News - Reader comments

HTC expects 30% decrease in revenue in Q3

30 July, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
HTC expects 30% decrease in revenue in Q3 - read the full textThere was some disagreement between analysts of how HTC will perform in Q3 Wall Street was looking at flat growth quarter on quarter, while Australian firm Macquarie Securities predicted a 15-20% drop in sales due to lower HTC One demand (HTC's main money maker). It turns out Macquarie was...

 

Sort by:

No need of external sd card or removable batteries ...32gb s enuf...and fr d sake of batteries ,,,u nw av external portable battery bar and even charging case...its Bitch old style changing batteries...
All Htc needs to do to increase its sales is IPS or super AMOLED 1080p display,and gv a better camera,and fast updates and improve d marketing skills...!!!otherwise butterfly s a nice fone !!!im using a Htc one x !!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-28 05:34
  • XuQn

What else can you expect when you stop giving support to your models in less than a year! They really need to think hard and not drive customers away to other manufacturers. Very disappointing from them.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 23:40
  • bCHx

Today we turn to Sony?
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_t...ews-6500.php

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-01 15:16
  • mRtV

What would expect? they introduce a product and it takes over two months to hit the market. Any sound business would not operate in such a manner. HTC was once the darling of mobile phone users but today its dying slowly. The guys in taiwan should revisit the way they operate.Probably they should first clean up before they start flooding the market with illusional phones (HTC One)and illusional updates that take months to reach handset owners

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-01 08:35
  • ftIZ

For several years have they launched phones without card slots and for the same time lost markets and profits.

Their biggest success where the Desire line of phones which had both replaceable batteries and a card slots.

I do not even bother checking out the HTC lines of phones anymore when needing a new phone, you know that they don¨t come with a card slot.

HTC seems to want to be a looser.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 22:51
  • TuhJ

Updates for more smartphones and longer period, overlay cant slow phone, unblock bootloader, removable battery, card slot, more interesting phones in low and midd with good price, better camera...HTC need to listen to consumer ;)

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 20:09
  • mEJS

> In reply to Mr. R Sole @ 2013-07-31 13:30 from MVg6 - click to readToday, HTC has a tendency to fall tomorrow may be another company. So it is with marketing and today's unstable world economy ... Just yesterday, Motorola and Nokia were cutting costs by closing branches.
Well, I see no reason to stupid haha ...

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 17:26
  • mRXF

> In reply to dladz @ 2013-07-31 13:11 from 98Hh - click to readHaha, HTC is a sinking ship

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 13:30
  • MVg6

best phone you can buy, fact, best looking phone there ever has been fact. I find it such a shame that HTC aren't doing as well, because lets be honest, Android would never have been where it is today without them, we owe HTC a lot.

The hate i see on these posts are ridiculous, sammy, iphone or even android in general has a lot to thank HTC for, remember that next time you lot decide to slag them off.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 13:11
  • 98Hh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-31 08:12 from 9Fhr - click to readIn any smartphone batteries can be exchanged.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceHw6mezG60
HTC One X you can easily replace the battery of HTC One X + and then with 1800ah we 2100mAh battery.
The question of a bit of manual skills and desire. As for the connector slot on my smartphone is not. It is not need, because my is 32 Gb. Everyone buys according to their own needs. as long May Aple iPhone. There's no crying and did not complain. Everyone happy and praised to the skies. Only here, a group of malcontents and weeping women.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 12:33
  • mRXF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-30 22:49 from ajU7 - click to readagree to Nokia makes the best pictures of phones because it has the most features very advanced optics. Carl Zeiss. The transmitter in the phone saves sooo picture that gets the optics.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 12:23
  • mRXF

> In reply to Chris @ 2013-07-30 19:33 from vLxk - click to readThe digital SLR CMOS sensors are about the size of 35mm. So full frame. and what size are the pickups on your smartphone? even the 13 megapixel. Already I say 4.8 - 5.3 mm so what quality will be a photo from your smart phone which is supposedly 13 Megapixel camera with transmitter seven times smaller thus quality reproduction of the ... and what is the size of the file after saving this photo? Because the poor quality already, for example, digital SLR Nikon D90 12.4 megapixels. image has a size of 9-11 MB.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 12:18
  • mRXF

> In reply to The Cosmicist @ 2013-07-30 21:31 from 7F7v - click to readMy last HTC had both removable battery and SD slot and haven't bought one since although I really like the ONE. It matters to more people than you think.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 08:12
  • 9Fhr

> In reply to BULA BENIS @ 2013-07-30 13:29 from pqyd - click to readYes Xperia Z, any problem? If you say it's cheap, I say it's value for money.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 06:25
  • vpHA

all u need is a updated and big wide screen HTC and not too much costly ! everything else is perfect with ur htc one !
As for the External mem. card ppl screaming letme tell u ... " WE DONT NEED EXTERNAL MEMORY CARD ! WE ARE ALOT HAPPY WITH 32 gb :) "

Just dnt forget to bring updates for HTC one on time as i have bought it :S and scared if not having updates =/

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 06:11
  • 3AUa

They should consider going back to becoming OEM for other brands.

Consider creating a candy bar style phone from durable materials under a different brand name.

Lastly, wean themselves away from Android.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 06:06
  • S6$$

> In reply to Ehyeh @ 2013-07-31 02:24 from vxX6 - click to readNot true.

iOS have no need for sdcard slot because it does not fit its working paradigm. Its app centric (sandbox), having a removal card will only add confusion and errors once people exceed its internal storage.

Android have a neeed for sdcard slot because:
1. Its internal storage is generally lower, as retailers tends to buy the cheaper versions to avoid loss and increase profit. So the sd card slot compliments it.
2. Android make use of PC paradigms, all application can make use of the same central source of data, making the swapping of cards easy and error free.

HTC going the path of apple will only hurt themselves.. they should play to the strength of android.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 04:04
  • PGXj

> In reply to The Cosmicist @ 2013-07-30 21:31 from 7F7v - click to readApple can get away with it just because of the name Apple

unlike say HTC, nonremovable battery without external memory. might as well go with Apple

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 02:24
  • vxX6

After returning 2 HTC ONE back with manufacturing problems I can expect what other people suffer too.
No wonder the decrease till they know how to manufacture and expensive piece to People.

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-31 02:10
  • HxYi

Just as Apple sales is low so HTC as well i hope this taught alot of people many of these analyst are biased so will push the Phone they love no matter what eg go read BGR thats an Apple Blog who bash Blackberry Nokia Samsung everyday

  • Reply
  • 2013-07-30 23:03
  • jxXT

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.