News - Reader comments

Kantar: Android still leads in the US but iOS catches up

30 July, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Kantar: Android still leads in the US but iOS catches up - read the full textGoogle's Android continues to lead in one of the most important smartphones market, accounting for 51.5% of all smartphone sales in United States in the past quarter. The report comes from the popular research firm, Kantar Worldpanel. However, the green robot's share has shrunk compared to the...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-31 07:46 from Px{h - click to readNo matter wat samsung or any other android company does ..they still cant beat apple in any way ..i seen people switching frm andriods to ios ..never seen the reverse of it ....thnx ..

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-09 20:46
  • 7qEV

Please acknowledge: Android is a diverse grouping of organizations, each with their own pet implementation of seperately assembled OS's. Android Device Hardware is a seperate outcome of a small groups choice, as opposed to an established blueprint to follow. No real elsewhere can you add up various components to measure as "one" with no other purpose than to acknowledge the proven leader. Apple is but one organization, a software company with a singular operating system incorporated into a uniqe hardware product. bemused=games+android+droid+google+HTC+Sumsung

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-01 20:52
  • Af99

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-31 07:46 from Px{h - click to readsure..buddyboy sure

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 18:47
  • nvyD

I can't quite figure out why I have to read about important information related to my industry in a general purpose rag like the USA Today. Note As of today: July 31.2013, Google's Android Play Apps surpassed Apple. This is inevitable, but still a cause for joy.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/...ore/2602945/

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 18:46
  • 7xFs

i think so too, that apple cannot catch up with android globally

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 17:50
  • fuNc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-31 07:46 from Px{h - click to readThe difference in most is due to system wide restriction on IOS so most of the time it does not mess up quite as much. However millions of people will deny the existence of any such problems.

With Android you nearly have full system access out of box and with heavier usage a little more weight is noticeable, but not by major means. However unlike IOS not only do people admit these problems, but they are greatly exaggerated.

IOS does not have superb software. Just good and excessively restricted software. And they are still using advanced GPU's.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 11:58
  • 4QSR

> In reply to davidcs @ 2013-07-30 06:42 from 8RHX - click to readif u ever used android, and u didnt feel lag... it means gud
but it also means that u didnt fully utilize the gadget.
i have try several android and apple gadget
in my experience, if i use for heavy games, apple beats the android where apple gadget is smoother
i realize apple gadget is lower spec than s4 or else
but because apple use ios, it beats android gadget
because of the software, u will feel smoother in playing heavy games

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 07:46
  • Px{h

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 17:25 from DQm8 - click to readYou're not thinking about it sensibly. That's because Android offers choice and people can pick many different ones. That's why. It's a flexible OS with a choice of hardware and design.
Now imagine if the S4 or the One were the only Androids around. They would potentially leave Iphone miles behind in the dust

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 04:08
  • 4QSR

> In reply to harlekkin @ 2013-07-30 13:25 from XrKn - click to readI wouldn't even say that. You buy Apple for the name and the "idea"

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 04:05
  • 4QSR

As my nickname might hint, I hate Apple big time for so many reasons.
BUT, boy oh boy, do I hope the rumoured iPhart mini is real! If it is, 70% US share, here comes iPhcrap!
And, probably, close to 50% in the rest of the developed world. And probably around 20-30% in the crappy countries as well.
This is gonna be so much fun to watch...
I'm just sorry for what will happen to Windows Phone, which I currently use because it's really pretty and has live tiles.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 20:54
  • LaKG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 17:25 from DQm8 - click to readwell go ahead and try with Samsung...

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 19:34
  • 6t48

Hmmmmmmm, when you look at it, it means iPhone vs all other Android phones. Wow. So if we pick the sales of juz one Android phone company and compare it to iPhone, that company would look like s**t, hahaha. But thats juz in the US though.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 17:25
  • DQm8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 11:09 from PGXj - click to readyou just said it yourself
iOS vs Android
iPhone vs All Android devices
nuff said
no need to argue that iPhone is only one phone that uses iOS, boo hoo
if it's a battle of OS's then all phones should be considered.
Now if you were to take it as a phone battle per se
then, you can say iPhone vs SGS 4 or whatever.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 13:46
  • 9xk9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 09:09 from 4QSR - click to readYes, it's all about choice. And a good proposition.

Apple's end-to-end service is what sets it apart from Samsung & Co. People buy Apple for the service proposition which goes beyond just the phone itself.

You don't get that with anyone else.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 13:25
  • XrKn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 10:53 from 9xk9 - click to readThe key of your comment is the "if". like Apple would allow the other use their os.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 12:19
  • PFxh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 10:53 from 9xk9 - click to readGood point. But not feasible.

But no matter how you look at it.. its still tons of OSs/brands vs one product/os.

iOS vs (Android favors.. touchwiz/motoblur/sense/xperia/etc etc..)
iPhone vs other brands

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 11:09
  • PGXj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 06:49 from 9x16 - click to readif other manufacturers were to create their version of iPhone, like, say, Sony or Samsung, do you think that the Apple version would be the only one sold??
Same thing with Blackberry as their OS is their own.
some people needs common sense here.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 10:53
  • 9xk9

i like androd i phone

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 10:34
  • 9EBR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 03:12 from IaHc - click to readIs not always, but is in this case.
In a case to prove your point is Iphone being the most sold phone.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 09:12
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 03:22 from IaHc - click to readPlain does not equal perfect. And Jelly bean is very polished and looks great. You are such a fanboy around here.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 09:11
  • 4QSR

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.