News - Reader comments

Nokia joins Apple to secure injunction against Samsung

07 March, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia joins Apple to secure injunction against Samsung  - read the full textIn a surprising move, Nokia will be supporting its market rival Apple to secure injunctions on several Samsung's product. The Finnish manufacturer will remain the only alien company to support the Cupertino giant in its appeal. Nokia in its filling at the US Court of Appeals for the Federal...

 

Sort by:

Never liked Nokia phones. Those in favour of 920... guys, it's always good to have choices. Everyone loves options as in the end, ultimate beneficiary of all the tussles is the consumer. I too liked 920 but I couldn't agree more on the fact that after all the things aside... it's a big heavy brick. It's solid but it's brick. It's beautiful but not the most ( Xperia Z and HTC One are ) . Nokia is on low only because it has failed to change itself with time . It was making bricks , it is making bricks. No one should forget how much hoopla it had created at time on the Touch technology. It was on top only because people hadn't had much options that time. The time they got some, .thanks to Google, Samsung, HTC, they stopped caring about the mobile cum brick maker..Nothing but the sheer ignorance towards the technological changes and people needs has resulted the current miserable state that Nokia is in.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-10 10:39
  • fCV@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 23:47 from 4Er} - click to readYes, I'm familiar with the Prada phone. I asked you to prove that Apple stole it from LG. You didn't. Because you can't. Because they didn't.
There wasn't even a lawsuit, like some of you claim, so even LG knows they didn't.

And as for those who apparently don't see the difference between being inspired by someone else's idea and ripping entire finished products off, well I truly feel sorry for you...

Now I'm done trying to convince you guys to take the red pill...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-10 08:57
  • mvnJ

enough already! nobody wins with all this back and forth except the lawyers!
lawyers are making millions off of this nonsense.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-10 05:42
  • CxnL

classic case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-10 05:14
  • vwn{

every phone maker will use aspects from all other devices that are out to try and make a better device. half of the phones on the market have simalaritys to other devices/phones from other companys its just some of them arent as petty enought to sue the other for it except apple. ive used both apple and android both have their good points and flaws.
and i dont care personaly about either brand i use what works and does what i want and need. i currently use a iphone 5 as i got rid of my htc

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-10 05:13
  • 9DR3

> In reply to hig @ 2013-03-09 10:04 from YTJ% - click to readAre you from Pluto or something? Get a life TROLL! YTJ% is the name of the troll

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-10 00:16
  • L7eP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 20:36 from mvnJ - click to readIs a human nature. People copy somebody else ideas and improve it. So everybody could be called copycats.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 23:46
  • sgnt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 22:07 from mvnJ - click to readGoogle was indeed the inventor of notification bar and they had in fact already filed a patent on it since 2009.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 23:41
  • sgnt

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 21:24 from 4Er} - click to readFerrari didn't build the first car, did they copy Ford? And so on, and so on...

I'll give you the notification bar, though. Even though they have completely different functionality, they kind of look alike. But who knows, maybe Google wasn't first with a notification bar?

Regarding Xerox:
http://www.mac-history.net/com...d-xerox-parc

As for Prada, prove it!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 22:07
  • mvnJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 21:24 from 4Er} - click to readI, Anonymous, agree with Anonymous. HAHA. Both to an extent. They all copy. Period. Sammy and Apple are just biggest companies... . Apple is the greediest of all, though... And evil at the factories which is why I don't support them...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 21:43
  • 4Er}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 20:36 from mvnJ - click to readThey were not the first touch, not the first cloud, not the first voice assist. They stole notifaction bar. And yes they did take ideas from xerox and prada.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 21:24
  • 4Er}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 18:54 from 4Er} - click to readYeah sure, it's just a coincidence that Samsung designed their chargers, cables, boxes, promo pictures, adapters, computers, smart covers, remote controls and UI elements exactly like Apple. Sure...

It's probably also an honest mistake that they placed Apple icons in their own shop display.

All these things, together with ongoing lawsuits, paint a pretty clear picture. No matter how hard you try to deny it.

And now, how about some good, hard evidence of all this copying you fandroids keep accusing Apple of? Preferably something from the real world, and not some of the same old, already debunked, myths like LG Prada or Xerox.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 20:36
  • mvnJ

i am from Pakistan in here Nokia was like a monopolist but from last two years Samsung is growing rapidly and acquiring market share v fast and kicking out Nokia i think Nokia is taking its last breaths and looking for some help.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 20:20
  • 6P%b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 12:25 from mvnJ - click to readSome of those pics are intriguing... But most are trivial things: Copying black and white? Really? copying boxes and cables? Really? Take the dumb ones away and you only have like 2 or 3 legit pics... Old ones though...

And come on Apple, like you never copied anything? please, Jobs was king THEIF. Don't be hypocrites, or at the very least, DON'T SUE!!! Innovate for once!! Compete with class... At least Samsung is trying to innovate new ideas with fresh features...

And most of those listed features in the AD pic are available and better on the Samsung, so that was a big fail (ie: navigation). Samsung won the AD battle easily this time around.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 18:54
  • 4Er}

> In reply to Again @ 2013-03-09 15:04 from mbxV - click to readLol.. well said

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 18:43
  • rKjE

> In reply to hig @ 2013-03-09 10:04 from YTJ% - click to readReally, ever heard of SuperSensitive Touch, Purview Tech, Hardware OTS and not Software OIS like in Apple. You don't crap about Nokia, do you????

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 17:36
  • 2@d5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 12:25 from mvnJ - click to readpictures paint thousands of words. that was an awesome gallery =))

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 17:03
  • t7Xi

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-09 07:59 from CxnL - click to read... and became dirty buddies. HAHA! I like your post.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 16:28
  • 86wv

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.