News - Reader comments

Apple sells two million iPhone 5 in China in opening weekend

17 December, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple sells two million iPhone 5 in China in opening weekend - read the full textApple has just revealed that they sold over two million iPhone 5 in the first weekend in China, since it went on sale on December 14. This is pretty big news since analysts predicted a rather lukewarm response to Apple's latest smartphone in China. To put this number in perspective, Apple...

 

Sort by:

fine iphone is d best phone of all but really have to do something about the new OS 6.0.2 is really draining my batter....plssss do something b4 i started regretting by or even updating to d new OS.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-24 00:06
  • f0EE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-17 21:51 from 0Cb2 - click to readwhat's your point again? oh yeah, you're saying iphone users are narrow minded and won't accept the fact that some other devices are better? very intelligent. go for beauty. end up with useless.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 07:25
  • 9xBW

> In reply to Barzreap @ 2012-12-17 23:59 from JCt7 - click to readresell value for androids are low because buyers know how to haggle and would get the best bargain. the other way around for you guys.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 07:18
  • 9xBW

> In reply to Tmc @ 2012-12-18 11:14 from sATp - click to readi love this super car to cheap car comparisons. you also plan to restore your iproducts in 20 years or so right?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-21 07:14
  • 9xBW

just status symbol.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-19 02:02
  • RxnW

> In reply to dmakun @ 2012-12-18 04:33 from N9@S - click to readporsche,aston martin,mini cooper,morgan are stagnant too. kia in exchange is very revolutinary :))))

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 12:40
  • 0Cb2

everybody wants an iphone. even the haters are secretly drooling over it

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 12:38
  • 0Cb2

> In reply to Owned. @ 2012-12-17 16:33 from fvA3 - click to readwell said dude.....

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 11:27
  • U$0c

All apple product are great! Apple's all OS are stable. No need to compare with any other brand. People who use apple product won't back to other brand. Useless to comment anything about bad apple product. You guys can't get BMW car with cheap Chinese car price!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 11:14
  • sATp

> In reply to zinco @ 2012-12-17 12:24 from 6s}p - click to readthey won't get it. it's either that's what they really need, or they will defend that that's what they really need.
hating is a bit too much though i admit.
apple fans don't use "simplicity" too much, some might think it means simple minded.
to each his own.
use ur phone as a smartphone and not a status symbol.
social status is so overrated.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 08:43
  • 9xBW

> In reply to Pritam Das @ 2012-12-17 15:40 from t1$A - click to readActually, even the patent property of Apple's unlock combination screen, was cloned by Samsung's android that results samsung is now banned at US. " not sure about the info's ".

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 08:37
  • P@dH

> In reply to dmakun @ 2012-12-18 04:33 from N9@S - click to readImaginations now become Reality.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 08:22
  • P@dH

use things and love people instead of love things and use people. people nowadays are too materialistic. they forget the real value of life.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 06:10
  • RxnW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-17 19:08 from 0Cb2 - click to readYeah right! I like what I like because I'm not you, can you get that into your little head? I beg to differ on your opinion of why Apple & ios is better than my android. I offer compatibility & continuous innovation to the boring & stagnant os you love so much. FYI I use a Samsung galaxy note.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-18 04:33
  • N9@S

I think eveyone forgets apple is the Bentley of mobile phones lol. You can release what ever you want and even say it has this and that but let's be honest if you wanna have the best you go for the apple. Look at every device released by android last year and even some from this year and you'll notice there resell value is rubbish, then you look at iPhone and I'm not being funny I swear the iPhone 4S sells better if not more then all of them put together. That is value for money and this is why you buy a iPhone. Oh and I need I mention things like iOS updates or not even really feeling the need to upgrade. I'm got my iPhone 5 because its the best thing out and will be no matter what is released. I have a ipad mini cos it is the best thing out not being funny but in a year say that about your android device whichever one it may be.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-17 23:59
  • JCt7

> In reply to will lee wanta @ 2012-12-17 19:09 from PASA - click to readthat is the point: you want iphone 5, but you can't afford it. NO one of apple users will want to own a galaxy s3 or a note 2, they simply do not like it, because if they want it, they can easy buy it instead buying apple. it is useless to explain to an apple customer what are the advantages of note 2, he/she simply do not want to hear about it,to hold it in the hand because is big,ugly and tasteless

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-17 21:51
  • 0Cb2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-17 08:54 from xIhZ - click to readiphone5 is beautiful and powerful.
but is it worth every penny? i don't think so

here in Indonesia 16gb iphone5's price is $900
very ridiculous

my galaxy note 2 (which is more powerful) is only $700

i do want an iphone5, but i think i'll pass

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-17 19:09
  • PASA

> In reply to nabill @ 2012-12-17 13:36 from bJbk - click to readmany of iphone users buy it because is the smallest,cutest,tasteful product on the market. other buy it because it is simple to use it, to make a simple phone call,and they are doctors,lawyers,construct engineers and do not care about ppi or amoled anymore,they are very far from the geek world of gsmarena forum. other buy iPHONE for IPHONE'S MUSICAL FIDELITY AND POWER THROUGH HEADPHONES OUTPUT LIKE ME and because itunes offers me the best way to add songs directly to a new playlist and because of the easy icloud maintanace for notes,calendar,CONTACTS. iphone is a perfect tool for anyone. android is twisted,complicated and in general is running on very ugly and tasteless devices. except motorola razr maxx and sony xperia maybe...

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-17 19:08
  • 0Cb2

more 50% of those 2 mil are scalpers in China. They try to make quick money.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-17 19:02
  • p{iu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-17 16:52 from qGpv - click to readLol. Really?

so many eh?

Name them..

I'll get you started: The HTC Droid DNA.

Ok where's the rest of these mythical beasts...?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-17 18:08
  • MQKQ

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.