News - Reader comments

LG explains that the Nexus 4 LTE connectivity is actually a dud

25 November, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
LG explains that the Nexus 4 LTE connectivity is actually a dud - read the full textThe presence of an 4G LTE chip in the LG Nexus 4 has been making owners of the device scratch their head and giving them hope that it might eventually be hacked to work. The revelation made by iFixit's teardown of the device has made a lot of buzz around the web and an LG spokesperson has...

 

Sort by:

me dont like and dont wanna nexus 4 anymore. google put on sell only 100 devices,and sold out in 10 min (LOL),and because nexus dont have physical button,and use about 10% of screen for virtual buttons,such as Back,Home,Taskbar ,shyyyt..

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 22:50
  • n52x

ofcourse Samsung has the best hardware / software. These guys know software and have the R&D to make the best. HTC or any other phone manufacturers can't hang including apple who uses left over crap parts from Samsung.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 22:32
  • j5Jk

I bet in a few months they will be selling Nexus 4 with official LTE capability via addition of a signal amplifier and filter, and with 32 GB, maybe also (but less probably) 64 GB storage option.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 21:44
  • 39P5

> In reply to Boom boom boom @ 2012-11-25 20:45 from fxHY - click to readthough it is very smooth but yes less than all others ! htc sense is really amazing but full of bugs ! though far better in android 4.1! but timescape is the most battery friendly and bug free custom ui ( i've tested it , and i actually own a sony device) and touchwiz is the best , simply the best ui , full of awesome stuff and not buggy!though on android you can very simply change the ui so android is on any device the best!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 21:38
  • MDVw

You all bashing LG notice that Google picked them to put them on the market a little more?
Also because that way they could sell it on the PLAY STORE for $400ish

It'll come to carriers with a $600 price point, if not $700 with tax. So anyone bashing stop hating and goto your carrier phones. LG has brighter whites, Samsung has better darks, and Sony...they have the media aspect down 100%.

There are the three big compeditors for phone manufacturers just like in Canada we have the big 3 Cellphone companies. All got pro's and con's.

When it comes down to it, GOOGLE made LTE not accessible on the Nexus 4 due to lack of certain extra pieces, but LTE can work so why hate? Appreciate the fact the Nexus 4 even has the LTE chip period.
That's all they're missing past the processor of the Galaxy Nexus for it to be a great product.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:52
  • RnA3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 20:46 from 3HXI - click to readexcept it does have 4g lte.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:52
  • q{pE

No 4G isn't a deal breaker, but if the N4 had 4G and a micro SD slot it really would be the greatest phone for a good while

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:46
  • 3HXI

> In reply to Jeanandroidfan @ 2012-11-25 17:55 from MDVw - click to readNexus products are generally the first products featuring latest os. Google should go with google only. Nexus products are naturally come with full of troubles. No TouchWiz no HTCSense no OptimusUI no TimeScape makes cutom google os worst than ever.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:45
  • fxHY

> In reply to regs @ 2012-11-25 20:40 from JH@8 - click to readand your point? every carriers also subsidizes the phones they are selling

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:43
  • q{pE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 19:57 from q{pE - click to readthat's subsidized.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:40
  • JH@8

So how hard it is to put "essential hardware parts"? Not too hard I'd imagine.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:35
  • M{4S

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 18:02 from vGuY - click to readyou have no idea what u talking about omg

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:34
  • 45TU

My LTE on my Nexus 4 works great :) get your facts straight. LTE band 4 is the only band that works and my carrier supports it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:33
  • 4AdD

Never buy an LG made. LG wannabe Samsung.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:28
  • 3iJC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 17:59 from Ixag - click to read"Noobs" What a word...
Play the counetr strike on steam ?

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 20:16
  • 9BcN

From my understanding, the phone already has a 3G amplifier and filter, all that matters is that it can recieve any 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 Mhz signals and has a LTE modem, with a software teak, those signals can be sent to the LTE modem. In conclusion, any of those spectrums can be used for either 3G or 4G.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 19:58
  • q{tx

> In reply to regs @ 2012-11-25 19:55 from JH@8 - click to readit costs 299 in US

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 19:57
  • q{pE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-25 18:02 from vGuY - click to readActually LG Nexus 4 cost $570

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 19:55
  • JH@8

I suggest Google that in the future to worg with HTC. I think this is the only premium phone between al the android phones. They have the best materials, not samsung,not lg, not mottorola, not sony, maybe asus. I d`ont know what to buy : nexus 4 because I hac one nexus or padfone 2. I think I should buy PADFONE 2 because they use better materials and they have he same characteristics(specifications) like nexus + better camera . Soo I hope the next nexus will be from HTC or Asus and you will win the battle with the Iphone in all directions

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 19:30
  • ajZI

Shut up and take my money!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-25 18:54
  • 0Bya

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.