News - Reader comments

Nokia beats expectations, sells 4.4 million Lumias in Q4

10 January, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia beats expectations, sells 4.4 million Lumias in Q4 - read the full textNokia released a preliminary report on its performance in Q4 2012 and things are starting to look up. Nokia beat expectations with the non-IFRS operating margin expected to be between breakeven and 2%, while expectations were for negative 2-10%. Nokia's Devices & Services department is reporting...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to [deleted post]lollll...Check out the WP8 HD games too. By the way, your argument is still childish. Which games utilize Quad core now? Please enlighten us! Oh you belong to a pack, which had a dual core, When ginger bread used 1 core and now a quad core, when still most of the games use single core and dual core ?! Jack the ripper... i would rather call your arguments a cropper !

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 07:44
  • nsiS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-11 07:04 from PGXj - click to readAndroid is too buggy after using Android for 2 years. Flashing custom roms, tweaking all the time, and themes. Was never happy with Android. It's a mess. WP8 and iOS are much more reliable than Android.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 07:39
  • kg3U

Go to the Source link, Look at the "Forward-Looking Statements" below the report.
The disclaimer is quite flustered "It should be noted that certain statements herein that are not historical facts are forward-looking stateme....."

It's like the Shrek movie where Prince Charming ask Pinocchio.

Following is the movie quote:
Prince Charming:- You. You canít lie, so tell me puppet, where is Shrek?

Pinocchio:- Uh, hmm, well, uh, I donít know where heís not.

Prince Charming:- Your telling me, you donít know where Shrek is?

Pinocchio:- It wouldnít be inaccurate to assume that I couldnít exactly not say that it is or isnít almost partially incorrect.

Prince Charming:- So you do know where he is?

Pinocchio:- On the contrary. Iím possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably (Prince Charming tells him ďStop itĒ) do or do not know where he shouldnít probably be, if that indeed wasnít where he isnít. Even if he wasnít at where I knew he was (I was unable to distinguish the rest of that sentence, due to the pigs and the Gingerbread man singing).

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 07:17
  • Bgdq

> In reply to jbpianist28 @ 2013-01-11 06:53 from 2CEK - click to readYes WP8 is awesome..

As for people who say WP8 does not do multitasking is terribly wrong!

WP8 multi-tasking can be seen with audio playback .. location .. and the awesome task switcher etc. because windows 8 is smart.. they filter what make sense to have multi-tasking.. wats not.

But android is lazy .. everything is multitasking .. drain all ram and battery ... services everywhere .. tweaking day and nite non stop..worse of all .. we cant control it.. other then uninstall!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 07:04
  • PGXj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-11 01:41 from kg3U - click to readI was skeptical about going to the nokia lumia 920... but glad I did... i absolutely love the phone, its the best smartphone ive ever owned....

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 06:53
  • 2CEK

> In reply to [deleted post]Yes u can deny all you want.. saying cpu/gpu is needed for hd games.. video recording .. etc etc.

But the fact still remains! Android lags on dual core worse then any OS!! .. King of lag.. must rely on quad core octa core to work properly!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 06:47
  • PGXj

> In reply to yk @ 2013-01-11 03:35 from Qxpq - click to readstrange... so does mine

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 06:47
  • 2CEK

if asha didnt have an os, it would be blank....

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 06:43
  • 2CEK

(note that Nokia is counting its Asha full touch phones as smarthpones)
They are fooling themselves.
Asha doesn't have OS! how its a smartphone?
Nokia should be called the faker they are known in manipulating and faking to their own fans, people still didn't forget about their fake samples and now they reported fake reports. Well done Nokia.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 06:32
  • fq6A

Nokia, please build more Symbians to your low end phones. rather than stupid Ashas, Symbian is also can be considered as a feature phone nowadays, because it's not so smart compared to smartphone nowadays.
You still have the Symbian Belle sourcecode right, nokia? You better to port it to low end phones, rather than developing a new bad OS in asha.
And also, one of the biggest and very big drawback of Asha is no brightness control. The screen is too bright, even for a young person like me.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 04:36
  • Kiu%

> In reply to droopy @ 2013-01-11 00:25 from KjW% - click to readNeed octa core to beat dual core?..

Shame of android, king of lag .. need octa core and 4k battery just to keep in the race.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 04:32
  • PGXj

> In reply to Freefaller @ 2013-01-11 00:32 from 3G54 - click to readGood riddance.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 04:06
  • vLyx

> In reply to droopy @ 2013-01-11 00:25 from KjW% - click to read1. lol so you compare phone which is yet to be anounced (s4) and lumia 920. Did they tell u that they will improve their batteries? If quad core can last 6hrs i wonder how 8 cores will drain that battery.

2. Fake fake fake ads so what? When lumia 920 was released many people try to recapture same ads like that one faked by nokia but the result was good as that ads ios is awesome.

3. Then u said nokia they fake report? Do you remember that post about nokia factories? Nokia can produce only 2 millions lumia per month in all of its factories and windows phone 8 nokia start to sell november while wp7.5 start since october, do simple calculation u will see those number are true and thats why there is no stock of lumia many of them are sold out.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 03:42
  • fuDg

> In reply to [deleted post]Hahahaha.. That's not an official.. I don't know who is the stupid one? Hahaha

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 03:41
  • Qxpq

> In reply to [deleted post]Strange.. My wp8 has many apps and games

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 03:35
  • Qxpq

funny how people are complaining about closed system.It took apple to the top.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 03:31
  • vuZ5

well, good for them, at least that will contribute to them not falling down, competition is always good for us consumers anyways.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 03:16
  • vpcS

> In reply to [deleted post]My S3 cant install apps or games else it cannot last 1 day because battery drain ... HELP!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 03:10
  • PGXj

They are retaining users from the old n8/n9 + candybar phones who trusted in their brand.

I do not think people give much thought about the WP8 system.. But they are happy given WP8 looks better and faster then the n8/9 interface.

Great news for nokia, hope they release a L820 type with bigger battery with the sd slot and fm radio.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 02:50
  • PGXj

> In reply to droopy @ 2013-01-11 00:25 from KjW% - click to readYeah, I just waiting S4 , it'll gonna fly that phone ,i'll never gonna buy a tiket plane ......

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-11 02:41
  • 0Br4

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.