News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S IV to launch in May, says Samsung Lebanon

04 January, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy S IV to launch in May, says Samsung Lebanon - read the full textSamsung's Galaxy S line of flagships traditionally launches in Q2 - the original launched in June, the sequel in April and the Galaxy S III in May. What about the S IV? A post on Samsung Lebanon's Facebook account points to May for the Samsung Galaxy S IV launch date. While we know better than...

 

Sort by:

Samsung lebanon said nothing like that they just talked about the rumors saying S IV will launch in april

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 15:40
  • HHHH

> In reply to Login with Google @ 2013-01-04 13:42 from K7gQ - click to readMaybe Samsung will also stretch the rules of Physics (rendering them into mere guidelines)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4IRsCjMqdI

That's by far the dumbest, worst thought and more intellectually offensive Apple ad I have ever seen in my life (and that's a lot to say). They treat their user base as stupid people. I wonder why.

(No, I really don't, hehe)

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 15:27
  • N9xA

I hope,S IV will cm with a Gorrila Glass at back side whch will prevent it frm wear & scratches..also sm simple desiging wud mk the handset attaractive...S 3 evn was very typicl in desgning..

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 15:21
  • fpx1

Please!

No more Ovel-shaped phones for Galaxy (Even) Series! We've seen The Galaxy S & Galaxy S III as like that but take a look at the Galaxy S II, damn! Now that's what I call 'designed for life'! I'm looking forward to a much wider, at least 4.7 inch 'S II-shaped' smartphone from Samsung this time. I've been keeping my thirst for a device for so long. Samsung already bored me with S III, which us why I shifted to One X.

Looking forward to S iv!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 15:15
  • K604

I wonder if Samsung would consider making the phone with the durable material they used on the series 9 ultrabooks..... couple that with a Wave3 sliding back and I think that would be a winner. I love the idea of the plastic screen, that would make it shatter-proof and that would be simply awesome. We can only dream though because companies don't make anything to last these days because they have to make money on repairs. I take good care of my phones and try my best not to drop them but would be awesome not to worry about it fallin. My galaxy s3 has some of the painting scraping off the bezel around the screen and minor scrathes on the back cover. The screen however, is in pristine condition without a single scratch.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 15:10
  • Rf7y

please...please...please..no more micro sim..

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 15:09
  • wrYN

I think they will remove the home button to compensate for the large screen and to enter the button less android trend.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 14:30
  • 3iJC

Yawn
Dont you just love the "get sucked in" marketing ploys such as from Samsung.
In fact I have grudging respect for their world class marketing and hardware expertise.
They are the best at what they do - sure a different business model, but still makes Apple's market look tame.
They have fantastic ability to induce people to buy a hardware gain, without the commensurate software gains.
Whilst Samsung are delivering, Android is not, and its inefficiency is being disguised by hardware horsepower.
Please, new and better os's for such great hardware.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 14:23
  • y$gV

> In reply to Yuuup @ 2013-01-04 14:05 from S3Kg - click to readtake a short breathe hhuuuuuuuhhh...ok now, troll again

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 14:10
  • mjPY

> In reply to Amber mushtaq @ 2013-01-04 13:30 from KgfW - click to readTell your source and we believe you.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 14:06
  • 0Uu8

Awsome news thats another nail in the dreadful windows coffin.So long nokia jump before the all singing and dancing king of smartphones comes back to deatroy whats left of windows tiny fanbase.You have been warned jump now while you can

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 14:05
  • S3Kg

fake news because samsung lebanon didn't know anything about s4

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 13:42
  • MDVw

> In reply to sam sings @ 2013-01-04 12:55 from 9xea - click to readA 5 incher and smaller than s3?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 13:42
  • K7gQ

Amoled? No thanks.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 13:32
  • th9T

Samsung Lebanon denied the this news, They just speculated the release date. they know nothing, They just said Galaxy S4 may not be released may.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 13:30
  • KgfW

> In reply to Paul @ 2013-01-04 11:01 from mqr0 - click to readHow can you say that? Lumia 920 "The Bezelbub" is much bigger than GS3 and Xperia ZL, yet it has a smaller display, and then i mean much smaller. Doesnt the size of the phone count at all? You only want to look at display size?

By the way, nothing wrong with size of Note 2, i think i aa ready for a 6 inch phone, but it must be on-screen buttons then, so the bottom bezel can be made smaller, or else it will be a bit long maybe.

And finally, the problem is that some people are late in embracing new ways, maybe you also sir Paul, what did you say back in May 2012 when GS3 came out? Lots of people said it is way too big, but now they say its "ok size but must not get bigger now". Im confident that you and others who dont like 5 inch phones as of today will change your minds and say "5 inch is good but should not get bigger now".

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 13:21
  • Kg{J

> In reply to [deleted post]Oh...so... I think u will buy it,if it is made of Zirconium?!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 13:20
  • mDcG

With s3's sudden death issue, sprang s4. Any idea when will s5 get released, so we can predict the endurance of s4?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 13:17
  • mDcG

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.