News - Reader comments

Apple to replace Samsung with TSMC for the A6X chips

02 January, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple to replace Samsung with TSMC for the A6X chips - read the full textWe got new reports of Apple working towards breaking the ties with Samsung. The company is reportedly moving the production of quad-core A6X chips out of Samsung's factories. It's no secret the Korean company has been doing lots of manufacturing work for Apple, but the fierce patent war the two...

 

Sort by:

Lets just see the outcome. The question is will TSMC make better chips or worst.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:56
  • PSkV

This could be bad news for the next iphone. I trust samsung's ability to make chips for apple.. hopefully it does not fail like the map app issue.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:23
  • vjsf

> In reply to Striker @ 2013-01-02 14:28 from 0EVJ - click to readYou are right! Sammy produces just phone components! And not OTHER ELECTRONIC machines, NAVAL STUFF AND THINGS THAT I could not even imagine! You brain damaged! People buy Sammy even if they are "plastic" made! What if they will build devices with slightly better material, unibody design,... Do not understand you all haters!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:21
  • JJtn

> In reply to Jake Peterson @ 2013-01-02 15:51 from 3sEw - click to readIf my car can take me places your car can't even dream of, at speeds that make your car go "wtf?" while costing less, having a bigger booth and getting better mileage, I don't care if it's made of bat feces because it's a better car than yours.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:18
  • 3qEm

Samsung had making phone longer than Apple, and you say plastic is crap. And what do you like about aluminium thing? For bragging? Shame you, noobish. You never know how phone is originally made for.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:15
  • tDEL

> In reply to rt324 @ 2013-01-02 15:12 from ajVe - click to readand by the way plastic not environmental friendly...

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:08
  • HBA8

20nm product process? Krait is 28, exynos old 32nm on cortex a9!a15?
If they will be able to do what they say... This is a good thing for apple... I WAIT S4 AND NOTE 3! NOTE 2 IS ALMOST PERFECT WITH EXYNOS 32NM!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:07
  • JJtn

I think your post applies to you... you relly dont know whats the meaning of performance... I like my iphone because its simple thats it...

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 16:06
  • HBA8

> In reply to rt324 @ 2013-01-02 15:12 from ajVe - click to readSo I'm guessing you would pick a car made of iron over one made of carbon fibre or aluminium?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:51
  • 3sEw

I wonder if this company make the progies for HTC, do you think so?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:48
  • wr68

> In reply to droopy @ 2013-01-02 15:38 from KjZ@ - click to readShipping is different from selling. If it turns out that only few will buy samsung then it will be a huge drawback. If we base it on their design, my guest will be as good as yours.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:48
  • v0qJ

> In reply to rt324 @ 2013-01-02 15:12 from ajVe - click to readthe fact that all of us can't use plastic samsung like you does not mean that we are foolish and we have not assessed the ios and android os to know which is better

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:47
  • N7Dq

> In reply to rt324 @ 2013-01-02 15:12 from ajVe - click to readI agree so much with this. Don't judge the book by its cover.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:40
  • tDEL

Samsung will produced 510 millions mobile smartphones, and iphone maybe 20 millions. It is not a good business for TSMC which is a china company with low quality and standards. Also readapt the whole phone to use this chip will take 2 years for apple. Samsung is the KING, for next 5 years.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:38
  • KjZ@

> In reply to The Fiend @ 2013-01-02 13:05 from tUcQ - click to readThey have to take t he risk or else loose the opportunity. That's how business work my friend.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:32
  • v0qJ

Well, I don't know if this is for better or for worse. Well see it on the next release. :P

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:32
  • t7Xk

oh wow should be a £10 to make a iphone 6. with a million % profit. but they still be cheap chinese junk at rolls royce prices.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:24
  • mqMt

people that say that samsung phones are bad because they are made of plastic are very limited, it's like saying a car is bad because it's made of iron. It's a phone it's supposed to be made of plastic. Clearly you people do not care for the performance and the features of the phone, you are only into them because they look shiny to you, go buy jewelry if you like shiny stuff that much. you know nothing about phones. No one that really knows stuff and wants a phone for what it can do will ever buy a iphone, because of all it's restrictions, android is so customizable you can do whatever you want with it. You have more options , hundreds of phones from where to chose, companies strugling to offer the best for the best price, and iphone? nothing a shiny phone for limited people, with simple menu and all kinds of restrictions so you won't break it. just the fact that most of the people buy it because it's shiny and there's nothing wrong with that, but buying it because of this and then saying it's better than other phones proves how limited you people are

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:12
  • ajVe

> In reply to kiozera @ 2013-01-02 13:08 from PSkV - click to readTaiwan, most probably

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:12
  • m{CA

Samsung semi conductors are made in USA, this will mean even less American know-how in apple products.

I guess Intel was not interested in working with Apple on this one then, too bad since Intel has the best process.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 15:08
  • vaNH

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.