News - Reader comments

Windows Phone scores market share growth in the UK and Italy

22 January, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Windows Phone scores market share growth in the UK and Italy - read the full textA report from consumer research company Kantar Worldpanel ComTech shows that Windows Phone has gained a significant market share boost in Europe, specifically in Italy and the UK. In Italy alone, Microsoft’s mobile OS has scored a 13.9% market share for 2012, compared to 2.8% just a year...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to luisinhoens90 @ 2013-01-23 01:33 from LuNg - click to readAnd for the record too, there are already 2 giants platforms currently - iOS and Android. Do you think developers will have time for another one? With Ubuntu, and BB coming back, the competitions will be even much fiercer than before. Good luck with WP really....

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 03:13
  • QXPR

i would like to nokia android smartphones

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 03:10
  • rK35

> In reply to Julianaa @ 2013-01-22 23:57 from j}w8 - click to readI am convinced that when the novelty wears off in six months time, Windows phones, Nokia specifically, will be begging people to take their phones for free. I bought two windows phones, and regretted almost immediately. The OS is so unbelievably dull, you'd fall asleep on it. Buy, and regret the next day. Be warned.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 03:07
  • Kxvh

Seriously .. android is the worse mobile OS of the lot .. below WP8 or iOS or Symbian..

It cowardly hides behind specs and hardware... making phones obsolete in no time..

Even iphone 3gs or Lumia series is working smooth like butter .. but can you say the same for the samsung galaxy s1??

Why would i buy a phone when i know its gonna be shit in less then a year?? Im tired of android and its battery hog .. memory hog .. and etc etc "auto memory management crap" tweaking to no end...

Instead of fixing the core problems... they release 'patches' like proj butter (v-sync)..
useless eye candy ... while hardware makers like samsung put 3100 battery!! and bloat the phone to unseen sizes... omg.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 03:07
  • PGXj

Those are poor numbers nokia used to do better with symbiam, windows phone it sellinv worse than blackberry that havent release a new model in more than a tyear

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 02:41
  • PvYx

> In reply to Libyan.Guy @ 2013-01-23 01:15 from iLH{ - click to readios moving forward...in what parallel universe?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 01:54
  • TkBc

> In reply to Libyan.Guy @ 2013-01-23 01:15 from iLH{ - click to read"So if WP want to be popular it have to be creativity faster and wide open system"
Do you realize iOS is basically synonym of closed system?
Do you realize? WP is just 2 years old while both iOS and Android are almost 6 years old? WP has been catching up for its whole life, but it's just unfair to say it isn't worth giving it a try. I'm pretty sure it's the one that has seen the most improvements in the last couple years. It may be easy to swallow for some few people but being realistic it's a great achievement. Just for the record remember the very first days of Android and iOS...

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 01:33
  • LuNg

WP is poor os untill now , Personally i donnow how much developing gose with it , however what i knew that iOS is moving forward smartly and faster then WP dose , i mean already iOS " Has a Head Start " together with Android too , So if WP want to be popular it have to be creativity faster and wide open system .

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 01:15
  • iLH{

> In reply to TheAgent @ 2013-01-22 20:41 from JEiL - click to readrandom hard freezes without any app

gps signal lowest ever compared to my mini Galaxy Mini

Sound Quality of call was ok could have been better

battery life zero

camera freeze while taking videos

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 01:05
  • HKMr

> In reply to Julianaa @ 2013-01-22 23:57 from j}w8 - click to readI wouldn't buy a Nokia with Android. It's the most buggy OS out there. I have had at least 5 Android phones. Grew tired of it. Prefer WP8 and iOS.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 01:03
  • kg3U

the one and only problem that I dont want to go to wp is that I cant use applications as I want.
Nobody play HD game in mobile if anybody only foolish because if somebody do so then his\her battery hardly remain for 3-4 hrs. I personally want a smartphone in which I can use my applications in proper way. wp store has many application which are in android n ios, but they are not fully functional as they are in ios or android.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 00:22
  • mhR2

> In reply to Julianaa @ 2013-01-22 23:57 from j}w8 - click to readI agree you. Nokia was best company in mobile market. Nokia cant update themselves with the time and use their old Symbian os. symbian was very good when it came first but cant develop futher. window phone was dead from beginning and dead just before lumia 800.
Personally I love nokia but not windows because window dont have much application support and the application which r in window platform r not as functional as they r in ios or android.

I wish a nokia high end mobile running android. because nokia r best mobile and android has best application support..........

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 00:08
  • mhR2

I am still to see a WP8 phone outside of a shop... plenty of apple and android devices though.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-23 00:03
  • vuCa

I dont like Windows Phone.
It was almost dead unless Nokia adopted it.
The rise in the market share is happened because of Nokia.
I think that if Nokia would adopt Android, the Market share of Android would be more than 80%.

Most of who bought Windows Phone, they bought it because they love Nokia, which has the best hardware so far.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-22 23:57
  • j}w8

I am seeing major entries from renowned companies like EA and Gameloft. Windows phone store has started growing rapidly after WP8 release. After a year, all major android games shall also be available for WP8.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-22 23:31
  • y@We

Nokia Lumia 920 is the best phone in the world!

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-22 23:26
  • 0@bh

> In reply to Yuuup @ 2013-01-22 21:24 from 3a7C - click to readYou IMMEDIATELY discredited yourself by using the word "laggiest" to describe Windows Phone.
At least don't give away your inner troll so obviously.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-22 23:15
  • JEiL

Bunch of fandroids. . Hahahaha. . Why hate so much? Move on guys. . :D

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-22 22:32
  • P@1G

> In reply to Yuuup @ 2013-01-22 21:24 from 3a7C - click to readDude seriously, you can read the numbers..the stock is doing well...have a life first

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-22 21:44
  • Lbqr

> In reply to bubu @ 2013-01-22 21:30 from i5@v - click to readsell your phone...Lumia 920 way better then your sony..if ur talkin about games..then go buy ur self an xbox or playstation and move on with your life

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-22 21:43
  • Lbqr

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.