News - Reader comments

Huawei Ascend W2 official photo surfaces, rumored to cost $290

Huawei Ascend W2 official photo surfaces, rumored to cost $290 - read the full textHuawei's very first Windows Phone 8 smartphone, the Ascend W1, will soon turn 6 months old and by the looks of it, the company is looking to issue a refresh in the face of the Ascend W2. With its specs entering rumorland last month, we got a basic idea of the Ascend W2's personality, but not of...

 

Sort by:

And what about LTE?

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 09:43
  • Suub

No NFC, so the Lumia is better

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-31 09:30
  • vIfp

Yeah,competition will be good.I can't wait for Nokia to make this kind of affordable handset.this pricing will challenge Nokia to make this kind of budget...

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 23:49
  • t7Xh

> In reply to lolza @ 2013-05-30 14:06 from pq5j - click to readdont lie to people wp hardware are far superior than ios (iphones) hardware. many big name games are from ios then they are ported to android and wp.

so if you say wp hardware are inferior does not make sense

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 20:51
  • fuZU

Cmon Huawei, stop that boringness already

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 20:20
  • AffZ

What's the internal memory?? If it's 4 gigs again then it's useless

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 16:29
  • LaRY

> In reply to lolza @ 2013-05-30 14:06 from pq5j - click to readThen why iPhone 4/4S doesnt have any problem running everything with dual core and 512MB RAM? (btw PS3 and Xbox360 have 512MB RAM too)

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 15:50
  • JL{E

> In reply to B @ 2013-05-30 14:23 from NntF - click to readit doesnt look like android due to the fact that it's windows......

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 15:41
  • 9Fbx

> In reply to lolza @ 2013-05-30 14:06 from pq5j - click to readNo, the reason is because WP has lower market share. However, it's rising very fast and may become a big player within a year.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 15:37
  • pJZa

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-30 12:37 from 3C1T - click to readread between the line..."rumored"...ok use your brain

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 15:34
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-30 13:38 from w0Pt - click to readwhich country?lol!

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 15:31
  • t7Xk

Does not look like a android device :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 14:23
  • NntF

I would buy it, but only if it comes in more colours than blue and red! (Yellow, green, black e.t.c)

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 14:17
  • nGcu

> In reply to nemz @ 2013-05-30 13:21 from kI%b - click to readi keep seeing this argument over and over again.
wp only need 1 or 2 cores...OK....but the games and apps that are top of the range on iOS and android still need 2-4 cores.
that's why wp doesn't get the latest games and the latest graphics...cause it doesn't have the hardware.
there's a difference between the OS running smooth and the games running smooth.
Can you understand the difference ? Windows xp might run ok on 1 core baron 3200+, but crysis 3 will not run smooth on the same cpu.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 14:06
  • pq5j

290 ? no no , you got it wrong..any minute now huawey ceo will say it's 490 !

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 14:03
  • pq5j

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-30 13:38 from w0Pt - click to readaha, and lumias are made in finland. lol

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 13:53
  • Lect

In our country, we avoid buying chinese products, we prefer lumia 520. no way to huawei

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 13:38
  • w0Pt

> In reply to The soft Voice of @ 2013-05-30 12:21 from uBS0 - click to readWP8 is not hardware demanding, still very smooth even with dual core. no need for quad core

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 13:21
  • kI%b

Interestingly Nokia seems to make colourful options a mandatory for Windows Phone.

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 12:55
  • ii1e

Reply to uBS0 and U}}D

You guys obviously haven't read reviews about dual core and 1G RAM will run very smooth...

I don't want to be repetitive, but android diehards pls stop trolling by saying WP phones are "under-spec", just because WP isn't hardware consuming as android. (hands up

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 12:44
  • pLmv

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.