News - Reader comments

HTC One with 64GB will be an AT&T exclusive in the US

30 March, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
HTC One with 64GB will be an AT&T exclusive in the US - read the full text It looks like prospective HTC One buyers in the United States might not be able to choose a carrier if they want to enjoy the smartphone with 64GB of built-in memory. The aforementioned version will be sold exclusively by AT&T Wireless. AT&T delivered the word quietly via an HTC One promo...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to The market @ 2013-03-31 08:25 from y$db - click to readI agree with you. People don't know what HTC is. All they know is what their friends and people around them are telling - either Samsung or Apple. Most of them buy not because they truly understand the device they're buying, they buy because of SOCIAL PRESSURE.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:32
  • vp7D

> In reply to [deleted post]Wow! You better study geography to know that Taiwan is different with PRC, as well as USA is not UK and South Korea is not North Korea.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:28
  • y$db

and a lot of Jealous haters
because Nidvia said they would only work with the best companies to introduce the new Terga 4 super chip
to the mobile market.

Samsung didn't make that list. LOL
So no Terga 4 Samsung handsets

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:25
  • PZUw

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-31 08:19 from 4bF2 - click to readDo u know why? Coz many people buy phone only based on popularity, without knowing the tech facts behind it. And Samsung's marketer has done great to boost Galaxy awareness and popularity among youth. Often people still ask, HTC? Is it Chinesse brand? But surely know Samsung.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:25
  • y$db

> In reply to Droided @ 2013-03-31 08:20 from PZUw - click to readYou can add more memory via SOFTWARE UPGRADES????????

hahahahhahhahahha

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:23
  • 4bF2

> In reply to Droided @ 2013-03-31 08:20 from PZUw - click to readI travel a lot. Instead charging my phone with a cable, I just switch out a dead battery with a charged one. Never have to mess with cables.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:22
  • 4bF2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-31 08:15 from 4bF2 - click to readHow many times a week or month do you remove the battery?

And second a software update could add more memory if
we wanted. But this model, 64GB is more than enough
and don't need it.

HTC have told us we like cloud storage now as an option

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:20
  • PZUw

HTC One will NOT even outsell the GS3 let alone GS4.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:19
  • 4bF2

> In reply to Droided @ 2013-03-31 07:58 from PZUw - click to readFirst thing HTC one users will do is remove the live feed.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:17
  • 4bF2

> In reply to TheMan @ 2013-03-31 08:05 from fsfv - click to readbecause galaxy is now becoming an apple-like icon. They (Samsung) still continue the not-so-good design because people still buy it regardless of plasticy design. It's an advantage to Samsung as they are plastic resin material manufacturer and plastic chassis are so cheap to produce. Rejected parts are being grind up and use again for plastic moulding, thus minimizing production cost and maximizing profit. S4 receives more daily interest because it's so popular now as the media hype is so strong that any people in the world recognizes the new flagship of Samsung.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:16
  • vp7D

It’s not like aluminum is more durable. The iPhone is one of the most easily scratched cases available. Give me plastic any day. Plastic is actually very durable. Who doesn’t snap on a cover the minute they get their phone anyway?

So yeah, go with the One. Good luck with the aluminum, your crummy battery (unremovable at that), and non-expandible memory.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:15
  • 4bF2

> In reply to TheMan @ 2013-03-31 08:05 from fsfv - click to readUr points are valid, but design despite it is subject to personal taste, still has a universal opinion, which HTC One indeed better than Galaxy4. Moreover, the winning margin of GS4 over One is not big, it is just a slight victory, 1-0 in soccer after a hot match. So, both phones are still worth to be owned...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:14
  • y$db

> In reply to TheMan @ 2013-03-31 08:05 from fsfv - click to readHTC could be number 1 if they wanted,
but the fans prefer the niche market approach.
More exclusive feeling, than the masses of Samuals

HTC feels better build quality in the hand than the cheap plastic soap feeling.

Samsung release 4 or 5 different version of the same phone to confuse the market and sell more.

The latest HTC camera module technology are that good, it was said that alone caused Nokia to cancel the true pureview Lumia introduction at the Mobile Worlds 2013.

HTC sense will run with less lags and stutter then
the new touchwhiz and can do it without needing 8 cores.
++
UK HTC users club member

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:13
  • PZUw

> In reply to Droided @ 2013-03-31 07:58 from PZUw - click to readlook if u need htc one go and bring it no one need ur point of view htc one camera is the second best camera after lumia 920??? are u blind or what??

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:13
  • JEw9

who cares hahahah

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:11
  • GAdr

> In reply to Droided @ 2013-03-31 07:38 from PZUw - click to readDon't waste people's time with this useless excuses.
If what you say is true, if HTC has better designs then why:
1-SIV has more daily interests?
2-SIII sold more than HTC One X?

Either way Samsung is the best because they know what people want, and this thing is technology.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsun...view-913.php
Look here how SIV beat HTC One in every aspect except design although i don't find design aspect is fair because people have different tastes, personally i don't like HTC One design its like an old compact radio and they have same design since first HTC smartphone, and the funny thing people don't complain about it only when it comes to Samsung they complain! HTC Apple Sony Nokia they all make the same design over and over, Lumias all look the same, Xperias look the same and of cource iphones.

BTW UI can easily be changed with custom launchers.

And BTW soda can material is not favorable now days otherwise manufactures would pick soda can material to build their laptops.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:05
  • fsfv

Wonder why people hate HTC so much...they make good phone and great UI for fresh looks...i admit Samsung is better but only by popularity standard...people buy what they hear and tought is good..so they buy that...professional have also stated that Samsung UI is like the old Froyo even the design and the capacitive button layout..why hate HTC..they make everything first and you all spit on it even they are good...wonder if there is no HTC..they will be no Android as popular as now and iPhone will dominate the market and Samsung will stuck at old model..HTC make the first android and everybody follow...will you wonder as much..

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:04
  • ib4H

> In reply to [deleted post]I think both are the most powerful so far, with GS4 slightly in front in term of processing power. But that One you have to admit was built more properly than GS4 despite what Samsung did with GS4 was not bad at all. So, it will be people preference after all. I like One but GS4 sales definitely will surpass all.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 08:03
  • y$db

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-31 07:50 from 4bF2 - click to readwont happen over night

But Touch-Whiz will most likely head to a live feed style.


First Thing serious users will do is get ROOT and
delete most of the s-crap.


Camera on HTC one will win. Second best camera
With Lumia 920 still probably holding No 1 because of
true Optical stabilisation.
+++
HTC Butterfly user with Custom ROM and Kernel proving
Android never had lag.
and UK HTC users Group member

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 07:58
  • PZUw

> In reply to Droided @ 2013-03-31 07:38 from PZUw - click to read"And people want modern style UI now."

We will see that when Samsung releases report that they have sold 20 Million GS4's in 30 days.

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-31 07:50
  • 4bF2

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.