... may be ur country lagging behind... n its biggest joke that S3 took success footsteps of S2 what u saying in ur comment... S3 sold this many coz it is a great device with lots of features... none of kraits even surpassed its sale... S3 combines speed, performance n smoothness which everybody wants n that boosted its sale unlike other brands which have half on one phone n other half on another...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 18:55
  • U{V@

> In reply to i HATER @ 2012-10-18 18:34 from U{V@ - click to readS3 was sold in that amount because they had that much succes with the S2, and people tend to pay for whatever it is thrown at them, not thinking and not being able to make their own decissions. Look at Samsung phones and on the comments page you will see how dissapointed are the S3 users that the JB hasn't arrived on the handset yet, even Samsung announced it already has arrived...S3 fans say that LG looks in Samsung's garbage when making a phone, but if LG was looking in Samsung's garbage they wouldn't have that good phones they have now...saying something about LG? And S3 never beat OG in a single benchmark test. In terms of updating, LG has changed since they launched O4X HD and LG OG. Korea already has JB, and the rest of the world will have it by January 2013. LG isn't anymore a manufacturer to mock about, you people should have seen that already.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-18 18:40
  • 0UsW

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.