News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S4 production cost estimated at $244

20 March, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy S4 production cost estimated at $244 - read the full textIn its usual fashion, IHS iSupply has posted its virtual teardown of the Galaxy S4 revealing an estimate of its bill of materials (BOM). The company believes that the materials for the HSPA+ version of the Galaxy S4 costs $236, which when added to the manufacturing cost, give a total production...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 15:53 from XMYk - click to readHah. The Grapes have always been sour for the ones who cant afford to jump high. So the solution of the problrm is, you dont buy the device if you cant put money into it. Let others atleast njoy.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:59
  • XNtq

> In reply to man @ 2013-03-20 12:21 from 3F{k - click to readNo you're calculating totally wrong, you need to take into consideration, that the price you just looked at is just the Bill of Materials, not manufacturing costs, marketing, employee costs, all the testing and beta trialing, and more. The profit margain per unit will not be as huge as Apple's.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:57
  • mHc9

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 15:53 from XMYk - click to readWhy dont you take over sammy then & then manufacture it at a lower price pay the cost from your pocket so that the company is not in loss... that would solve the puzzle...iSerious boy

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:55
  • XNtq

> In reply to AJ @ 2013-03-20 15:45 from XNtq - click to readPeople here with good sense of thinking....dont want waste time...
Listen to your crap....
They have been well knowledgeable after reading this article and realized samsung has lied their smartphone user...
What samsung should do now....bring down the price to competitive level than nobody complain it...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:53
  • XMYk

> In reply to Joe @ 2013-03-20 14:53 from iA0U - click to readVI would be Galaxy S 6, try not to get too far ahead now.

4 is IV :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:50
  • mga3

> In reply to likeasir @ 2013-03-20 14:10 from IVNq - click to readMy S3 has a snapdragon dualcore @ 1.5ghz btw. Run smooth with all the app. I can cloak it down @ 1ghz with power saving mode. Don't know what your talking about.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:49
  • kx5w

> In reply to [deleted post]yeah speak for yourself just go and read all the comments in this thread u'll come to know how many people are in favor of this pricing. I would still say its better than iCrap's pricing.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:48
  • XNtq

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 15:26 from XMYk - click to readAnd btw u haven't even answered any of my questions you are heading a pointless argument, a power-packed phone like SIV can't be termed as crap. Get some bone buddy.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:45
  • XNtq

Are we not missing the cost for creating apps like Airwave etc...and not to mention marketing and technical support.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:40
  • E$Hh

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 15:26 from XMYk - click to readThats total bullshit, if its nothing to do with crApple why are you even comparing other smartphone makers here ,if its only to do with Samsung. You are contradicting your own statements here, your argument is vertebrae less, get some spine to your argument.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:38
  • XNtq

> In reply to AJ @ 2013-03-20 15:17 from XNtq - click to readI didnt talk about apple pricing....

Apple argument doesn't belong in this thread...

The argument is samsung is selling crap product with insane price..

As i said before....its nothing to do with apple..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:26
  • XMYk

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 15:10 from vV5G - click to readthe 16GB iPhone 5 costs $139.20 that's the truth

source:
http://blogs.cio.com/blackberr...ore-iphone-5

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:21
  • U}}D

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 15:10 from vV5G - click to readI suppose your have small eyes, you can't see the broad picture here with those eyes of yours when and crApple device can be manufactured within $199 & sell it for like £529 why can't Samsung do it for £529 with more power packed feature & value for money, girly.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:17
  • XNtq

> In reply to [deleted post]Becouse you used a foul language...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:13
  • vV5G

> In reply to AJ @ 2013-03-20 15:01 from XNtq - click to readWhat was written in the article is real truthfull....and enough to
Convince readers about samsung cheap cost with high diamond final price....
Just you live in your plastic dream tellin yourself samsung price is good...
As i said again.......this is the best article so far for tellin the world
Why samsung take advantage of their over marketing dirty strategy..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:10
  • vV5G

Samsung must upgrade urgente S4 to Snapdragon 800 chips, that are clocked at 2.3 gigas. Why use the old qualcomm 600?

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:07
  • L5%r

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 14:52 from vV5G - click to readhah, that's what you think. Open you eyes, the world will tell you the truth.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:07
  • XNtq

> In reply to Chamamen @ 2013-03-20 14:47 from Mqx$ - click to readHahahahahah, you are absolutely right there, bull eye right on target mate.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:05
  • XNtq

> In reply to Damien Lord @ 2013-03-20 14:43 from tUaI - click to readI Totally agree with that, good looking phone is for girls, hehehehe.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 15:01
  • XNtq

> In reply to why so serious.. @ 2013-03-20 14:52 from vV5G - click to readyou're funny and adamant kid... but anyways, enjoy these forums...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-20 14:56
  • tUaI

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.