News - Reader comments

Unlocked iPhone 5 goes on sale in the US

30 November, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Unlocked iPhone 5 goes on sale in the US - read the full textThe US market was one of the first to get the iPhone 5 on launch day. However, the only devices available until now were locked to carriers and available on contract. Well, if you stay in the US, you don't have to look at other countries to get your unlocked iPhone 5 anymore. These devices...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to vish93 @ 2012-11-30 19:58 from fC5Q - click to readWill the unlocked Iphone 5 launched in USA work in India or not ?

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 20:50
  • KA42

Apple would have been easily no 1 selling phone manufacturer, if only they priced it right. These prices and high monthly plan rates are only meant for those who are never affected by the crazy economy

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 20:04
  • Ny4v

This cel cannot be used outside d U.S. ??

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 19:58
  • fC5Q

For tech geeks, this is a must have. For me, all I see is a taller screen and a big drastic change in weight reduction.. thats about it. Is it worth the $649? no.

There are still alot of functions the iphone still lacks and other phones fair better in. Iphone is far from being the best phone, it may be the best Iphone, but Apple is slowly adding these features in every year. Samsung, Nokia, and any other phone company will look at Apple for comparison and start catching up making Apple feel scared and start hitting other big name companies with lawsuits if Apple feels vulnerable.

Samsung Galaxy S3, Nokia 920 is just the beginning of Apple's hurt in the phone industry and its not going to stop there once there is a higher standard of phones out there to choose from. Apple is no longer in a monopoly of "high quality phones" but then again, it wasn't a high quality phone to begin with , the prices are just the luxury part making consumers feel like they are paying their money's worth.

I have an Iphone 4 and an Iphone 4S and I am still frustrated with Apple on how slow they can be with implementing new tech and functionality to their phones. If I get the Iphone 5, i bet it still won't make a big difference, it only adds to my frustration and making me feel more stupid that the phone can't do what I want it to do even if it is a simple task that Apple wouldn't want to add to their IOS.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 19:24
  • YiSW

I am an Sony fan but not android fan.....I do like apple the way they do and the way they move.... But I just feel annoyed why always Samsung HTC LG or other fan complain about Apple product if you love your product just buy and play it........ Why so worry or care about apple..... I don't really see apply fan or Apple user complain about other companies why.....maybe apple serve them enough already?..... Think by yourself

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 19:09
  • 9Ga@

can any one tell me the price of unlocked iphone 4s 16GB phone price including tax in US.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 18:10
  • bCgy

Lag.. Lag.. Lag and lag.. Android is for smart people who knows how to clear ram.. And know how to handle smart device.. For sure if you not smart enough.. Iphone is suitable for you..

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 17:30
  • tu6%

> In reply to Rodriguez La Plache @ 2012-11-30 16:31 from fjRJ - click to readhey buddy,
great to see your positive attitude. If only all phone users were like you and willing to admit the flaws and adtantages of thier phones...

I was a huge nokia fan (and still am over any other brand), but i have opened up to learning about all operating systems because i love to know what's happening in the market. I've managed to get my hands on a lot of products, and i do admit android is superior in apps and openess.

at the same time, all other os's have great advantages... it just frustrates me to hear people bashing other brands and OS's when they've never even used them...i hated windows and apple, but i've gained an INSANE amount of respect for them once i used them... i would HIGHLY recommend windows to you if you havent already used it.. they are restricted, but within the next 2 updates, they will match the customization of android.

great talkin to you too... wish you the best.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 17:06
  • Mfxa

> In reply to huhhhh? @ 2012-11-30 16:03 from Mfxa - click to readReal Android user never say 'No lag at all'. But it's much better now than what it was 1/2/3 years ago. So, until now Google haven't found any way to completely eliminates those lags completely just yet. But Android has more features, more personalization than iOs and WP8. So...

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 17:04
  • tA$@
  • Rodriguez La Plache
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to huhhhh? @ 2012-11-30 15:09 from Mfxa - click to readHey "huhhhh?" I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties with your Android based smartphones. I have adopted them since January 2010 while still using the Nokia N8 until January 2011 and I can not really complain about Android in general. I haven't had a chance to do an in depth analysis on iOS or W8 yet, simply too busy & one of my contracts will end June 2013. So I will only start reading reviews and checking pros and cons about a month or two before then. By the way good choice on the N9 if it wasn't for the fact that Nokia killed "Meego" while it was launching. I would have purchased it myself.

The main reason why I use Android is because of the openness of the Operating System. I use the phone mainly for work related tasks: Exchange, emails, web browsing, office application editing and during weekend some multimedia & benchmarks :-). I'm also one of these people that tell "things" (PC, Laptops, servers, rooters) what to do and not the other way around, so if I am not happy with some limitations that the OS or hardware imposes... guess what? That item will be replaced! Good chatting to you. You provide sound advise & comments. Don't get too upset about people that are really uptight about their smartphone brands or OSs. It really boils down to nothing :-)

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 16:31
  • fjRJ

> In reply to huhhhh? @ 2012-11-30 16:03 from Mfxa - click to readI got my first iphone 14 months ago and agree with all you say..I used to bash iphone but had to try one for myself and never looked back really..Ive had sgs3 3 times now and it can stutter and does have lag..
However iphone is consistantly consistant ,consistantly.

In other words the iphone is slick and fluent always ,all the time every time.Even my first iphone the iphone 4 was smooth as silk on a singlt 800MHz core..So was the single core Nokia 710 i had it was smooth but had no equaliser so got rid.

If folk out there still hate iphone like i did then try one and see how slick it is.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 16:28
  • TktT

great smartphone and very handy! it's got BETTER DISPLAY than the 4S. i can say that its MORE RELIABLE than any other phones I've used! especially when BROWSING the web, BATTERY LIFE is superb! well done apple!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 16:15
  • vpY2

> In reply to Dazz @ 2012-11-30 15:55 from 0pc3 - click to readlisten.. you can justify it as MUCH as you want.. the fact is wen you compare what has lag and wat doesn't... andoird has lag and WP8/iOS dont! period. I dontt care what android has to do to elimate the lag... and dont tell me android does things instantly.. ive; been in many situations where i've pushed an app button 2-3 times before it opens due to the delay.

and just to let you know...it takes MORE processing power to create those graphics swtiches.. so windows should be lagging even more because it has all those fancy transitions.

also, i talked about multitasking view and home screen swtiching.. windows and iOS have no fancy graphics in those two modes.. so dont tell me they cover things up. you're ego covers up you're realization of the truth.. thats why you're pulling excuses out of your *$$

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 16:03
  • Mfxa

> In reply to youlie @ 2012-11-30 15:37 from QKqY - click to readdo you know how to read? clearly you dont know how to speak english. i never said i have an SG3 or a nexus 4. I said i have a samsung galaxy nexus! i've used the SG3 PLEANTY of times.. my cousin has it, 3 of my friends have it, and i've played with display models MANY times!

dotn tell me i lie.. you just feel ashamed to admit that android has flaws and is FAR from perfect.. thats the problem with you android fanboys... ive used microsoft phones as well.. and NOTHING compares to WP8 wen it comes to simplicity, elegance, speed and efficiency. curerntly im using a nokia n9 (meego OS and samsung galaxy nexus).

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 15:57
  • Mfxa

> In reply to huhhhh? @ 2012-11-30 15:09 from Mfxa - click to readThe main reason why you see it is due to the animations, if you change the speed from 1x to 2x or 3x then it doesn't lag. Reason why it lags is the buffering from the internal SD card to the application. IOS and WP7/8 hide their lag with animations to help cover the buffering process.

The price i quoted was for the 16GB as that is the same as the article's price of the 16GB iPhone 5. However the bonus of the Android device is you can expand it to 80GB with a 64GB SD card.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 15:55
  • 0pc3

I bought an iPhone 5 64GB in black. Plenty of storage. Beautiful phone. The best I have used. As good as the Padfone 2. Heaps better than my SGS2 or ONE X.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 15:51
  • sy9x

> In reply to san der @ 2012-11-30 12:39 from t7Xk - click to readooh no ,there is no problem from me, but usual i can see here that 90% of android users,especially samsung ones,are bashing iphone users with stupid words like "idiots" and stuff. any iphone user have nothing to do with samsung users,because he/she is relaxed, but i do not know why only samsung ones are those so frustrated. and yes, i prefer to have an aston martin without wheels than a stupid kia. anytime. i prefer to buy wheels for the aston matin or tow it forever. i prefer to push from behind an aston martin on the top of a hill than driving a kia. i rest my case

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 15:42
  • 0Cb2

> In reply to huhhhh? @ 2012-11-30 15:09 from Mfxa - click to readYou no hab non gs3. u lie. an u no hab non Nexus 4. tap u lie.(You do not have a Gs3 nor Nexus 4. You are telling many lies.)

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 15:37
  • QKqY

i brought two iphone 5 unlock and with both iphone 5 , i still didn't get a 10 . To each its own

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 15:30
  • YhdC

> In reply to Rodriguez La Plache @ 2012-11-30 13:12 from fjR7 - click to readif you're running 4.1, then yes, lag is very minor.. but if its 4.0 or older, then there is lag. i've witnessed this on mutiple phones ... my piece of crap galaxy nexus is the worst.

you notice it most when switching between home screens, and in the multitasking veiws (especially wen scrolling between open apps)...even the SG3 hesitates with this.

also with custom roms on the SG3, i've seen noticable lag when switching between home screens or even while using the internet.

one thing is for sure... microsoft is FAR ahead in fluidness compared to android. And its funny cause android fans always used to deny any lag on android, and now 4.1 came and now fanboys are admitting 4.0 and older were laggy versions, but project butter/android 4.1 has now improved noticably.

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-30 15:09
  • Mfxa

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.