News - Reader comments

Korean consumers upset over faster LTE-A Galaxy S4

22 June, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Korean consumers upset over faster LTE-A Galaxy S4 - read the full textA few days ago Samsung's co-CEO J.K. Shin confirmed an LTE-Advanced version of the Samsung Galaxy S4 is in the works. As it turns out this version will run on the Qualcomm's most powerful chipset to date - the Snapdragon 800. The new hardware will make the LTE-A model of the Samsung Galaxy...

 

Sort by:

Samsung is Trolling their own Fans!!! LOL!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 17:27
  • 3drB

> In reply to Toink @ 2013-06-23 00:36 from th11 - click to readYes the competition is now within themselves because they don't have competition out their

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 15:15
  • 3sEw

I have been a number fan of the galaxy series phones but I have failed to get one because of these new improvements that has to be made. Right now I was just planning to get the galaxy S4 now another one, a better version is comming so I have to wait for it.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 15:00
  • 3sEw

Tmo USA might be the first US Network to get LTE advanced cuz it will be easier for their LTE Network to convert to LTE Advanced.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 14:59
  • TfjR

> In reply to mixa @ 2013-06-23 13:58 from pwTb - click to readExynos 5 it is not crap like you said. The Samsung Arm processors are very good, with good performance. They have a line of Exynos Arm Cortex A15 chipsets very good, especially quad-core chipsets with powerful graphics like Mali T658 or T678 and with dddr3 memories. This of the Togari, it's no point that they release this tablet or phablet because Samsung has a solid market in this rage. And the Galaxy Note 3 will be always superior to the others competitors. And the Galaxy S4 it has sold well.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 14:35
  • Tqc6

Samsung is not releasing this to provide LTE-A, but to try to further lose money cos the failed S4.

They realized that the Note3 with crap Exinos5.And Sony is about to roll Togari lal.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 13:58
  • pwTb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-23 04:43 from 4QSR - click to readOk point taken. Who would you want to innovative then, as you say how dare Samsung make high tech technology before anyone else?

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 13:32
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to lloydee1983 @ 2013-06-23 04:34 from 3Jn} - click to readRussia only has LTE-A in a small part of Moscow with 11 towers and no plans to roll out nationwide.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 12:56
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-22 11:00 from 4QSR - click to readSorry. Ummm, how's this....

Samsung sucks! Everyone knows {insert favorite mfg name here} makes the best phones.

Now they do this to their customers. I hate them, therefore, you should too because I'm cool and hip.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 12:41
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-23 04:43 from 4QSR - click to readExactly.

Haha

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 12:33
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-23 11:57 from vMew - click to readLight leakage , dead pixels, washed out colours , no user adjustable - lcd (poor lcd).

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 12:28
  • t1$J

> In reply to Samsung fan :) @ 2013-06-23 03:15 from IBJK - click to readcoming from a guy who obviously hasnt gone out and bought the s4.... i guess business is business still i'd be pretty annoyed...

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 12:01
  • vMew

> In reply to Flash783 @ 2013-06-22 21:04 from Ij7D - click to readwrong its pretty much matter of opinion.. but as far as the negatives.. lcd has alot less than oled screens

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 12:00
  • vMew

> In reply to ralphUNPLUGGED @ 2013-06-23 10:48 from th1X - click to readagreed.. amoled is alot more prone to screen burn, dead pixels etc etc

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 11:57
  • vMew

> In reply to Flash783 @ 2013-06-22 21:04 from Ij7D - click to readOLED is never superior to LCD, its just a matter of what your preference is. Let me just tell you that OLED has shorter life than LCD and LCD is being used for waterproof phones and not OLED coz OLED will not stand water coz it is made of organic materials whereas LCDs do not that is why even Samsung S4 Active uses TFT.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 10:48
  • th1X

Oh, I am right here TALKING TO YOU DIRECTLY now and you have a point that we all have our points of view regarding matters and unfortunately for you, I still find you a troll for Samsung as you only love what they offer and never seen your posts taking sides on some other OEMs and I have my own point of view so do not bother defend yourself coz the fact is that you are a Samsung fanboy trolling on different threads that have no relation with Samsung at all!

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 10:41
  • th1X

> In reply to lolza @ 2013-06-22 19:41 from pq5j - click to readOfficially not yet and who knows when, as the mini 2 wont be seing jb officially, perhaps the ace plus wont also, but they at samsung are wrong or too strict, I just saw a video of a rooted ace+, with cyanogen mod jellybean and it runs perfectly well, what a great UI the jb is, its like owning a new phone.
So the ace+ CAN run jb, if samsung doesnt release the upgrade it is because they DIDNT wanted to and the poorer and cheaper galaxy music got jb preinstalled and no problem.
God bless you.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 04:52
  • LI3H

> In reply to lloydee1983 @ 2013-06-23 04:34 from 3Jn} - click to readHow is that pointless? It's only for the markets that are getting. So they are gonna be the first to have it ready. How dare Samsung release advance tech before someone else.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 04:43
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Ixon @ 2013-06-21 18:37 from m79b - click to readYes totally agree, lte advanced is not gonna be available for another year or two at least. That's Samsung for you, they want to innovate stuff and have phones with the best specs, this phone is pretty pointless, except for Russia that already have lte advanced and Korea that are getting it soon. Everywhere else it's gonna be ages. At least the price of the initial s4 will go down and it suits me right down to the ground as I don't have an s4.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 04:34
  • 3Jn}

Good move Samsung, That is the way to stay on the top!
Keep ahead of the competion.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-23 03:15
  • IBJK

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.