News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S series shipments surpass 100 million

14 January, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy S series shipments surpass 100 million - read the full textIt's no secret that Samsung's Galaxy S series of smartphones has been a game changer, for the company as well as for Android smartphones in general. Now the series has reached a new landmark, with the total worldwide shipments exceeding 100 million units since the first Galaxy S device shipped two...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Abdul9 @ 2013-01-15 08:03 from nb%d - click to readWell you like to wear glove while using your phone is ok. I don't. So it doesn't apply to me.

I don't see any different in terms of video and photo quality between lumia and S3. No matter how good lumia at night photos, without xenon flash, it is still useless.

Well good to know that you don't need a casing for your already bulky lumia phone. S3 still look nice with casing on. Still look thinner.

Lumia have free nokia map and voice navigation, S3 also have free google map with voice navigation too. So what's special?

Price wise, S3 is much cheaper when lumia 920 finaly launches in my country.

The price i paid for S3 is definitely more than a faster CPU and much better display and graphics card.
The user experience is priceless.

I use to love Nokia when they stick to Symbian. Those smart camera phone with Xenon flash were awesome.
But now, windows phone is just not really up to par yet.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 09:38
  • wiXc

Samsung engineering team overcomes the lagginess of Android by putting more CPU power on the phone and putting a bigger battery to overcome battery issues. While Apple engineers overcomes lagginess and battery issues with optimisation of the hardwares and iOS. Hmm I wonder who is the smarter and better one here?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 09:35
  • tZja

This is hilariously pathetic of an achievement. Noticed how it said 100 million "shipped", not 100 million sold? Hardly anything to celebrate about.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 09:25
  • tZja

apple fan boys are now whining...lol

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 08:21
  • wYBK

> In reply to nasznjoka2 @ 2013-01-14 17:47 from fuZU - click to readSpecks? Is it the fact that i can use my lumia 920 with gloves on or the fact that i can make better video and night photos or the fact that i am not forced to use a case with my phone cos i know my phone can survive a lot more than many phones out there or the fact that i have world wide navigation and exclusive nokia apps.... I could go on and on. Anyone here who isn't blind enough to see knows that anyone buying a nokia phone gets more than all other phones out of the box. I bought my lumia 920 for 600 euro and a sgs3 costs like 500 euros now but was more than 600 euros when it came out so whats my point? My point is if i were to buy a worldwide offline navigation solution, the price i would pay for it would exceed my lumia 920. If what you mean about specs is limited to the quadcore cpu, ram size and display size then good luck, you are naiver than i thought.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 08:03
  • nb%d

Congrets sammy...u r no.1 cmpny for mobile world..
My nxt device is samsung galaxy s4..& i m eagrly
Waiting this..
Plz sammy launch galaxy s4 very early

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 07:16
  • U@0t

I've done my part. Convinced 5 of my family members to get rid of the archaic iPhone and get Galaxy S III. So far they're all happy.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 05:19
  • 4bF2
  • Rodriguez La Plache
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Abdul9 @ 2013-01-14 13:47 from nb%d - click to readAbdul9 I have been following your conversation and even though I do agree to a point with your argument, I can't say that I am on the same exact page. Nokia is known for making good phones as they were the leader in 2012. However, times are changing and they are changing fast. Android made its debut in 2008 and 4 years down the line has established itself as the most popular OS in the world. So saying that Android phone require a quad core processor to work is total nonsense because only the flagship get given that prerogative and not every phone in their line.

I've got the S2 and S3 both on Jelly Bean 4.2 update and they both run fine. Another point about the build quality, actually a question regarding the build quality. Do you buy Smartphone with the intention of using them as a soccer ball and drop kick them the first chance you get to just see what happens?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 05:10
  • rvPr
  • Rodriguez La Plache
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to gilbs @ 2013-01-14 13:28 from v0qu - click to readCouldn't agree with you more gilbs. I think that the majority of them stumbled on this specific page by mistake, others suffer from Alzheimer and the remaining bunch is delusional. I mean: "SAMSUNG GALAXY S SERIES SHIPMENTS SURPASS 100 MILLION". Worldwide! Not in any specific country.

Android market share are at a record high at 75%, once again, worldwide!!! Some Nokia fan-boy mentioned 4.4 million sales of Nokia Lumia... How relevant is that. Usually when someone makes a comparison such as that one is to make their argument valid. What was his point? To show how much of a failure the Lumia line was?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 04:58
  • rvPr

That's my company, i only wish samsung could recognize the hard work ive put in to make the galaxy brand the most popular series of smartphones in my area, portmore Jamaica, keep up the great work sammy!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 03:45
  • j{qD

> In reply to Killer Droid @ 2013-01-14 16:54 from QGtq - click to readexactly, the specs of the phones now are all the same, what im eager for is the functionality of samsung's UI
Sammy maybe on the ave side for their design but hardware to software, they make sure of the packge

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 01:07
  • wHrS

> In reply to ollyb1 @ 2013-01-14 09:25 from LaTr - click to readOnly 3 phones. Not 32!

Original Galaxy S sold 24M units
Galaxy S II 40M Units
Galaxy S III 40M Units

Thats 104M total units of just Galaxy S phones.

Good job Samsung even though you copied rounded corners from us..

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 00:59
  • 4bF2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-14 23:06 from Rn6R - click to readprobably in USA...
Samsung si Korean, Apple is american.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 00:51
  • pkK{

> In reply to mithun9161 @ 2013-01-14 20:28 from rxh{ - click to readCan you link the installation process for that 4.1.2 update most i find seem to have camera not working or video

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 00:42
  • YPam

Very proud of samsung, they will continue to exceed in the mobile market

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 00:37
  • QGMH

> In reply to mithun9161 @ 2013-01-14 20:28 from rxh{ - click to readHow did you get 4.2.1 on your i9000? Can you please provide me a link to instructions on how to do this?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-15 00:22
  • PMsh

> In reply to Blankman @ 2013-01-14 19:39 from sXDc - click to readI agree I think that the competition is really after the Android crown. And when you look at Samsung's profits and sales this is a really profitable business for those who get it right.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 23:19
  • mXSf

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-14 17:23 from PV{w - click to read


apple has 75% of profit margins on smart phones.


end thread.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 23:06
  • Rn6R

> In reply to nasznjoka2 @ 2013-01-14 17:47 from fuZU - click to readSamsung S3 is the Best I don't care about build quality.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 22:31
  • 49xm

Is galaxy s4 is cming wd. Laser keyboard.dock......
M eagerly watin fr it....

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-14 21:27
  • bJ6{

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.