News - Reader comments

Apple wins patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung in UK

08 March, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Apple wins patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung in UK - read the full textThe Apple vs. Samsung legal kerfuffle continues, with the latest round going in favor of Apple. According to a UK court, Apple was not found guilty of infringing upon three of Samsung's patents. Samsung had claimed in court that Apple was infringing upon three of its patents related to...

 

Sort by:

Apple pioneered the smart phones??? I give apple credit for iTunes and the ipod. They make really good phones but not the best where we start to treat apple like gods. Motorola will always be the FATHER of communications.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 03:28
  • YYgk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 21:23 from xbSQ - click to readI think this time around Apple paid the judges!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 03:24
  • YYgk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 20:54 from QYn6 - click to readactually Microsoft "pioneered" the smartphone and tablet. Apple made them better and Samsung even better :p

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 02:50
  • Kn{Y

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 16:47 from U{2U - click to readlol but true!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 02:42
  • Lh}5

The only person saying Apple invented the mouse is you. Who are you arguing with?

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 02:39
  • k85x

> In reply to Kaln0x @ 2013-03-09 01:37 from 8yUI - click to readYou're leaving out some key parts of that story. Yes, Xerox invented the mouse, GUI and ethernet. They were in a war with Canon at the time and were not interested in doing anything with the technology. They were just going to let it languish in obscurity. Steve Jobs allowed Xerox to invest $1 million (which was soon turned into a cool $17 mil once Apple went public) in Apple before their IPO if Xerox would allow him to tour their Palo Alto Research Center and look at the technology they were developing. Jobs had the foresight to actually do something with the technology, which, whether you want to believe it or not, is perhaps more important than inventing something that will never see the light of day. By the way, I didn't see anyone say that Jobs invented the mouse. That's an invention of your little mind.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 02:37
  • k85x

> In reply to iloveapple @ 2013-03-08 23:25 from s7C3 - click to readLet me repeat: 'Xerox invented the mouse'

Say it: 'Xerox invented the mouse'

Now what does that sentence mean? It means EXACTLY what it says!

Xerox invented the mouse...jobs stole the idea which is why I would presume you put 'bought' in quotes lol. I do not give him or even gates wrong because Xerox was sitting on a goldmine with shyt for brains. They invented and had the tech BEFORE ANYONE ELSE but had no real cause to use it for themselves, not to mention the corporate strangle the researchers and engineers had to put up with. But to label jobs as an inventor of anything, especially the PC and its components, is just biased and/or ignorance of facts.

Would you like to go on and claim jobs invented GUI too? How about touchscreen? The facts are here waiting for you anytime you're ready. xD

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 01:37
  • 8yUI

Go Apple!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 01:17
  • 6BB5

I own a Samsung galaxy S3 and office iPhone 4S which is almost 1.5 years old. i love my Samsung galaxy S3 but my iPhone 4 S is faster and is more reliable. I think it's not the Samsung's fault ... it's the Android that makes the phone slower when the applications are loaded. I hope the new Samsung processor resolves this.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 01:15
  • nGsP

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 20:54 from QYn6 - click to readWithout Samsung help Crapple can not release iphone in 2007, nuff said.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 00:53
  • xA1g

nice job, Apple. One day you will buy whole Samsung company with your treasure.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-09 00:00
  • mi7X

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 20:54 from QYn6 - click to readApple actually didnt do either of those things. They stole. U can say say the same about microsoft. All credit goes to Xerox

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 23:29
  • qFY%

> In reply to Kaln0x @ 2013-03-08 23:05 from 8yUS - click to readSteve jobs "bought" mouse from xerox, because he saw a great potential of using such technology.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 23:25
  • s7C3

A toss is not given

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 23:15
  • 39x{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 20:54 from QYn6 - click to readXerox invented the mouse, steve jobs went to one of their meetings and saw it and commercialized it in one of apple's early pcs. This bit of factual information alone either proves how vague your argument is or how biased minded you may be.

Want to dare try me so I can enlighten you with more facts? Be my guest. Also, its a bit ironic how a non apple liker such as myself knows more about the positives and negatives about the brand than a worshiper of the brand, say you for instance.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 23:05
  • 8yUS

What's wrong Samsung? You couldn't pay these judges enough? Or they just wouldn't take your tainted money?

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 21:23
  • xbSQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 20:54 from QYn6 - click to readWhat a pathetic comment...but well, they don't pioneer, they make it better ;)...eager to see the iWatch too, will they pioneer that too? Don't think so...eager to see in the near future where Apple will stand on the flexible screen smartphones "war" where samsung will be the pioneer, not the inventors but the pioneer ;)

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 21:18
  • n$4Z

LOL, apple pioneered the smart phone and tablet. Give them to them. They also pioneered the gui, and the "mouse"

What did Samsung pioneer? absoulutley nothing. 3g technology is not even there's. What a pathetic attempt.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 20:54
  • QYn6

I am currently using both of them..... If some one ask me to chose one of them I always go for the s2.... Yes I mean s2 not s3 :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 20:32
  • 2Cd9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-08 19:05 from 4Er} - click to readFunny how the rotten company is only ever accused of arrogance or even alleged innovation, yet the Samsung fanboys completely overlook the long history of scandal and corruption already proven in courts regarding Samsung.

Samsung brainwashed at their very finest.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-08 19:23
  • J7Uy

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.