News - Reader comments

Nokia EOS gets quick review, camera details still unknown

07 June, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Nokia EOS gets quick review, camera details still unknown - read the full textNokia might as well make the EOS official already, after multiple leaks the WP8 sharpshooter now has a short preview. The preview is light on details, but is still an interesting first look at the 808 PureView successor. The phone reportedly feels a bit on the heavy side and the reviewer from...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to rj23 @ 2013-06-10 16:02 from thcN - click to readLMAO!!You trolls never quit making up hilarious statements. Samsung, Nokia, and Sony are all great. From the past years all have made great cameras and Nokia still deserves mad respect. However Samsung has been riding the top for a good while now.

Even in camera department it's mainly been Samsung vs Nokia followed by Sony. Up until the PureView Samsung actually quite often made better cameras. The N8 didnt even come out til like a year after the Pixon12 and was not overall better even. Samsung even makes Sony's cameras work better in their own phones.

Never the less they are all great...And you have no clue how well the S4 Zoom will even perform yet...Illogical much?

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-11 23:27
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Marty H @ 2013-06-08 10:48 from uBSi - click to readNokia EOS is designed in a more gorgeous way than the ugly S4 Zoom and Pureview has one of the best technology in a cameraphone yet! If Sony Honami rumors are true that it will feature similar technology in that of the RX100 Sony camera to keep up the name Cybershot on their branding then it will give the EOS a run for its money and both will dig the grave of the overrated Sammy S4 Zoom, Note 3 and the current overrated Galaxy S4 and Active.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-10 16:02
  • thcN

> In reply to paco2x @ 2013-06-09 08:39 from Pvq} - click to readIOS is also linux and Android needs more power because it does more. Nice try however. Android is well coded as well and IOS does not have some god coding. Neither does WP. They both have their share of lags and hiccups. They are just on the hush hush. They use restrictions as an illusion. Especially IOS

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-09 21:30
  • 4QSR

sey

but confused ducks, This it's a beautiful süpermodel Nokia EOS' system.? they should be Android system,? Goldin brown and silver colors.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-09 11:16
  • SnDd

> In reply to Marty H @ 2013-06-08 10:48 from uBSi - click to readYes, Android needs power... A LOTS of power because of the virtualization and using a Linux kernel on Java programming, since Java as outdated and unreliable program language makes Android a heavy burden of the hardware, that's why it needs so much power, unlike iOS or WP since those OS are native coded and only take a portion of Android hardware to run fast abd fluid.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-09 08:39
  • Pvq}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-08 15:10 from 4wKR - click to readWhat forum are you talking about? In this one I see nasty trolls from all sides.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-09 07:58
  • 4QSR

> In reply to pishva @ 2013-06-07 13:10 from kJ}I - click to read"eos has no micro sd card slot
no fm transmitter
no hdmi port"

Well, Nokia needs to have a new EOS out in a year or so, and then they can offer these upgrades. This EOS is still a very attractive product as is. I want a Samsung Note, because of its pen, size of the screen, and better sound apt-x for my Nokia (!) BT headset that was brought out and then abandonded, which won't work with the same audio quality when connected to the EOS. Still, I'm SO tempted to go for the EOS instead, and it's THAT camera alone that does it.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 17:27
  • nvd7

> In reply to Rad-K @ 2013-06-08 14:11 from 0ZJS - click to readwell said Rad-K...I swear what's with all the android/samsung trolls? It's like they're a bunch of communists wanting everyone to have their phone/OS.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 15:10
  • 4wKR

> In reply to Marty H @ 2013-06-08 10:51 from uBSi - click to readWho cares even if 90% of the sales are Android and 1% is WP (except manufacturers). If so, then having a Lumia is sth special, one more reason for me to have a Lumia!

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 14:11
  • 0ZJS

Nokia is always improving! Great Smartphones with a great design! I hope they continue like this, thumbs up for Nokia!

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 14:02
  • 00X5

> In reply to tillyboo @ 2013-06-08 13:38 from StUN - click to read200% agree

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 14:00
  • 00X5

> In reply to Marty H @ 2013-06-08 10:51 from uBSi - click to readBut Windows phone supports 128 cores...it only has dual core cause extra cores aren't needed yet. It's faster at dual core than android is with 8 cores... lolol

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 13:38
  • StUN

For the people who are constantly saying windows phone is bad because it doesn't have more than dual core, your argument is pointless. Windows phone 8 doesn't need more because it runs super fast anyway.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 12:58
  • 9xHN

> In reply to Marty H @ 2013-06-08 10:51 from uBSi - click to readRead this - http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035...es-unlocked/
(7 myths about quad-core phones)

Damboid is absolutely power hungry system unlike iOS or WinPhone8

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 12:23
  • ScSA

hopefully it wont be an unreliable piece of trash like the 920

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 12:03
  • 3AxW

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-08 08:32 from P%uS - click to readWindows phone isn't popular because it's with old dual cores.People demand user power

Android is a modern professional OS that can handle 8 cores.Sales have shown this to be true and can provide
for power users.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 10:51
  • uBSi

No, I said that to highlight that we are not scared.

Samsung Zoom smartphone is going to end this that's why.

Samsung S4 professional Zoom Vs 20mp pure view Winphone

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 10:48
  • uBSi

> In reply to qwerty. @ 2013-06-08 06:43 from U}}D - click to read:)), yeah right... It will be lucky if stands a chance in front of n8. Zoom my a**.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 09:39
  • L7eJ

This is a great feature phone but seriously guys why do you think the windows phone os is not very popular among buyers?

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 08:32
  • P%uS

> In reply to Marty H @ 2013-06-07 13:32 from uBSi - click to readstill no one notice...

video cannot change the reality

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-08 08:04
  • uuHy

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.