News - Reader comments

Samsung expected to ship 350 million smartphones in 2013

27 December, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung expected to ship 350 million smartphones in 2013 - read the full textAccording to the latest report by DigiTimes, Samsung is expected to ship over 500 million mobile devices globally in 2013. Also, out of these, 350 million are expected to be smartphones. With the total smartphone shipments for 2013 is expected to be around the 800-900 million mark, this...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to JohnyClydek @ 2012-12-27 09:54 from psbr - click to read:|... You have some problems, really.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 11:40
  • nDVD

i like samsung phone,,,, well.,, well,,,, very very well

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 11:06
  • vwes

> In reply to hmmm @ 2012-12-29 12:25 from y$fY - click to readi don't think so!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-31 03:06
  • PUYF

jealousy is futile. they make great products and there is nothing wrong with that. don't put any companies on a pedestal. they are not gods,countries,or idols. they are groups of people who want to make a lot of money. haters and lovers are the extreme results of their marketing. they don't care about you

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-30 22:52
  • sfQM

history ignored is doomed to repeat itself

THEN

apple tried to monopolise the PC market and got screwed over becaused the many (many) more cheaper PC options the customer had. eventually microsoft even invented a decent OS. and that killed apple off

NOW

apple tried to corner the phone and tablet market by monopolising the OS on their own brand. google just played a smart play- gave everyone the OS. apple losing market share was an eventuality.


apple are only going to hurt more because of how well google has made its latest tablet and phone.

a smart apple would partner with one of the android big phone companies and allow iOS on them- at least on a limitied basis. HTC would be my choice because the sense os works like a marvel.
also would give aple a better chance in the far east where samsung and others are kiling apple.

if it was me- i'd buy a percentage in HTC- conditionally give them the iOS (not allow them to make a higher resolution than the iphone 5-6- or a screen bigger than 4.5 inches)
HTC makes a cheaper phone and apple expands into other territories and maybe takes away some of samsungs momentum.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-30 18:49
  • HKAm

> In reply to Vic @ 2012-12-28 21:05 from 9x2U - click to readwell well well. i wonder will iOS fit to nokia, sony, etc. it WILL NEVER FIT or RUN! Android can run on multiple device. That's awesome!! And iOS?? huh... it's no-no -.-

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-29 12:25
  • y$fY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 18:23 from f0ED - click to readagree with you. how come my comment isn't here anymore? it's about indian pharm companies that copies patented expensive medicines so they can help the poor. somebody reporte it? lol

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-29 05:33
  • 9xBW

Hey, im a nokia fan boy.bt i wnt2 say dat apple selling only 2 3 phones bt stil they compette with samsung,n ha they also hav their own os.nt android lyk samsung.so it means apple is a winner in someways.bt we know dat samsung is a gøod company. Thank u.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 21:05
  • 9x2U

we've been "copying" gun powder, compass, ice cream, pizza, spaghetti, accupuncture etc..etc from the chinese, so no big deal for korean to copy a little from apple...as long as consumers get a good deal.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 20:55
  • ibh3

so all you apple fan boys are trying so say that Samsung copied everything and apple didn't lol... you can whine cry n talk all you want you must realise u won't get any far... apple will be history in a few years there is competition from all sides they don't or think in a broader prospective and do business even Google is entered the competition rough road ahead for apple on the other hand Samsung sees no compitition they are only here to serve ppl and make them happy..... there is no new innovation from apple side they are just pushing with the brand name features are most certainly outdated

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 20:28
  • KFNn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 17:32 from IVW} - click to read"If you don't like what you are reading/seeing just go somewhere else" - why someone should do that when you didn't follow your own advise?...yeah, really smart:)

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 19:16
  • mjPY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 09:47 from mjPY - click to readam guessing u mean apple when you talked about spending large amount of money on research mind you every major company spend large amount of money on research including samsung, and eventually they all end up copying each other. So Samsung been called a copycat is not bcos they are the only one rather it's bcos there product are having more success now

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 18:23
  • f0ED

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 09:47 from mjPY - click to readEveryone copy everyone. If you don't like what you are reading/seeing just go somewhere else. Don't act like a smart guy.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 17:32
  • IVW}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 09:47 from mjPY - click to readEveryone copies, not saying its right but everyone does it. even Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 13:43
  • DVqg

> In reply to kirk @ 2012-12-28 06:31 from 9xBW - click to readnow that's real fanboism..."what's wrong with copying?" - nothing, because when you invest large amounts of money in research and other one steals your results and makes pretty good money from that it's ok with you, at least you would be happy:), but you don't have to stop here, why can't you get free food? free cars? free houses?not just movies and music:)...now please go download your bieber free mp3s and free soap operas because you clearly live in another world...

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 09:47
  • mjPY

Samsung is clever in doing business

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 07:50
  • K6uc

it is not only samsung smartphones that they were shipping next year but also samsung smart tv, i went to mall last night and 2 sony showrooms were replaced by samsung

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 07:02
  • g8X9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-27 10:12 from mjPY - click to readwhat's wrong with copying? don't we copy most of what we know? hypocrites. you say copying is bad when it's a convenience to you. anybody who says samsung is a copycat, stop downloading torrents and free mp3s.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 06:31
  • 9xBW

haters go play your ataris and stop trolling here. or try playing world of tanks or something. all your "facts", right or wrong are pathetic. you are already winners when you chose your devices. get a hobby. live a life.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 06:18
  • 9xBW

I agree samsung makes d best. But they are into bad habit of overpricing just like apple. Yall know that nokia lost because of this habit and now learned frm their mistakes and are coming up with good reasonable devices while samsungs moving away from this point. Example compare price of L620 n gs3mini with specs. So samsung dont think people will still buy your things even u turn stubborn like "aluminium phone makers". I still luv my s3 :-)

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 06:15
  • uvwb

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.