News - Reader comments

Motorola X appears in white through a new press image

21 July, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Motorola X appears in white through a new press image - read the full textWe already know that, Motorola X will be officially unveiled on August 1 in New York. The press image and specifications of the upcoming device from Motorola has already been leaked and we now have another press render, which shows the smartphone in a white paintjob. Additionally, a new image...

 

Sort by:

  • sajan singh rajpuroh
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to motomoto2 @ 2013-07-23 08:40 from TbEN - click to readsooo good

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-02 06:31
  • vwes

This phone is awesomeeeeeeeeee.....that's all I am gonna say!

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-23 08:40
  • TbEN

Looks good. Hope it's cheap than overrated S4

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-23 06:10
  • IaHc

wow! awesome specs 2GB at dual core 1.7ghz! this is great than those quad cores. now i know why apple and motorola wont release quad cores yet. i suspect if they release quad cores then ram would be 4GB. just a thought though pls respect.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-23 01:09
  • PB%b

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-22 18:58 from t1$B - click to readBut we are getting off topic here mate, the simple fact is that somebody asked why are phones getting non removable batteries and why are they harder to open, and all this NSA and prism spy stuff that has been all over the news around the world over the last few months has NOTHING to do with batteries and components. it is a totally different subject, show me your link to back up your claim regarding the NSA and non removable batteries because it is otherwise just scaremongering, show me this link, as I cannot find it, and i will accept your argument otherwise the two are completely separate

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 20:16
  • 3a@P

very very hot all time fabrate

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 19:33
  • ut6j

> In reply to geordie81 @ 2013-07-22 10:15 from 3a@P - click to readActually you just knew it because i told you to Google about the connection of Android and NSA. The National Security Agency has obtained direct access to the systems of Google, Facebook, Apple and other US internet giants, according to a top secret document obtained by the Guardian.

The NSA access is part of a previously undisclosed program called Prism, which allows officials to collect material including search history, the content of emails, file transfers and live chats, the document says. NSA has been writing codes for Android since 2011 and even if Google claims the codes are turned off, on first note, why NSA would even write codes for Android which is turned off? Think about it. Google, itself, has been found guilty of tracking your emails in court. You may believe the codes are turned off but why would the codes be even written for it if it was to turn off. NSA, the goverment in other words, and Google can claim anything to deny they don't spy but in reality they do. Your private data such as: contact list, incoming and outgoing messages, calls, your thumbnails data, emails, call log, browsing history, live chats, what you've downloaded today, your entire cloud storage etc., goes to NSA. They know you better than anyone else. Moto X has a feature that the mic will be always open, so whatever you say goes to NSA. You see, in your file manager in DCIM directory there is a .thumbnails named folder in which all your thumbnails of your pictures, videos stays, they all go to NSA once you're connected with Wifi. NSA is soon gaining access to dropbox and many other file sharing or cloud storing sites so that they can use all your files. There are caches created in the file manager inside a particular you use a broswer which contains data like what you downloaded and from which site, your search results, history. The cache file is so small in digital size, around 1 kb to 30 kb that it goes straight to NSA even when you're on a poor network. Now, some phones functions even when it is switched off, esps. for auto updating the date and time but when your data connection is on and the phone is switched off then your personal data stored in unsupported file type ranging from 1 kb to at least 2 mb directly goes to NSA. I don't need to tell you more. Read this. Beijing is dubious about the NSA’s stated aims, especially after news that the US agency hacked millions of Chinese SMS messages and is working closely with American technology firms.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 18:58
  • t1$B

Why not snapdragon 600/800? Qualcomm is controlling their processor sales like some organizations controlling diamond market price. Produce more so we all can have a taste. Intel wins people by selling cheap & fast processor, but lost in phone processor.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 17:27
  • KZ8P

> In reply to Scoop @ 2013-07-22 15:23 from XNtq - click to readplus you say i am having a hard time digesting this fact, please show me what the facts are, because as far as the internet is concerned, the NSA code written into google phones has NOTHING to do with spying tech to intercept peoples emails, calls, texts etc, so again this was a nonsense answer.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 15:43
  • 39x{

> In reply to Scoop @ 2013-07-22 15:23 from XNtq - click to readwell if you know how to use such a thing as google, and read my follow up post in regards to it explained my sole reasoning behind it, the person who asked the question about batteries was give a complete load of nonsense answer as to why build quality and non remvable batteries are present in more phones, and the answer was given that it was because of the NSA, RUBBISH, fact, phones with non removable batteries have been present since earlier days before smartphones, and apple have built all their phones with built in batteries, there are a number of reasons why this is done, mainly to aid in build quality, strength, thickness, less prone to faults due to the usage of 3rd party batteries, that have been known to cause fatalities due to explosions, (google it).
the NSA has had code written into the nexus devices and it has also been turned off in three other phone makers, but what he said in regards to how phones are designed is NONESENSE

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 15:36
  • 39x{

> In reply to geordie8t1 @ 2013-07-21 23:35 from 3a@P - click to readI find it very amusing that you can dismiss such a proposition put forth just like that. Why does it sound so outlandish to you.....or it is beyond your capability of reasoning & thinking that you are having a great deal of difficulty digesting the fact...

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 15:23
  • XNtq

> In reply to geordie81 @ 2013-07-22 13:50 from 39x{ - click to readnokia(and apple) atleast investigated the explosions,after which most of the victims accepted that they were using cheap batteries,apple is still trying to find the problem(they say it's because of fake chargers,but still can't prove it),and samsung is doing nothing about it....anyways people have different opinions,i personaly prefer a device which is sturdy even at the expense of slight thickness,and htc one was one of the best looking phone of the year,and s4 looked pretty much like s3 to me,though as i've said as before opinions differ......you like samsung's built quality,i don't...case closed :-)

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 14:15
  • Xu9q

> In reply to iron-man @ 2013-07-22 12:53 from XuD4 - click to readSorry, i read my comment there, i was not meaning to say you were wrong, but you just were not completely accurate, in your targetting of samsung or apple, the victims of all the devices are have said to been using BRAND new devices including the nokia's and iphones that have KILLED people, nearly all have been due to dodgey batteries and/or chargers, the newest claims are under investigation, i do however find it strange that all of a sudden there are loads of samsungs and apples exploding.
I have an s4 and do not consider it of poor build quality at all, it is SUPER light for its size and is pretty resilient at not scratching, dropped twice from pocket height to wood floor, luckily no edge contact yet(so far at least) i do not see any problem with a manufacturer using plastics/polycarbonates or whatever if it keeps the size and weight down, that is not to say that the material used could not be engineered differently, i am always open to change if it improves my day to day experience, i am actually more concerned about the amount of bloatware on samsung devices any day because for me this is more important, yes to some people the s4 maybe the ugly duckling, but one persons view does not equate to anybody elses, look and feel of a device changes from person to person, I personally really dislike the HTC one in silver, it looks tacky, in black it looks pretty nice though.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 13:50
  • 39x{

> In reply to geordie81 @ 2013-07-22 12:31 from 39x{ - click to readexploding nokia were all proven to be because of third party counterfiet batteries,whereas many of the samsung explosions,the victims said they were using brand new devices,besides the incidents are much more in no. by samsung when compared to others....if you can google it,plz have the decency to the read the news before saying my info is wrong...
...
anyhow the argument was about quality of a samsung products,and if an oem's phone explode,break in a single drop,look cheap and are not very reliable,it's baseless the argument over it's quality......

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 12:53
  • XuD4

> In reply to iron-man @ 2013-07-22 11:01 from Xu9R - click to readwhile i am not an apple fan you also need to get your info correct, apple and samsung are the worlds 2 leading companies and as such draw attention when either of them blinks wrong but over the years plenty of phones have unexpectedly exploded, just google individual phone makers and see the results, all makers from sharp to lg to motorola to samsung and apple have experienced some explosive units at some point, iphone, sharp, and nokia have actually killed people from the explosions to the head according to reports, often it is due to faulty batteries or 3rd party chargers with incorrect voltage protection etc. so generally to suggest that it is because of samsung or apples chips is way of the mark.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 12:31
  • 39x{

If they release this at a price of 400euro then why should anyone buy it when they can get the oppo find5 32gb for 430euro or something else. The price for this Moto phone should be aggressive if they want it to sell.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 11:31
  • Fht4

> In reply to You heard me @ 2013-07-22 05:11 from v3BS - click to readoh come on..I am iron man...i know what quality is,you can call htc one,xperia z or lumia 925 quality but samsung s4?nope,never,no one says samsung has quality,they use "hyper glaze" which is no way near the quality of aluminium or polycarbonate,it even looks cheaper.......

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 11:08
  • Xu9R

I'm very supprised that so many people are thinking that Moto will only release the X phone with Mid range specs but forget that the X will be release followed surly with the Killer X phone device in december. In fact Google is not really fighting Samsung but iPhone.

Knowing that upcoming iphone are preparing a low price device, Google created the X phone low price but with best experience ever. Still an advance X phone will come to compete with the like Note 3, iPhone 5S and more...

Google and Moto are so powerful enough to make a mid range phone like to compete with real High end range phone.

Still many will be suprise from the result the Xphone will provide.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 11:06
  • 9JZX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-22 06:16 from MWWK - click to readyeah,it is not coincidence that those are the only two manufactures whose phones are reported to be exploding and hurting people....
www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2359281/Explo­ding-Samsung-Galaxy-phone-leaves-teenager-degree­-burns-smelling-like-burnt-pig.html
asia.cnet.com/apple-iphone-5-explodes-during-pho­ne-call-in-thailand-62220816.htm
LOL!!!!!!!!!You should try again buddy.....

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 11:01
  • Xu9R

I love motorola, Always have been a fan and Since they again started making smartphones always Admired their engineering and knew that they are the Iphone of the Android world .Built right ,strong , fast , efficient .The only difference with IPhone would be that they are much cheaper,Better ,Longer battery life ,nicer and Sleeker perfomance
However one thing that I have a problem with is that they are not marketing in the Uk and also they again have not provided a full HD phone .
I hope that they make changes

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-22 10:37
  • H5CL

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.