News - Reader comments

Samsung's Q2 profits beat record, miss expectations

05 July, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung's Q2 profits beat record, miss expectations - read the full textSamsung has released its Q2 financial guidance and the profits of the market leaders are projected to be $8.33 billion, a new record and an impressive $3 billion improvement over the same quarter last year. As, one can expect, the strong sales of the company's flagship smartphone, the Galaxy...

 

Sort by:

samsung ur gowing down ,mmy friends all like windows fone now .........nokia is best

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-11 12:53
  • ut{G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-09 14:42 from fXt8 - click to read"Samsung has not been innovative, the only diffrence between the GS3 and GS4 are a few minor tweaks to hardware and software. They have not come up with anything new. In my opinion, HTC has been the most innovative recently, bringing in quite a few new and unique features and trrademarks, even though they are a relatively small company. This can change, but it will need time and Samsung and Apple need to go back to the thinking board and create some unique products that they can add to their smartphones..."

-Sir Anonymous, sorry but I cant help myself thinkin that you really sound like an HTC Fanboy here.. or a "paid keyboard warrior" to place a comment like that in here..

How dare you say "They have not come up with anything new" where theres air gesture and smart pause/scroll?

And isnt it a part of moving up from S3 to S4 that they tweak the hardware and software up one level?
What are you expecting for the S4? that it will have keyboard projector or something? get real man ^_^

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-10 01:17
  • 9Lbi

Samsung has not been innovative, the only diffrence between the GS3 and GS4 are a few minor tweaks to hardware and software. They have not come up with anything new. In my opinion, HTC has been the most innovative recently, bringing in quite a few new and unique features and trrademarks, even though they are a relatively small company. This can change, but it will need time and Samsung and Apple need to go back to the thinking board and create some unique products that they can add to their smartphones...

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-09 14:42
  • fXt8

> In reply to Kavallerie @ 2013-07-05 14:43 from XrmB - click to read"What people have to realize is that Samsung's profits this quarter beat their previous record... that alone means that things are going well.

The Galaxy S4 is becoming a very common smartphone and I think Q3 and Q4 will see the Galaxy S4 sales skyrocket because more people will be getting of contract. And the iPhone 5S will not impress as always (pretty much the same technology as the Galaxy S4 but with a smaller screen, and less screen resolution).

Then you have the anti-Samsung fanboys who like to troll forums and sites like this. Samsung is the most reliable smartphone manufacturer, period. See what Apple did with iOS 6? iPhone users were forced to download Google maps and navigation software because Apple maps was buggy with glitches and bugs everywhere. And a 4 inch screen in 2013? Come on... only true Apple fanboys would buy the iPhone 5.

And HTC just got roflstomped once again with their Q2 results. A decrease in net profit, revenue and sales. This is not the same situation that Samsung is in. Samsung actually increased in net profit, revenue and sales.

The difference between Samsung and HTC?

Samsung = a huge company with diversification and can afford marketing

HTC = relatively tiny company with no diversification and can not afford marketing

So most people know what a Samsung Galaxy is, however not as many people know what a HTC is.

The difference between Samsung and Apple?

Samsung = manufacturer of both hardware and smartphones

Apple = designer of smartphones (manufacturing done by Chinese company FoxConn).

It is certain that Samsung will overtake Apple in profits. They already exceed them in revenue and sales. Apple just makes more money because the average American is an iSheep. "


-you nailed it ^_^
I finally found a comment worth reading and packs a lot of sense.. Nothin can't get righter than this.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-09 01:08
  • 9Lbi

Samsung smartphone is not 'smart' and it's crack!

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-08 08:40
  • tnMU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-06 09:21 from GT6G - click to readAnd only now Apple realizes that?!! All of the other mobile brands did that almost since the beginning...that's why exists the expressions for High, mid and low end smartphones.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-07 18:47
  • Mqx$

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-07 00:07 from 3dv5 - click to readSamsung makes laptops, computer screens, Mp3 players, SmartTVs, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Smartphones, Tablets, Air conditioners, Music Stations (connections through bluetooth, computer, pen, android and iPhone), Rams, Gpu's, acessories, and so on and on...anything you imagine, samsung covers it...so, you maybe right, they have nothing to do with Apple...Samsung covers and leads more markets than them x)

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-07 18:41
  • Mqx$

samsung is a leading on mobile company n awsome fither provied to the coustmer.congs samsung to achive ur tagt.samsung s4 is a flagship modal in indian market.good

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-07 09:16
  • vGY5

Samsung phones are the best overall but they need to get smarter they make to many sub phones when a company figure out that they need to make 7 different styles or less and make them according to people affordable pockets companies will sell 3 times what they sell its call smart marketing based on common sense good phones last4years not months like companies pushing them out to the consumers Note 2 specs great specs greater then the note 2 no more then over kill4a smartphone

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-07 00:27
  • IEUj

> In reply to Kavallerie @ 2013-07-05 14:43 from XrmB - click to readWhat are you on about? Apple makes home computers, workstations, ipods, ipads and phones. They also make some of the best Operating Systems and Software in the business.

Samsung makes Mobile Handsets for Google and Washing Machines...

Where is the relation between the two companies???

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-07 00:07
  • 3dv5

Fanboys unite!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 23:16
  • DQn8

Chinese and Indian phones are going to headaches to Samsung because they are unbelievable price and quality.Iphone is the most expensive but no wow features as compare to price so it is losing faith of people and falling down. Samsung is just ok .

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 18:00
  • ttvv

> In reply to Kavallerie @ 2013-07-05 14:43 from XrmB - click to readWell said! I wonder why many out there cannot digest this simple fact. By I think at the moment, Sony is also in the right track and they may surpass tiny companies like HTC.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 16:21
  • DBAh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-05 21:20 from ajUm - click to readAlso, when a company gets huge in terms of units sold and revenue, how do you continue 2x, 3x, 4x growth? You can't. Look at Microsoft and windows. There's a limit and then growth becomes incremental.

So how big is Samsung's smartphone business now? It's easier to grow from making a hundreds of thousands phones a year to millions, but to go from tens of millions to hundreds of millions? Not so easy.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 09:26
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-05 17:51 from RN5y - click to readThat is not news. All high end smartphone companies (and I do mean all) know that the demand for high-end smartphones is weakening with the exception of a few markets.

This is why you see Apple coming out with a lower cost model (that is just a marketing gimmick because all accounts are that it will still high cost, just not as expensive as the 5s) and the Chinese companies packing more features in lower cost Android phones.

These companies need to have a plan B or expect to get clobbered. Regardless, margins are going to go down on these phones as choices increase on high end phones.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 09:21
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-05 11:33 from th3b - click to readThat's right. They did the same thing to Apple.

Reading a few of the comments I see that there are people who have no understanding about who employs the Analysts...no, it's not Samsung or Apple or any of the companies who actually sell phone products. That should give you a clue about how much you should listen to these guys unless you invest in stocks.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 09:13
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-05 16:15 from TRJK - click to readLOL @ haters missing the point that expectations are set by Wall Street Analyst types who only care about stock prices and how to make money for their firms.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 09:07
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-05 17:51 from RN5y - click to readI am glad that someone actually read different sources :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 04:01
  • TRJK

Apple already has slowed down and their last profit was actually a decrease from the previous year.

Do you know why Apple's share price tumbled like 70% in the past year?

Apple is not what it used to be in 2011 and 2012.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-06 01:59
  • XrmB

The answer is simple really: The Galaxy S3.
In the U.S., many people are locked into 2-year agreements. You can pay your way out to get a new phone but why would you if the phone you have is already good? The same thing is happening to Apple. The reason why the iPhone 5 is not selling too much is because most people still have the 4S. Those that have the Galaxy S2 and iPhone 4 will get the biggest upgrades with today's phones. If you have a Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S then it would be better to wait until next year.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-05 22:24
  • jMIa

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.