News - Reader comments

HTC details Jelly Bean update, 512MB RAM phones not invited

13 November, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
HTC details Jelly Bean update, 512MB RAM phones not invited - read the full textHTC finally shed some light on the Jelly Bean update roll-out and compatibility. Unfortunately there are several devices that won’t get the Android 4.1 treatment and will be stuck on Ice Cream Sandwich forever. According to HTC devices with 512MB RAM or less are incompatible with Jelly Bean and...

 

Sort by:

to all trolls! firstly those are only excuses from htc! how the galaxy ace plus and mini 2 are getting jellybean with their single core and 512 mb of ram!!!?and how xperia j is getting jellybean?! and how nexus s got 4.1.2?? secondly ics was a very very major upgrade that moved android from a very capable grade already to a whoile new height! and that is proven by that ever power user that needs true multitasking and developper tools on the device itself and an open free os chooses android even without thinking of any other one! and android sice 2.2 is the most capable os ever unlike wp7.5! secondly aqndroid can be simply rooted with even more features and better everything! so no points of all you say! android is the best simply! and at least all midrange dual cores ( cheap options also as xperia sola and xperia u and ace 2 andxperia p and others) and high ends are moving everytime to the new os ( no matter how much it does take to prepare the update!) while the high end of the lumias cannot enjoy any goodie of wp8 other than new ui and better browser in wp7.8! wp is a good os but for a lot of users android is a need! so please so not troll here!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 21:26
  • MDVw

> In reply to QuadFace @ 2012-11-13 18:32 from N9@S - click to readAre you crazy? The HOX is barely one year old. It's not a "very old" phone just because there are newer phones out there.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 19:42
  • FcmY

The sensation has 768m, can't wait

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 19:20
  • pJf3

waiting for jelly bean on my sensation xe. .

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 19:07
  • rJ7%

Yeah, right...they are just like Samsung. They figure it is not cost effective to cater to the needs of those with mid-range phones.

The Nexus S, which has 512 RAM, seems to run Jelly Bean without any issues. The launcher is only one component of the OS. It is very unlikely that this is what is preventing the updates to arrive to lower end phones.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 18:50
  • j8wI
  • Atrix2 ICS @ Kuwait
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-13 18:26 from gLKN - click to readAt least HTC was good enough to exclude only 512MB RAM phones. Motorola has even excluded the MB865 with 1 GB RAM whereas XDA developers have ported a fully functional JB to this device. Suggest Motorola Mobility to outsource their OS development to XDA :-)

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 18:34
  • 3Z%9

just hope the htc amaze 4g gets it aswel

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 18:33
  • gLKR

My HTC One X is getting older and fading away, by the time Peter Chou will release this update my phone will be out of sight, is bad to use JB on very old phone like HOX, but my next phone will be Lumia 920 cuz HTC failed by selling us to Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 18:32
  • N9@S

sony don't you dare pull out that 512mb crap on us

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 18:26
  • gLKN

This 512 mb ram is just a lame excuse. If it's true how does nexus s run jelly bean.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 18:20
  • KId%

My One S was to get the JB update in Oct! And it's mid Nov now! :/

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:55
  • 6QaF

Bravo HTC, i bought this phone 5 months ago, and paid it much more than some of samsung low price phones. And now you tell me that I can not update my phone to Jellu Bean???? And put those updates to older phones??? You sucks.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:52
  • JKWR

My phone (galaxy mini) with 270 mb ram runs 4.1.2 better than ICS. The only reason for HTC's phne for not runnig JB is probably the sense ui.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:42
  • utkB

CyanogenMod is our salvation.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:41
  • 0k@w

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-13 17:14 from 7Cgg - click to read.... you don't know your facts and let me help you get it right.

The reason Android is successful is because it is moving/has moved forward at a much faster pace than Apple/WP8

Let us keep this clean and simply for the less intelligent to get this into their thick skull (yourself).

1.) The reason HTC is not making profit any more and declining at a fast rate is because of news like this
2.) Sense is bloated
3.) This company hasn't learned its lesson and keeps on doing the same mistakes over and over agian.

Samsung, while a little bit behind Google(duh), manages to release updates at a very very fast rate which i must say is a great, fantastic job.

Now the one you should really be comparing other phones to when you talk about android is whom? WHOM? YES GOOGLE!

Google released the Nexus 4 today and simultaneously other devices get the 4.2 update.

What does this have to say? All in all google is doing a great job, there's a reason why they are successful.

It's HTC's fault for bloating the hell out of their UI making the whole UI one single FRAMEWORK where one part just doesn't work with the other, thus slowing updates and even being a memory hog.

Look @ the Nexus line, great updates device wise.


Now get a grip troll.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:31
  • mjGS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-13 17:14 from 7Cgg - click to readeven an outdated gingerbread provides better functionality and features when compared to iOS and WP7

so all those apple users might get iOS6(well lower models get half baked updates)...hell iOS6 is getting features now which already existed 2yrs back on android....so no worries...plus there is always a developer community which provides unofficial updates

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:30
  • YTFu

android fail.

Nuff said.

Slap in the face to its customers. Some have been waiting for an update, only to find out now, you can't update to jb2.

Reason why android does so well is because of "fandroids" out there. You guys better off switching to a windows phone or an iphone. Windowns phone is going to cut into androids market share within 4 years.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:14
  • 7Cgg

HTC should hire better programmers or forget about its shitty sense UI because jelly bean runs just fine on my stone age old HTC desire ...

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:13
  • p@tx

> In reply to Desire s @ 2012-11-13 17:01 from nrjB - click to readAint gonna happen. HTCdev.com for you, my friend.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:08
  • n9RQ

> In reply to Adam @ 2012-11-13 16:47 from S35S - click to readReason why apple do so well is cause of fanboys like you.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-13 17:07
  • pkgp

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.