News - Reader comments

Sony Xperia ZL goes on sale in Oz, priced at $699

07 March, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Sony Xperia ZL goes on sale in Oz, priced at $699 - read the full textSony Xperia ZL, which is the non-water-resistant brother of the popular Sony Xperia Z, is now available in Australia. The smartphone has been listed by MobiCity, an online retailer and the device costs you $699 for the unlocked version. Sony Xperia ZL comes with a 5" Full HD...

 

Sort by:

Expansys is doing the same thing for $632.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 14:30
  • P%G@

Why this phone is so expensive??? I think Sony want to be reach in 1 day...Here in Rusia this phone cost $950, this is crazy price!!!! All material from this phone and work to build it cost no more then $300, and we must pay triple price....If people will not buy it, price will go down. Other thing is display, sony talking about bravia display, but this feature is available only when you see photos from your phone, when navigate on internet, colour are same as on simple LCD display, amoled is much better.
SONY, rethink about phone price. When will out S4, nobody will buy this phone....

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 14:22
  • swMI

hahahahahah i feel sorry for sony 699 for this crap.... rip sony

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 14:11
  • mD67

This phone will soon be forgotten!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 13:37
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to Tiger @ 2013-03-07 11:55 from SgvH - click to readFew months? And thats the truth according to you? You know nothing, that's the truth.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 13:35
  • v0qJ

You say 699$ is too much? in Europe it will be 699 (910$)

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 13:22
  • n%gI

> In reply to Tiger @ 2013-03-07 11:55 from SgvH - click to readwell that's your problem .. my iphone 4, ipad, nokia n9 still works well... only charging when i wanna sleep (2 years iphone 4) .. if the user smart then it's never be any problem

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 13:16
  • t@fH

> In reply to gargamel @ 2013-03-07 12:49 from S2KQ - click to readif you lives in indonesia, then nexus 4 around $550 because google not subsidized.and also i already try nexus 4... it's ugly..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 13:14
  • t@fH

My comment only applies to those using 'PAYG'
Those on a contract are not affected by this.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 13:06
  • SgvH

> In reply to NooB @ 2013-03-07 12:26 from vT4J - click to readAll batteries depreciate after a certain amount of charging because they don't hold a full charge after about six months usage.
Hope that explains the reason.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 13:02
  • SgvH

> In reply to frogtech @ 2013-03-07 12:29 from u7md - click to readYeah.
These guys - MobiCity - are grey importers.

New items with these guys normally drop $100 after the first week. They do well like that.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:59
  • XrYw

When the Nexus 4 is at $299-350 what is Sony thinking?? With Sony you get a 4.1 phone that probably will not be upgraded to 5.0 and for sure not to 5.1 or 6.0. waste of money

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:49
  • S2KQ

> In reply to SadFace @ 2013-03-07 12:04 from bExJ - click to readAnd that's pretty decent considering the retail price at a Samsung concept store cost RM1999.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:43
  • tVm}

Ehh guys, Mobicity is a parallel importer. Meaning they're not selling Australian stock and they're not selling at retail price (whatever that eventually end up as). They're selling at whatever they can get away with.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:43
  • w6p{

I love this phone but now I will stay loyal to my Z (typed from my Z :D)

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:36
  • pTiQ

> In reply to [deleted post]I was merely telling people the truth.
Obviously there are some who don't want to hear it..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:33
  • SgvH

$699 for Xperia ZL is extremely overpriced!
In fact it only worth $499.
Sorry Sony, you let us down again.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:29
  • u7md

The manufactures certainly aren't mug's they know what they're doing to make you part with your hard earnt dosh.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:29
  • SgvH

> In reply to Tiger @ 2013-03-07 11:55 from SgvH - click to readCan you please explain how a non replaceable battery equates to a phone needing replacing? sorry was thinking of getting the phone, but now you have put an element of doubt in my head..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:26
  • vT4J

Way too expensive... let me guess the xperia tab z is gonna cost us 999$

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-07 12:12
  • 2xvU

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.