Im a samsung lover I've had all the galaxies but i gotta hand it in to Xperia Z, what an amazing device, such a beauty, defines elegance, class, power, smoothness, too bad Im poor & cannot afford such a fine mobile device, samsung is becoming like Iphone (coming with same design is getting boring)
the next top phones(without fanboyism):
3.xperia z and zl
4.optimus G pro
a lot of people will give the 1st place to htc one,and i am ok with that(may be my next phone).
the next iphone will compete with the galaxy s4 and htc one,why? because the iphone is known to use excellent screens so xperia z and optimus pro are out of the equation
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2013myphone is the best among the rest..cheers...bruha u... thats not your phone, its our phone... myphone 4s
if xz shows black as white as in the second picture, the girl's hair will be so grey in the last pic. Instead I see more detail of hair from xz screen
Wanmer, 14 Mar 2013Winner ............. SONY XZ great & sexy sphoneHTC ONE is real beauty, and awesome cell phone.
I don't get it. If that is the screen for the flagship of Samsung, we are going down down down. I mean, besides the bad angles of Xperia Z, it really has the best view from these 3 compared phones. Put a pair of glasses, please. Cheers!
Cazzbomb, 14 Mar 2013Amoled displays with their true blacks clearly outclass the sony display, as much as I like th... moreI cannot see individual hairs detail from amoled lol! amoled never produces accurate images
bohdan4ik13, 14 Mar 2013Black screen test on the second photo is fake. Xperia's not so bad, It cannot be almost white!Actually it can. If all three phones are turned up to highest brightness, the reported black levels of XZ are 0.7 candela which is worse than those cheap screens the Chinese put on their cheap phones... Couple that with the reported horrible viewing angles of XZ, and some reflections on the screen, it can look like that. It does't look WHITE, it looks a gray. Which it should...
Anonymous, 14 Mar 2013But putting a 1080p screen in a 5-inch screen it *is* going backwards, it lowers the battery l... moreAnd I hate Samsung, but 1080p is plain silly.
Marketing bullshit so display manufacturers won't bother with actually making their screens better. It's like putting putting out cars with 8 wheels. 4 is optimal, anything more and it is a disadvantage, like this PoS 1080p...
When it comes to design. Samsung is like the definition of insanity. Doing the exact same thing over and over again,expecting s#!t to change.This year Samsung's situation is a "far cry" from the one they were in last year.Htc is gaining on them.And i expect htc to make a good load of profits this time as opposed to last year.
Htc fan and I think that stuff like smart stay and multiple screens are innovative and Htc should follow suit. But eye scroll and floating touch is just a marketing gimmick that they're gonna market to pull the crowd in.I wont use it in real life and I don't expect the general public to.Whats the use of a capacitive touchscreen if u're not gonna touch it ?
Guys I see that we already have S4 announced and released....can you please stop basing your opinions on some leaked prototype photos...lets just wait for final announcment, it isnt more than few hours away!
Cazzbomb, 14 Mar 2013Amoled displays with their true blacks clearly outclass the sony display, as much as I like th... moreBlack screen test on the second photo is fake. Xperia's not so bad, It cannot be almost white!
shanhtc, 14 Mar 2013For all those who are saying screens on phones dont need the 1080p ...screw you...technology i... moreBut putting a 1080p screen in a 5-inch screen it *is* going backwards, it lowers the battery life and asks more from the gpu.
I'm with you technology should always go forwards, so give us better colours, better visibility under sunlight, better battery, none of this 1080p marketing crap. Don't you agree?
lamia, 14 Mar 2013No no guys. Just wait few months...
Sammy will release Refreshed S4 with better screen and be... moreNo no no~
Wait till the laz phone when Sammy bankrup n closed down soon...^^Y
I wonder where r those ppl hu always boast dat Sammy screen better than SONY~
Ppl buy sammy bcoz it's cheaper (Even TV's oso)...
Dat's y keep saying SONY Xperia Z too exp n all sorts of nonsense~
They cant get the money 2 buy the BEST phone/product now...=]
A few things:
1. Those black levels are gorgeous. I haven't seen blacks like that on an AMOLED since the S2... After that the high ppi SAMOLED screen like Note/S3/Nexus all had that gray thing, which was like a good LCD, but it defeats the purpose of an OLED screen. I read that it was because of the threshold voltage applied to all OLEDs for faster switching (a common electrical phenomena with transistors). But that is just amazing. Love that.
2. The matrix used should be better than the pentile of old.
3. The color gamut of a Super AMOLED is higher than necessary, i.e. more than the SRGB color standard, which also means it shows more colors than it should. But that can be 'reined in' so to speak, by software. If Samsung did proper calibration it won't matter if it's pentile or RGB or hexagonal or shaped like a goddamn trapezoid. It's gonna be beautiful.
4. It doesn't matter if the screen is not the brightest around, if Samsung makes the glass of low reflectance, and it's visible outdoors, it'll get the job done, since that's the point of having a bright screen. No one uses OLED screens indoors with more than 50% brightness, it's not necessary. It hurts your eyes in a dark room and wastes battery in indoor lighting.
5. Many people will get this phone for the screen alone.
6. People just need reasons to bitch and whine before the reviews are in.
Xperia Z black screen is a flashlight in comparison to S IV's. how do some people still say Samsung's display is bad. be fair pls.
For all those who are saying screens on phones dont need the 1080p ...screw you...technology is never gonna go backwards and keep screens of lower res....the sharper the screen the better it is...and most of the people see their phone screens more than they see tv screens so giving good quality images is the way it shud be...ur just trying to defend samsung ...there is nono point of having an octa core either...they cud hv used a single core plus a quad....it wud hv saved more battery than running three more whwhich arent necessary for basic apps