News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy Note III rumored to launch in US with 5.9" display

25 March, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy Note III rumored to launch in US with 5.9Samsung Galaxy Note III, the potential successor of the popular Galaxy Note II phablet was said to come out with a whopping 5.9" display. Now, an executive from one of the main parts suppliers for the company has confirmed the screen size. According to a report from Korea Times, the next...

 

Sort by:

Bigger screen = LAME

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 11:09
  • IW1A

> In reply to The Untouchable @ 2013-03-26 09:11 from 9yt7 - click to readNope. It's just an oversized phone.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 10:33
  • uQ5R

just more 2 years later and all Samsung phones going to be TV's in hands !!!!!

wtf!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 09:54
  • 0EBg

For the people who are complaining or even mocking about the screen size of the future Note really shouldn't even be here. Because you people obviously don't seem to know that this, is not a phone. The Note III is more like a super mini tablet with futuristic stylus capability that has a phone functionality attached to it. Why do I say super? It's because, it is the one android gadget that is becoming ever closer to have real computer capability than any other smartphone or tablet out there. So yeah, it must have a bigger screen, but with alot more portability than any tablet out there. That's the Note III. If you're an ordinary smartphone fan, go somewhere else.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 09:11
  • 9yt7

smartphones today is becoming boring... what a life.. i miss my nokia 3310.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 08:57
  • v0Xf

awaiting for this note 3 5.9". good Samsung. keep it up.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 08:56
  • PAmi

Guess these guys(samsung)have seen one too many Godzilla Reruns and are tryna make the catch phrase "size does matter" their catch phrase.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 08:50
  • 3sEv

Well if you have handled note 1 and note 2....you can't go back to apple iPhone 5....feels like ipod shuffle. It's very natural that you can handle 5.9 inch phone after using 5.5 inch phone..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 08:49
  • s72Z

lg and others companies already making 6" pheblets, so why r y blaming to Samsung

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 08:49
  • PAmi

Well if you have handled note 1 and note 2....you can't go back to apple iPhone 5....feels like ipod shuffle.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 08:47
  • s72Z

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-26 07:12 from kx@n - click to readThey said that about the iphone when it came out... now it looks funny because its so small.

With 5" phones as standard most people cant pick between a SGS3 and a Note 2 unless they are side by side.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 07:48
  • XrZj

anyone who is not at least 6`7 with big hands holding a samsung note to your head looks really funny .

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 07:12
  • kx@n

> In reply to gammyone @ 2013-03-26 00:16 from IVQw - click to readSorry to disappoint you.

While the display may be flexible, the device wont be. It will simply mean that the screen wont shatter like glass if dropped.

The note 3 wont fold or roll or anything like that.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 06:19
  • XrZj

> In reply to Darshani @ 2013-03-26 06:10 from iwpx - click to readActually you are wrong.

Doing some quick calcs, if it has the same width bezels as the SGS4 the note 3 would be 0.5mm wider than the note 2.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 06:17
  • XrZj

I think this thing is designed for HULK.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 06:10
  • iwpx

Here is the screen that is flexible and unbreakable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVJzIA94x3E

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 04:58
  • kCCy

> In reply to kgtfan @ 2013-03-26 04:36 from kCCy - click to readby the way what do u mean by flexible unbreakable?, what is the logic of that..? ehehe

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 04:40
  • PSk8

The ZDNet Korea further states that the primary goal of using flexible display is not to provide folding capability but to provide unbreakable screen. Also, the RGB OLED is quite different from the traditional Samsung's pentile based OLED that Samsung has been used (up until Galaxy S4). RGB OLED is much harder to manufacture but provides superior color definitions over the pentile based OLEDs. It is speculated that Note III would be the first device that adopts the RGB OLED technology if Samsung succeeds in mass producing the RGB OLED.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 04:36
  • kCCy

> In reply to guest @ 2013-03-26 02:27 from PGeu - click to readheehee...phones nowadays are becoming ridiculously complex. I love it!

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 04:29
  • P%uR

wait sammy der is also SONY togari and i think much more beter.. :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-26 04:26
  • PSk8

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.