News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S III outsells Apple iPhone 5 in the UK

03 December, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy S III outsells Apple iPhone 5 in the UK  - read the full textFor a seventh consecutive month, the Samsung Galaxy S III is the most popular smartphone in the United Kingdom. The data compiled by uSwitch is based on live searches, pre-orders, as well as postpaid sales. Curiously, Apple's current smartphone flagship is not even second. The iPhone 5 is...

 

Sort by:

Who would buy an iPhone if you get it with scratches out of the box?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 07:24
  • N9bD

> In reply to iPhone 1234 @ 2012-12-04 07:02 from dWAu - click to readIs this some sort of inferiority complex? Do you fAndroids have mommy issues or what? Just go and enjoy your phones and leave apple fans alone...

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 07:07
  • dWAu

> In reply to Big Daddy @ 2012-12-04 06:38 from t}37 - click to readthey are on their own forum ,talking about their own phone,not like you.
when you gonna learn to respect that?


  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 07:02
  • dWAu

> In reply to JACK SPARRROW @ 2012-12-04 06:44 from jn@v - click to readAye Capt. Jack! However, the Galaxy S4 will be the top of the pops nxt year!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:56
  • vwwA

No wonder why... I had some time playing with both Galaxy S3 and iphone 5 recently and it wasn't like before iPhone could justify any price tag attached to it http://www.teqno-logical.com/r...rth-buying/. Now Galaxy S3 has everything if not more that iPhone offers and cheaper. The only thing iPhone is worth to pay for is its design and "name".
End...

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:52
  • 6XUn

No wonder iphone 5 got a lot of pre orders in the first day but after just one month there are no orders anymore

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:52
  • wYA%


i have a note1 an s3 and a note2. they are all fantastic fones. gazillion times better than iphone....

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:48
  • 2IsN

S3 is the best phone I ever owned -period

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:44
  • jn@v

The iphone 5 is popular only for two months because its an apple but after that no more

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:40
  • wYA%

Omg crapple fans where are u.. XD

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:38
  • t}37

> In reply to missingThePoint @ 2012-12-04 06:20 from qJm} - click to readOh i wonder what the reason is 4 that? I guess folks just understood that (Cr)apple is just tryin 2 rip 'em off with an i(e)longated version of the iPhone 4/4s by sellin it as the iPhone 5! (Cr)apple r brilliant salespeople n one of the best examples of how 2 sell the same thing in a different package! If nothing else, we can all learn marketing and litigation from 'em! U gotta give 'em credit where it's due!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:37
  • vwwA

The iAm Rich app that (Cr)apple launched a few years back and cost $ 1,000 and did absolutely nothing epitomizes everything abt the company, they're just a status symbol for the rich, by the rich and of the rich n essentially useless! Yes Android also has a similar status symbol message 4 the uber rich but it costs a fifth of the iApp!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:22
  • vwwA

> In reply to fidu didu @ 2012-12-04 05:36 from sy0Y - click to readFrom my perspective, and I could be wrong, people are/were missing the point. So, as I understand it: It has nothing to do with how long the iPhone 5 has been out as compared to the S III. Why? Because the original article (I first saw listed on PhoneScoop) clearly states that presently in the UK the iPhone 4S is outselling the 5. Point: People are not warming to the iPhone 5 as expected; people still prefer to purchase, at least in the UK, the iPhone 4S and/or S III.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:20
  • qJm}

People not stupid anymore…

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:16
  • pXj2

IPhone is not the phone that got attention anymore like 2 or 3 years ago. People nowaday are very smart, they chose the phone that give the best user experienced. Those phone are flagship Android phone, not the simple boring iPhone.

Android phone are selling more than iphone everywhere. In UK, Germany, Spain, China, South America, Africa.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:11
  • xA1g

I am a bit surprised the Note 2 didn't sell better. Yes I know many of you think it is too big but we who have Note 2 can tell you it is not that big AND everyone knows it's the world's best phone. Maybe it's the high price, people think like "the S3 is almost as big and we save a lot of money. It has quad core also right?", and then they forget that the main advantage in Note 2 comes from the double amount of RAM. It's really so much faster for heavy usage, compared to iphone 4s the Note 2 UI is flying supersonic, much smoother and faster. Those who say iOS is smooth just haven't tried Jellybean with 2GB.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 06:10
  • Kg}t

Logic, and normal news for me.
SGS3 is the best smartphone yet.


regards
Nasser

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 05:57
  • J1EM

Samsung,you are the Best.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 05:52
  • utxh

seriously !!! do you really need to post this? even when there is no comparison between iPhone and galaxy S series as you say. And by the way why would you compare their sales when Apple launched iPhone 5 recently while Galaxy SIII had been staying on the market for long . This doesn'y seems to be a rational comparison.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 05:36
  • sy0Y

I guess uk people no longer know how to distinguish quality devices from none

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 05:35
  • 8f{9

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.