News - Reader comments

HTC One launched in India for Rs. 42,990

09 April, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
HTC One launched in India for Rs. 42,990 - read the full textHTC has launched their latest Android flagship device, the HTC One, in India for ₹42,990, which is approximately $789, unlocked. The phone is expected to go on sale towards the end of this month. HTC has tied up with Reliance Communications to offer 1GB of free 3G data for three months to...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Sriniram @ 2013-04-11 10:23 from KAyg - click to readWell, for starters, i have to break it to you that your english sucks. And no, what you said does not make sense. Cannot Afford it, do not buy it. Nobody is forcing you to, and im sure HTC wont give a shit if you dont buy one handset.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-12 18:18
  • utan

HTC is good

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-12 13:00
  • Mf5j

> In reply to Sriniram @ 2013-04-11 10:23 from KAyg - click to readYeah, totally makes sense. I feel the same way about Range Rover. Why shouldn't I be able to have one just because I can't afford it one? They should sell it to me at a loss just so I don't miss out.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 12:28
  • SgvH

I still think HTC one is a strong competitor to bring down GS4. But the price point is not most can afford. If HTC wants to be a sure winner they should price the phone at 30 grands instead of 40 grands which is psychologically stops one from buying. I do understand that its not about competition. But a guy like me do not want to loose the opportunity of buying a good phone just because of one reason that I cannot affort the cost. Makes sense?

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 10:23
  • KAyg

> In reply to rohit_ind @ 2013-04-10 08:02 from uwdt - click to readSame here bro. i am having s3 since a year and now everyone calls it galaxy grand.
samsung killed the premium feel with galaxy with so many models
and
PREMIUM FEEL MATTERS!!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 09:43
  • TS88

Why cant people just relax..it's just a phone...each company has it's own features...there is no point attacking Samsung or even Apple...phones will change every year..this will be old by the end of this year...and I've heard that the one is even more difficult to repair than the iphone5 if you damage it..

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 08:06
  • vbVX

> In reply to ronak @ 2013-04-10 14:30 from S35r - click to readMay be hTC is not too much interested into beating Samsung? Have you considered that? Do you think Apple can ever dream of beating Samsung or Nokia? I don't think so.
There is something called maintaining quality. But that is something most people don't understand (especially in India). You have recently posted about smooth touch.. Do you think it is some magic that hTC have under there sleeves? No - it is simply because of using a better quality of components than competition. Also, you have said you will never get an hTC - then why are you so much annoyed with hTC I don't understand. I am using hTC devices since 2006 and yet to find a device which did not justify its premium price (to me)... And regarding heavily investing on R & D - well everybody may not be interested being an copy cat....
And those of you who do not know the legend behind hTC - just a reminder - O2 Phones were manufactured by hTC .. i wonder where Samsung/ iPhone was back then...

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 06:14
  • vG7x

> In reply to pn @ 2013-04-10 12:11 from tT$w - click to readWhy? Because you and your friends prefer Samsung? Or is there any other reason behind it?

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 06:05
  • vG7x

> In reply to özgür kome @ 2013-04-10 15:35 from SnDd - click to readIts not yet launched buddy...
It will be launched by end of the month - when it is launching worldwide ;)

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 06:04
  • vG7x

Have my fingers crossed :).
Lets hope they stick to the price, then I will definitely go for it :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-11 06:03
  • vG7x

I can't believe the clowns on here posting utterly baseless comments about Samsung Galaxy S4 being better than the HTC One. I mean, seriously? Did you guys even do your homework on the research? This phone outperforms the Galaxy S4 in almost every department. For the love of mobile phones, please do NOT compare HTC One to that plastic piece of trash (Galaxy S4).
I mean, come on, just look at the Galaxy S4. How can you even spend so much money on that? Use the HTC One to believe that it is the BEST phone in the market at the moment or live in your delusional world and believe that the brand you own produces the best phone, to which clearly no one would give a flying ****.

Best phone in the market, PERIOD.
Oh, and I own the Sony Xperia Z, which quite clearly beats that plastic junk as well.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 23:02
  • vG6$

htc one sucks..... Go for s4 ..... Octa core always better than quad core anyday..... Plus htc ones camera is over rated..... Its not as good as advertised...

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 19:55
  • XuCR

> In reply to ViK @ 2013-04-10 09:48 from U@mm - click to readsamsung fan boys are scared of htc
thats why they are comparing maruiti(samsung) vs htc(mercedes)

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 18:46
  • vIdL

hey be practical


htc one is much better than samsung galaxy s4..........

out of all why you people want to spend 45000 on samsung galaxy s4 which people may even think is grand

samsung gives a number of features-air gestures,air view,smart scroll,smart pause....and more

but all these not useful in daily life

while htc gives a brilliant design making ONE the most beautiful phone ever

also it has dual front stereo speakers powered by beats audio....

the only things i like in samsung s4 is the 13 mp camera and the sense ui

but overall HTC ONE Rockssssssssss

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 17:13
  • utPN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-10 08:16 from 2@YM - click to reads , but where is bada os of samsung ...
Samsung is bull ****
Samsung s2 as made 1.2 GHz dual core
9100 , then fake s2 came 9100g it was 1ghz dual core but in box mentioned 1.2ghz
if it's not true check with Samsung toll free no..
he he he ....

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 17:01
  • tUp4

Why!while Europe, but what does such a süper mobile phone. HTC has launched in India, confused ducks.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 15:35
  • SnDd

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-04-10 13:14 from KSwB - click to readIf you say HTC markets are lacking then they increase the price of the handsets. Why not with samsung..their markets increase rapidly because they know what the price should be for a phone and what features it should have. If today HTC phones were like Samsung, they could have beat the Samsung..

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 14:30
  • S35r

> In reply to Cable @ 2013-04-10 10:19 from wY8w - click to readthey need to learn that releasing high end phones at HUGE PRICE will not win the market. Learn from samsung that they release phones with high end features at resonable price..42990 lol a joke...!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 13:33
  • S35r

> In reply to ronak @ 2013-04-10 08:14 from S35r - click to readIts not because there phone are awesome or with coll features. It is because of their marketing budget. They market their very well which HTC lacks.

  • Reply
  • 2013-04-10 13:14
  • KSwB

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.