News - Reader comments

Amazon cuts prices on 8X and Lumia 920 even further

28 December, 2012 | Read the news | Post your comment
Amazon cuts prices on 8X and Lumia 920 even further - read the full textAmazon has gotten pretty aggressive with the price cuts for Windows Phone 8 handsets. About a month ago, they cut the price of two WP8 flagships, the Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC Windows Phone 8X, and now they've cut them again. The Nokia Lumia 920 is now $40 with a two-year contract from AT&T (used...

 

Sort by:

Not a surprise, these are probably not selling as we'll as MS would like us to believe, such a shame.
Then again, why buy either of these when you have the juggernauts: Galaxy S3, iPhone5 and Galaxy Note2 to choose from :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:50
  • fqn2

> In reply to Inger @ 2012-12-28 13:27 from 3src - click to readthats BS.
WP8 is doing great.
i remember people saying android will never succeed. yeah right.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:47
  • 0@wI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-28 14:41 from mjPY - click to readwhich one ?? sony and nokia now both are suing apple for infriging
their patents in a company where there is a joint between them about media patents but nothing else! Google will keep motorola's patents for use if nokia will continue their fakes and lies and their offensive attitude like the one when announcing the new nokia lumias : we are eating jellybean this night and the most innovative os ever and their advertisement about live tiles as if there is no widgets in android which are far better an microsoft keep on telling that google are only ads but offering good ads with amazing free services is far better than them!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:46
  • MDVw

> In reply to Jeanandroidfan @ 2012-12-28 14:27 from MDVw - click to read"But google and sony and motorola did never sued anybody" - yes they sued:) and allmost all your facts are false, but everybody is free to believe whatever he or she wants:)...don't bother to ask for proofs, you may search for them if you like

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:41
  • mjPY

> In reply to TheAgent @ 2012-12-28 14:35 from a0kc - click to readIf nokia's contracts with carriers kept its high prices carriers can't do anything! But nokia cannot keep its high prices and carriers are not satisfied with nokia lumia's sales!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:40
  • MDVw

> In reply to [deleted post]What can you say to someone who doesn't understand Amazon has "aggressive pricing" not Nokia?

If you want to get the phone unlocked, you should pay the same high price that you always paid. Carriers decide how much discount they are willing to offer to users who get their 2 year contracts.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:35
  • a0kc

another WP topic trashed by insecure fandroids...girls if you like expensive phones, nobody's stopping you from buying other alternatives because it'll give you so much more happiness and self confidence that you are much better than others, not to mention you get real inovation and freedom(for more bucks:))...yeah, pls go on

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:32
  • mjPY

> In reply to [deleted post]oh yeah by the way they use the same polycarbonate as nokia! lol! you are making me laugh so much , the design of the s3 and note 2 and the new nature ui are unique and with no body yet and by the way do you know from where did apple stole the notifications bar ?? From Android! ah yeah useless also because of multiscreen multitasking and full hd and video screen shots while your wp cannot even reach full hd before wp9 which won't be available for all wp8 phones and you cannot root wp8 because you are in jail with them!the most innovative and well built and strong phones are from Sony , floating screen, glove mode ( in sola before lumia) , exmor rs for low light sensor ( which nokia did not at all included in its fakes before because they know what it can do! and 13 mp cameras ( while wp8 cannot go higher then 8mp! and bravia engine screens and sensor on lens technology of screens which nokia had stolen with its sensitive technology for nokia lumia!But google and sony and motorola did never sued anybody because they are not bad like you and your beloved companies! and also to let you remember apple only won one lawsuit and then lost all others

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:27
  • MDVw

> In reply to Jeanandroidfan @ 2012-12-28 13:35 from MDVw - click to readSounds like you don't own wp8, you just like to bash MS like many people, np customization ,you are kidding. No multitasking, are you on med

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:27
  • 7yZt

In iran $2500
Lumia 920

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:22
  • HFhe

> In reply to [deleted post]lol yeah nokia is advertising on fb pages that they can now chnage lockscreen with wp8 and they can take screenshots while android now has multiscreen multitasking an video screen shots! and freedom is enough also on android!and about lags it is in your dreams , my live with walkman on android 4.0.4 is awesome and never lags and jellybean is the most smooth os ever! ( gsmarena said in all reviews jellybean is equivalent in smoothness to wp8 and apple ios!) nobody will switch Microsoft salesmen, MS is the biggest troll ever! Google thanks for standing for freedom , reasonability and innovation!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:19
  • MDVw

> In reply to [deleted post]You are wrong mate,WP is now on the rise since WP8 came put and Nokia shares rose too. Iphone has been the same boring design and OS for years now same old crap. Nokia phones built to last and are not ugly

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:12
  • 39D@

Awesome! The best phones with the best OS is available for even more people. :D

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:11
  • mvDI

> In reply to [deleted post]SGS3 was at $700 when launched in my country 6 months ago, 4 months later it dropped to $530, price without contract.
Even SGN2 experienced price drop after 1 month.
The only phone that hold on to it's price is iPhone, until a newer version is available.
Fandroid better look their mirror before start exacting on other.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:05
  • vV5G

> In reply to [deleted post]oh please

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 14:04
  • Hx7j

> In reply to [deleted post]It must be really scary for you, isn't it? Reading about how a great platform got 75,000 new "appzzz and gamezzzz" this year, and great quality Windows phones getting more and more affordable!

What am I saying? You are a bot, you don't have feelings.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 13:57
  • a0kc

> In reply to [deleted post]Cheap build quality huh??? Try Hammering a nail with a GalaxyS3 so you would know what is cheap.. :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 13:44
  • IwnH

I Wonder why droid guys always says Wp8 is dying?? if Wp8 is dying, why do you bother posting same-old-crap here?? Thus makes me think that those posting here nonsense-words are threatened by Wp8.. :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 13:42
  • IwnH

> In reply to droopy @ 2012-12-28 13:18 from KjZW - click to readbad ui design . less customization , no true multitasking , very closed locked os with no jailbreaks , very poor marketplace and all numbers by microsoft are fakes , very high prices with the contract free offers!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 13:35
  • MDVw

Wp is dying.... sells nothing.

ms is real desperate...

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-28 13:27
  • 3src

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.