News - Reader comments

US DoD approves BB10 and Samsung Knox

US DoD approves BB10 and Samsung Knox - read the full textThe US Department of Defense has confirmed that they have approved the use of devices running the BlackBerry 10 operating system and the BlackBerry PlayBook with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 on their network. But BlackBerry 10 is not the only platform approved by the DoD. Samsung's Knox...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Ric @ 2013-05-03 15:06 from MiEV - click to readNobody cares about DOD BS, this Knox bootloader will kill development by outside sources.So long Samsung Im off to a development friendly manufacturer.The GS days were good but this wall of Knox and unlockable bootloaders has for me devastated the legacy.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-05 21:05
  • Q}3J

Good work samsung

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-04 19:48
  • jxXT

Has any one ever seen enemy of the state.. See bb is the reason how government keep tracks of all businessmens things.. N its the reason why the ones with "side" business use feature phones for the purpose ! Hell i'm not buying any Samsung communication device from now on.. I can guarantee that from now every samsung phone comes with this knox thing either shown or hidden in the system rom.. If your from other country using a lot of samsung.. Then only god knows if there's anything that "they" cant know about you ! So much for living in a virtual prison

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-04 04:25
  • uvX1

DoD my a.ss .. A j.erk nobody politician can get a jet in no seconds but a soldier cant train pass approved in no less than an hour

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-04 04:16
  • uvX1

Didn't the government say that they were unable to track down the iMessages from iOS devices due to some unusual coding? Not sure if it is true.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 22:46
  • jMIa

BB was the King, is King and will be King. Knox will itself be knocked out by BB.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 21:31
  • 38Mk

People always say how iPhone is secure and safe and whatnot. But why are they not approved to be a secure means of communication for their own government. The Canadians and Koreans(lower half) made it for the whole world to use and wont sue over spilled milk.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 20:42
  • Qxuu

> In reply to the anonymous guest @ 2013-05-03 19:13 from 00dk - click to readHey, i'm not a kid, i'm 15 and don't get scared so easily, i know that eveything is known exactly to the people not suposed to know and that must not know, but involving UsDod in phone things indicates bad bad things on the darkside of our planet

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 20:37
  • 0ZJS

Note 3 must get this along with Dual SIM

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 20:23
  • U{Rr

Why such fighting...

correct me if im wrong, but didnt GSMarena did a write up about BB10 being DOD approved sometime back. yes they did because they were queries as to whether or not BB10 securities would have pass.

Soooo Samsung Knox for the first time ever in any samsung device got a DOD approval, and u guys are moaning that the article is more in favour of samsung. Of course it is, it should be, because its the first time approval for them.. BB on the other hand, had it for ages for their current and previous models.

Jeez, u guys really need to grow up

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 20:03
  • RcFM
  • the anonymous guest
  • Report
  • Rating1

> In reply to Rad-K @ 2013-05-03 17:48 from 3TLE - click to readawe! dont get scared! mommy will make everything alright!

R u guys really THAT clueless or r u like 12 and your brain has just started questioning things?

Whatever you do, whoever you talk to online, whatever you say to them, whatever you write in your emails, your calendar, whatever messages you send/receive in social networks, the way you are using your smartphone, the apps you have on it, the time you spend with each and every app, your conversations, EVERYTHING is known to those who are not supposed to know. And you are worried about the government?

So funny!

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 19:13
  • 00dk

> In reply to Rad-K @ 2013-05-03 17:45 from 3TLE - click to readSecurity ,wonder if Obama still has his Blackberry.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 19:09
  • nEsB

This mean BlackBerry & Samsung Knox are more security than iOS.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 17:49
  • jesG

> In reply to the anonymous guest @ 2013-05-03 16:58 from 00dk - click to readin fact he seems scary for being right and you seem ridiculous for being naive

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 17:48
  • 3TLE

illuminate me please, what does that UsDod have to do with phone OSs?

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 17:45
  • 3TLE

Maybe it's because although the article is interesting, the Blackberry isn't, so few people will read it. The market share really says it all. Samsung Knox just got a few readers to read a bit about Blackberry! :D

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 17:32
  • v0qu
  • the anonymous guest
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Zander101 @ 2013-05-03 16:05 from Pc5P - click to readYou are so funny!
So funny indeed.

You really have no clue, do you?

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 16:58
  • 00dk

OMG. why dnt u all get the whole idea. the only new thing is that another ome got the DoD approval. everyone knows that bb has been approved ages ago. GSM arena is nt bias, they ddn't talk much abt bb os bcz it's already known. way 2 go samsung :) btw i hv a blkb torch

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 16:49
  • SYf1

> In reply to Blankman @ 2013-05-03 16:21 from sXwU - click to read"US Department of Defense approves BB10 and Samsung Knox"

The title speaks for itself mate.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 16:32
  • PGfx

> In reply to MCRL @ 2013-05-03 16:05 from PGfx - click to readBecause it's all about Samsung.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-03 16:21
  • sXwU

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.