News - Reader comments

Apple found to infringe MobileMedia patents in US

14 December, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple found to infringe MobileMedia patents in US - read the full textApple lost a weeklong patent infringement case brought by a patent-licensing company MobileMedia Ideas LLC, a company in which Nokia, Sony and MPEG LA own about a 10% stake. It took the jury just four hours of deliberation to find that the iPhone 5 was in violation of three of the patents...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to hnh852003 @ 2012-12-15 11:01 from tsJj - click to readI can't see any "new" thing in IOS, this is my way of seing things.
Surely, IOS users feel new things for their device and OS, but for me/us/you maybe it's nothing new or out of the ordinary.
About patents and stuff... i couldn't care less ! Patents have a way to twist tings and right now i thing they are pointless. Every company can buy/sell patents and use them in other devices, or re-invent them.
Stealing them on the other hand is bad, but Apple seems to do the same as any other, does not matter if it's Samsung/Apple/HTC/Nokia, Google or Microsoft - they all do it ! But i can't stand the fact that some take credit for stolen patents and re-patent them for their own benefit !

This is a never-ending story.

That's why i don't troll, i'm not a fan-boy.. i used pretty much every brand out there and i stick with the product i like, not the brand itself ! [Think before you buy, don't de an idiot!]- my way of seing things !

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 11:12
  • Mf5A

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-15 05:00 from 2IsP - click to readNope Google didn't want to "rescue" anyone but when it saw Nokia, Bing and all those promote their mapping applications on iPhone, Google felt it had to do something to retrieve the huge user base, so it released its app. It's all business and no one in business has a heart you know.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 11:09
  • MDVq

> In reply to RaZ1 @ 2012-12-15 10:18 from Mf5A - click to readThe problem is: every patent apple invent or buy is put to a closed platform and charge enormously. The money users pay a company for inventions, not acquisition and monopoly. New tech on iphone5, how many are bought, how many are invented by apple, and how many are stolen?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 11:01
  • tsJj

apple sucks

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 10:25
  • vfxa

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-12-15 09:48 from v0qx - click to readI really do not care if someone pays 1500$ for a plant-like phone or anything else, it's not my money...
I do not and will not pay that much for anything that does less than my HTC One X [that costs about 500-550$ right now] !
This is why it's a free world, everyone can decide : to be stupid or to think !

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 10:18
  • Mf5A

apple steals again. again and again, i want this fruit go jail. unbelievable attitude by apple. what a shame..

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 10:13
  • P@1G

> In reply to RaZ1 @ 2012-12-15 09:36 from Mf5A - click to readYes, you don't mind paying $1500 for less features? Oh, that's the selling point...

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:48
  • v0qx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-15 07:20 from IWY} - click to readTabs are far more versatile, customization, portable (yes, Apple finally caught on with the 7"), make calls & SMS and expandable. It's a relief that we get to choose better stuff rather than being offered only iPad as sub-computers. Is the Samsung made "retina" IPS screen the biggest aspect iPad users can brag about?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:43
  • v0qx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-15 07:23 from IWY} - click to read
ladies and gentlemen, this ifan admits iphone's lower performance vs android....


  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:41
  • 2IsP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-15 07:20 from IWY} - click to readI have no problem with that question. I said many times that the well known brands are not doing anything to challenge ipad. Sony and Samsung are still on 1280x800 for some reason that noone knows.

Android tablets are Ok anyway and I am sure you know why. The reason is the one thing that ios fans don't wanna talk about, iTunes.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:39
  • Kg{s

> In reply to TheNeighbor @ 2012-12-15 09:22 from v0qx - click to readThere is no logic here !

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:36
  • Mf5A

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-15 07:23 from IWY} - click to readSorry, my logical mind says not to spend on something that is hyped to be the best, less in processing & RAM (yes, yes, you keep saying you don't need them because it stops other background functions like downloading torrents), lesser features that I need (like for presenting wirelessly, live sketching, quick file exchanges, smart watch integration, quick battery change, gesture controls). $1500 on an iOS device (which you are comparing to a sports car on this case) versus an Android premium device that has true multi-tasking capabilities with multi-windows (in which case you have compared it to a common car) at half the price tag. Does your argument make sense to you? Oh, your only argument would be you have that "premium" aluminum material that you cover with silicon or the same plastic most Android phones use. Aluminum is a soft inexpensive metal like in soda cans. You waving premium? Get a white gold or titanium version made. We have seen how the metal back grounds to lessen signal reception.

Stop using car sales references to smartphones sales. The iPhone's performance is no match to the Samsung Galaxy Note II that practically beats every aspect of smoothness, screen pixel count, multi-tasking, and practicality. Your logic does not follow!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:22
  • v0qx

Serves them right after the entire samsung v apple battle!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:17
  • ix13

> In reply to techwhizz @ 2012-12-15 01:24 from in55 - click to readBeen smoking grandpas underwear? Apple Good at design? Yeah, in 2007. Even if they had a good OS without iTunes dependency i would not buy iphone because of the outdated design. 3 days ago we bought new phone formy wife, wanted to get a midrange Samsung but we just could not do it because of the old fashion ugly design the Samsung borrowed from iphone. So we got a Sony instead. Off contract. She tested a iphone 4s in the other store but wasn't excited at all, boring phone with boring old design, it was free on contract but who cares when it's an ugly old iphone.

You want a successful current design that has proven itself to be loved? Galaxy S3. Most successful smartphone, would not sell that well if it didn't look good i think?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:15
  • Kg{s


crApples patents are not about innovations in technology. their patents are mere cosmetics. it's tim crook patents the way he applies make up on his face.

ridiculous..............!!!


  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:12
  • 2IsP

Every dog has its day. Today is the day; the free world is the dog :D

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:05
  • iIR0

Wow a parent being used properly, ie to protect something you've INVENTED not stolen from existing devices and patented as yours and not trivial practically meaningless design aspects like rectangles with rounded corners or overscroll bounce!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:01
  • 39x{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-15 07:23 from IWY} - click to readOMG......... u really said that?????????????

You comparing a piece of shit(iphone) with sports cars????

There is nothing common about sports car and a phone. Sports car r expensive coz they have power n performance. Its a real piece of power unlike the iphone just costing more doesnt make it powerful in features. U show me any cheap sportscar with same power or similar to that.... u cant coz all r full of performance but u can find many many smartphones with same in fact better features than iphone with less price and they are worth it. Not like the iphone just haveing a costly tag.

What is so special in iphone that is not there in other smartphone? Plz dont tell design there is no technology in design tell me features.

I m waiting i-supporters reply n prove me wrong
.
.
.
.
.
.
if u can.....lol

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 09:01
  • sSKZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-15 07:20 from IWY} - click to readiPad is a losER. galaxy tab will dominate iPad soon :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 08:55
  • fxHY

> In reply to wHATEVER @ 2012-12-14 16:36 from MvuP - click to readI want your life.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-15 08:50
  • sy9x

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.