News - Reader comments

US pricing of unlocked iPhone 5 shows up on Apple's website

05 November, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
US pricing of unlocked iPhone 5 shows up on Apple's website - read the full textPricing of the factory unlocked Apple iPhone 5 in the US has surfaced on the company's website. While not officially announced, AppleInsider has discovered that entering the search query "iPhone 5 factory unlocked" reveals the pricing of the device. Contract-free the 16 GB iPhone 5 will set...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to bolblizt @ 2012-11-06 10:49 from vjr3 - click to readDude.. people dont buy benz or BMW just coz they cost higher.. People buy them coz they justify the cost in terms of Luxury , safety , features , engine response. How does iphone justify high cost? Just by premium "FEEL" ?

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 13:14
  • M7Yx

What's so new about this? I know it from the day when apple was releasing Iphone 5.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 13:12
  • uNVK

> In reply to bolblizt @ 2012-11-06 10:49 from vjr3 - click to readApple phones seem to have more plastic than sony phones. No reason these phones need to cost so much. Made in china by Filipino workers because they do not want to pay what it cost for Chinese workers. But I guess they need the high price to pay for all their lawsuits

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 12:53
  • 0dDV

> In reply to Kimidora @ 2012-11-06 05:40 from t7Xk - click to readHow you are trying to justify a overpriced device is just sad, you do realize that your so called IPhone barely cost 200$ to make and yet it is sold to people like you for a lot more than that just for than that and you say it is for the sake of prestige? Tell you what, the people who designed IPhone weren't the prestigious ones they are actually the "functional" ones. Your so called prestigious people are being used only to amplify the price of IPhone 5 by making them the model or the advertiser, but they have little to none when it comes to contribution to the creation of your IPhone 5. So without these "functional" people your IPhone 5, and same goes for almost every device we enjoy wouldn't exist, what do you think has more value literally now?

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 12:03
  • tha4

> In reply to Turdwan @ 2012-11-06 11:36 from M3s@ - click to readIts more powerful for a start and has 4G, dont worrie what others are buying u should be worrie about what apps your downloading on your device due to android app beeing extremely open to defrauding u out of your cash.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 11:46
  • 9Dfs

> In reply to ammy @ 2012-11-06 10:41 from vbTd - click to readHow is the 5 different than the 4S? They've added an extra inch on the display (hardly any of the apps have been configured for 4"), they've changed the connector and what else um.....there's no features to the phone like their is with the S3 no selling points barring a bigger screen and a pain in the ass connector that makes Apple more money...

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 11:36
  • M3s@

> In reply to champtheonly @ 2012-11-05 21:15 from uujG - click to readI bet you dont have an S3... if you would, your comment would have been against apple.. Nice try iFan

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 11:33
  • NaKm

> In reply to bolblizt @ 2012-11-06 10:49 from vjr3 - click to readlol... premateur not premium xD

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 11:22
  • 6%er

> In reply to Kimidora @ 2012-11-06 11:02 from t7Xk - click to readdo you men an American celebs?

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 11:18
  • 6%er

> In reply to Kimidora @ 2012-11-06 11:02 from t7Xk - click to readlol noynoy aquino (ph. president) using nokia 3310!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 11:18
  • P@1G

What phone do you, guys, notice most celebrities are using? Not the obsolete Blackberry and stupid Vertu phones even if they can afford them. They all use iPhones. And you have to pay them for them to use an Android phone.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 11:02
  • t7Xk

> In reply to TruthSeekr @ 2012-11-06 08:30 from 0p3M - click to readFTW for your butcher for choosing the right phone lol

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 10:58
  • vjr3

> In reply to kabhi @ 2012-11-06 09:59 from 9xVa - click to readApple is premuim brand like a benz and bmw that's it would never be as cheap as plastic phones

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 10:49
  • vjr3

> In reply to [deleted post]t7X2 is the IP for Opera Mini. I have a 15Mbps internet connection. I just use Opera Mini as it seems to be the only way comments can immediately be posted here without the need to wait for approval.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 10:46
  • t7Xk

> In reply to webs @ 2012-11-06 10:11 from P@1G - click to readwhatever d price is their product will going to b sell... cz iphone 5 is totally different from d 4s

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 10:41
  • vbTd

production cost for iphone is just $300, they should sell it around $500.. .anyway, the one who said that iphone 5 is for the elitist is a big time social climber. .

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 10:11
  • P@1G

> In reply to [deleted post]Is this i.d. is regional?, someone from india and hongkong use t7X* too.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 10:01
  • t7Xk

The unlocked Iphone (16GB) is available in India for Rs.45500 i.e. approx $818. In US its available for $649; which is way less than the Indian version. Can you believe it?? Thats why IPhone is a failure in India.
Earning/Buying capacity of People here is 1/3rd that of US. But Iphone is 4/3 times more than US. Ultimately, it concludes that Iphone is 4 times cheaper in US than India. What kinda prcing/marketing logic is that APPLE???

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 09:59
  • 9xVa

In Italy it's 729 euros for the 16Gb unlocked iPhone5. That's 930 $. It can be had on contract (typically around 50$/month), but most people don't like contracts. Almost everybody has a prepaid plan.
There is some tax difference, VAT here is 21% compared to, I think 7% in the U.S.A., but it's still a lot more expensive.
No wonder market share is about 15%, and going down... In the U.S. prices are lower, and most people obtain it on contract. That's why market share is higher in the U.S.A.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 09:44
  • TuNh

> In reply to Kimmy @ 2012-11-06 00:19 from t7Xk - click to readGrow up kid! what you saying is that people who don't have one doesn't have class / don't have class? So that you telling us that our classiness / status is based on a phone? lol iphone 5 dont need quad-core because it cant multitask. iphone is not the most expensive as you think. theres are still many android there are much expansive than your god iphone 5. iphone 5 is only overprice crap. you want to be class? buy vertue kido the real expensive but reasonable price. i think you only buy your iphone its only because of the price tag not because the functinality! i do read some of your comment everywhere and you always talking about price tag and about classines and you are not talking about your expirience using your superb product. or maybe you are just counting replies upon your comments. dont allow other people call you stupid for being sarcastic. so dont fool your self! sory but if this what you meant. i'm not here only to hurt you just saying :-) peace!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-06 09:43
  • t7X2

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.