News - Reader comments

Samsung releases Q1 financial estimates, has a record in sight

04 April, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung releases Q1 financial estimates, has a record in sight - read the full textSamsung released its Q1 financial guidance. In the eve of the Samsung Galaxy S4 retail launch, the Korean manufacturer is on path of achieving fifth record-setting financial quarter in a row. Currently valued at $220 billion, Samsung estimates total sales for the quarter in the range of 51...

 

Sort by:

I am expecting samsung can sell 500 million Galaxy S3 and NOte 2 combined

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 10:32
  • uHZW

Good work Sammy !!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 09:39
  • PqTP

Most time on smartphones is, spent playing games lol that might explain the reason why we have an "information underclass."

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 09:13
  • SgvH

Samsung never said anything about selling 500 million gs4.Its the total no.of mobiles they hope to sell in this year. They sold around 470 million the previous year. So that's pretty with in range. Apple is making more money from selling lesser no.of phones because their profit margin is high. That must not make any one proud because they are basically looting you, unless of course you are a share holder.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 09:07
  • U{AR

> In reply to ISJ5 @ 2013-04-05 08:00 from UNA6 - click to readThey didn't tell 500 mill gs4..they told 100m gs4..500million refers to their total number of sales for all of their phones.. They sold about 420m in 2012

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:49
  • ttvk

> In reply to ISJ5 @ 2013-04-05 08:00 from UNA6 - click to readThey said that they will sell 500M smartphones for the year and 10M S4 per month so this adds up to about 80M S4 for the year.get your facts right.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:49
  • mwsa
  • kill-for-exclusivity
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to ThomasCarlsson @ 2013-04-05 07:09 from J5NB - click to readI agree it is sad to see no FM radio

But you can buy a Bluetooth headset that has FM radio feature anyday

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:28
  • fCQI

*Correction*
Base frames ( chassis ) can be bought for most makes of smartphone.

I negated to add that you can't buy base frame ( chassis ) for 'sealed' smartphones though!

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:18
  • SgvH

noisy company..making such news for ads purposes..nothing new about the headlines here..

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:16
  • vj1k

> In reply to ISJ5 @ 2013-04-05 08:00 from UNA6 - click to readThey said that they will sell 500M smartphones for the year and 10M S4 per month so this adds up to about 80M S4 for the year.get your facts right.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:11
  • mwsa

> In reply to ISJ5 @ 2013-04-05 08:00 from UNA6 - click to readWhen you reach to top of a mountain the Only way is Down!
Use your common sense bro.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:10
  • SgvH

> In reply to ThomasCarlsson @ 2013-04-05 07:09 from J5NB - click to readYou've made your point, that's fair enough, but 'Loyalty' is a hard won thing!
And my loyalty is with, and always will be, with Samsung.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:06
  • SgvH

samsung only sold 60 million and 5 million gs3/note2. so why samsung expecting that they can sold 500M gs4? i think samsung is daydreaming. and if they are the best seller why they are not the most valuable company - apple? samsung is lying apple is the most best seling company not samsung!

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 08:00
  • UNA6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-05 07:43 from SHed - click to readPlastic fantastic it sure is.
You could easily buy a complete base frame ( chassis ) for most makes of smartphone,
I know because i've bought 2 in the past.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 07:59
  • SgvH

We can reasonably expect good times ahead, says Samsung lol with market saturation that's definitely the understatement of the year lol

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 07:53
  • SgvH

Nothing wrong with build quality. Better than the rest... Plastic is durable, flexible, strong, easy and cheap to replace.

Metal ding, dents, scratches, not flexible so easily bends out of shape. If you own a car or any metal laptop, phones etc you'll will know...

So what do we do buy cases but then you don't see or feel metal anyway.

Remember plastic is fantastic!

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 07:43
  • SHed

I will not buy S4 because no FM-radio = no buy for me, and if there will be no FM-radio in all future flagships from Samsung then I will have to buy all my future phones from another company! It can be a very short time between being number one or be desperate as Nokia is today, because very few buyers are truly loyal to any particular brand!

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 07:09
  • J5NB

I am pretty sure they will achieve this. Only thing I wish Samsung starts making phones with better build quality like HTC One/iPhone 5

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 07:07
  • 9xej

Keep up the good work.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-05 06:58
  • XM0j

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.