News - Reader comments

Microsoft sold 5 times more phones this Christmas season

08 January, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Microsoft sold 5 times more phones this Christmas season - read the full textWith Microsoft being a major Qualcomm partner, last night Steve Ballmer dropped by Qualcomm's press conference and shared on stage that Windows Phones are enjoying increasing popularity. Of course, he didn't mention any specific numbers, but what he did say is in November 2012 they've sold 4...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Duel @ 2013-01-09 19:20 from p771 - click to readso you know what the meaning of "no official numbers" means? you're claiming that your numbers are from a reputable site, yet the site you're using is using approximate percentages based on last year's sales!

so how about you stop waisting your time posting numbers and claiming what was or what wsn't flop! im not the one bashing and trolling.. im telling you to get a life because the sales are doing fine and its not in your handss or mine.

and if you look at the wikipedia article, it states 2.5 million pre-orders.. thats why gsm arena states "may have" because until they are actually sold, they can't claim that they WERE sold. gsm is trying to unbiased unlike you....

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:28
  • Mfxa

> In reply to - SiTdOwN - @ 2013-01-09 19:11 from Mfxa - click to readDo you know what the word MAY HAVE means? Or do you know what the word SHIPPED means? You should think about that.

That 2.5 million hasnt confirmed by no-one, its only old speculation.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:20
  • p771

> In reply to - SiTdOwN - @ 2013-01-09 19:11 from Mfxa - click to read"Nokia Lumia 920 MAY have reached 2.5M"

Also again shipped devices.

No its not old, those pics came yesterday http://blog.adduplex.com/2013/...ary.html?m=1

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:15
  • p771

> In reply to Duel @ 2013-01-09 19:08 from p771 - click to readnokia poweruser is NOT a nokia SITE!!!! you're using facts from unoffical sites!

look at the GSM arena article on nov. 23!!!

http://www.gsmarena.com/the_lu...ews-5117.php

that was before christmas! clearly the site you're using isn't upto date and has no real facts. if you hate the lumia 920,. then go away. why are you here? tell me why you're researching the lumia sales? why does it bother you.. ddo you feel threatened? are you some sort of sales advisor that you need to research this? or is it cause you're just lonely and have nothing better to do!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:11
  • Mfxa

> In reply to - SiTdOwN - @ 2013-01-09 19:06 from Mfxa - click to readhttp://nokiapoweruser.com/2013...han-50-days/

Also what you said about pre-orders it has never confirmed, also its very likely shipped numbers. Well i didnt say that, i think those guys know what they are talking about in nokiapoweruser site.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:08
  • p771

dont show that unreputably site!
you want real facts show me the nokia site like you claim! nokia hasn't released any confirmed numbers! you're a liar and a troll!

look at widipedia! look at the finacial post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N...ia_920#Sales

"On November 23, it was reported that the device has had 2.5 million pre-orders around the world in just three weeks of availability"

you're not a messenger.. you're a lying troll! who makes up facts! go away you troll!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:06
  • Mfxa

> In reply to Killer Droid @ 2013-01-09 18:16 from qasT - click to readDont count your chicken before it hatches!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:05
  • nsw0

> In reply to [deleted post]Dont shoot the messenger http://lh6.ggpht.com/-dhPaHvgE...g?imgmax=800

Good thing for nokia is they sold most of the wp phones, bad news is biggest share are for those cheapest devices.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 19:00
  • p771

> In reply to [deleted post]I got them from nokia site, from the news/research written today and no those are newest numbers.

Sorry if its bad news for you, i cant do anything about that.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 18:54
  • p771

> In reply to Killer Droid @ 2013-01-09 18:16 from qasT - click to readYes it totally failed, this might be end of nokia, others sells so much more.

Htc is already in big trouble showing very very q results

End of month nokia is doing same.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 18:50
  • p771

> In reply to Duel @ 2013-01-09 18:07 from p771 - click to readWoW what a flop. WP fail again!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 18:16
  • qasT

"So, seems that 750000 Lumia 920 may have been sold in USA"

"2.5m Lumia 920 sold worldwide,"

Huge flop!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 18:07
  • p771

> In reply to pankomputerek @ 2013-01-09 17:54 from 0FHD - click to readExactly!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 18:02
  • qasT

lol, steve making the "watch out, we got a a bada** over here" meme!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 18:00
  • 8$%@

That's because they sold such a low number last year that now it seems that they sold so many.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 17:54
  • 0FHD

> In reply to rebel @ 2013-01-08 16:16 from n9$$ - click to readMy name is "no one", I have mine and I don't is junk. I like it actually. WP haters.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 17:46
  • LwRx

> In reply to ObserverPh @ 2013-01-09 17:30 from P@1G - click to readYes you right with that ;)!!! But only 2% think that WP is cool that's the difference.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 17:31
  • QGtq

Lets just agree. .You use Android, I use Wp8. .lol. .some may say Wp is ugly, some will say Android is ugly. .its just the preference. .everyone is entitled for his own opinion. Am i right killer droid? :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 17:30
  • P@1G

> In reply to ObserverPh @ 2013-01-09 17:25 from P@1G - click to readIt's your word Vs Info that i find on the net. I think am going to stick with the net. I can also say that my school only use linux. It's my word not fact this is not a good argument. I can not take this for prof

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 17:29
  • QGtq

> In reply to Killer Droid @ 2013-01-09 17:18 from QGtq - click to readI wish i could. .but i'm only using my tough, ever reliable, full of scratch, multiple times droped nokia dumbphone. But i can assure you, business here uses WinXP even Large banks here still uses that rather than Win7. Universities differs, rich ones uses Macs here. :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-09 17:25
  • P@1G

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.