News - Reader comments

Nokia readies aluminum Lumia 928 with xenon flash for Verizon

12 March, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia readies aluminum Lumia 928 with xenon flash for Verizon - read the full textA curious rumor surfaced today, saying that Nokia Lumia 920 for Verizon will be called Lumia 928 and will feature a different shell and a xenon flash. The Nokia Lumia 928 is rumored to replace the polycarbonate body with an aluminum chassis. The design will also change to something similar with...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to sonex @ 2013-03-12 22:55 from ib9W - click to readat first I was wondering why nokia didn't go android, I thought windows 8 would be a total fail. but it is doing so well,
but know I understand now because android isn't as fluent as android and as smooth and fast, so android wouldn't have saved them!!!!
and besides windows 8 is a new fresh os that will only get better with every upgrade..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-13 00:51
  • 2CEM

> In reply to sonex @ 2013-03-12 22:55 from ib9W - click to readWindows Phone 8 has a better base than Android. It doesn't lag over time like Android and it runs on a Windows NT kernel that is powering Windows PC, laptops, and tablets.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-13 00:08
  • kg3C

Only Android OS can save Nokia. It does not matter if Nokia is made of plastic or aluminum. Nokia, please wake up now. You have been sleeping for too long.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 22:55
  • ib9W

I agree, if Nokia only would swallow its pride and started rolling out Android for part of its phones. It so would happen that it wouldn't be the only company producing phones using more than one OS. If Nokia did so,then it will regain its top position in no time at all. Nokia being the maker of quality hardware, good designs and combined with Android? I'll move back to the fold, and I'm sure many feel the same.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 22:49
  • 3VR%

how bout a real torrent app remote wow windows you need work

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 22:13
  • IBLA

well i agree with u nokia should be making android. but i dont think windows is hopeless ,it needs a hole leap of work and and i dont c them backing out the phone game no matter the loss, me i use things before i judge windows phone has a very fast browser and is smoother than android with less specs allowing them to focus on other areas which it needs to custimization (tiles should be a theme amoung many real wallpapers) apps notifacation center then ill turn in my android

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 22:09
  • IBLA

> In reply to TheAgent @ 2013-03-12 20:58 from iCrf - click to readrolf,indeed. motorola too rolf

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 22:09
  • 0Cb2

> In reply to Speaketh the Truth @ 2013-03-12 19:45 from 7ADv - click to read"until they go with Android they'll be sailing towards slow oblivion" obviously, because HTC and Sony are SO headed in the opposite direction all thanks to Android!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 20:58
  • iCrf

> In reply to Mus @ 2013-03-12 20:03 from fqcS - click to readActually, I do keep up with the news. You're the one that's misinformed about HERE Drive. I'm a nice guy so I'll clarify for you. Full navigation is NOT by continent as you claim. It is by country or region. For instance, if you activate HERE maps on your brand new 720 in the United States and drive into Canada, you will not have turn by turn navigation in Canada.

To make it more confusing, certain countries are globbed together. For instance, the UK and Ireland are treated as one region and navigation will work in both countries. Drive from there into other countries and you're out of luck.

Whether or not HERE+ will be a free upgrade (as you assume) to the 720 and 520 remains to be seen. I hope for Nokia's sake it is. I don't want to see them sail into oblivion any more than you do. But when you plot dumb courses thats what happens. Maybe they were using HERE to guide their ship instead of HERE+ :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 20:42
  • 7ADv

now that is sexy... :d

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 20:37
  • 0Cn}

Aluminium wud it look gud

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 20:28
  • fCLn

lol, this tiles OS will be the next symbian. RIP

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 20:09
  • 6{bB

> In reply to Speaketh the Truth @ 2013-03-12 19:45 from 7ADv - click to readapparently, u don't keep up with the news ,the here maps (in 520 and 720) offers navigation by car only will be regional (within the same continent) plus u can upgrade to here maps +( i assume free since here maps + is free on nokia collection in windows phone store) and about apps ,instagram ,real racing 3 , temple run 2 and others r coming this may not to mention that gameloft r seeding games like asphalt 7,amazing spider man,real football 2013 and others every week or so and lots of other examples show that the proclaimed apps issue on windows phone is no longer an issue anymore
it seems nokia ship is heading to the right direction and oblivion is on the other direction

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 20:03
  • fqcS

> In reply to Guess @ 2013-03-12 19:19 from Lbfg - click to readI was hoping Windows Phone would come around but the adoption rate just doesn't seem to increase no matter what. And until that happens the lack of apps is always going to be an issue. Now you add to that the fact that Nokia is no longer offering global navigation to all of its phones (the Lumia 720 and 520 will not have it) and you have a perfect storm of crap.

So I agree with you, until they go with Android they'll be slowly sailing towards oblivion. Too bad.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 19:45
  • 7ADv

Nokia Lumia 920 is the best phone in the world

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 19:33
  • sm9F

> In reply to Killer droid @ 2013-03-12 18:49 from QGtq - click to readHaha you do, otherwise you would not have posted here, not even clicked on the article!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 19:24
  • 0wxc

thank you, nokia
now release in europe soon

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 19:19
  • 3LUu

Poor nokia... Adapt Android or kiss the industry goodbye...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 19:19
  • Lbfg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-12 18:58 from Kg{f - click to readNokia already had aluminium phones in the past. They've used virtually all types of materials on their phones from stainless steel on the N91, plastic on most of their phones, to anodized aluminium on the N8 and E7, to polycarbonate on Lumia, and now they're back to aluminium again.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 19:12
  • IwnH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-12 18:58 from Kg{f - click to readpolycarbonate IS a superior material, but there are over 45 grades of polycarbonate... it wasn't the fact that the lumia series polycarbonate that makes nokia boys excited, its the fact that they use one of the HIGHEST grades available excited.

and no nokia fan said aluminum is a crap material. Thats part of the reason why the nokia n8 got so much fame.. the aluminum body brings a great look and feel to the phone. both polycarbonate and aluminum have thier own advantages and disadvantages.. aluminum is lighter and thinner as well, but it dents and scratches if its dropped.

maybe you and whatever fanboy-ism you're apart of, should do some research to find out WHY the nokia fans are so excited rather than hating on them???

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-12 19:11
  • jK1}

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.