Anonymous, 04 Aug 2013In my opinion, the play store country restriction also contributes to the lower revenue. Some ... moreIt's ok. Don't let people fool you. Jailbreak users love Cydia....Even though it can be a nightmare....and people complain about Android.
I love how every iOS verse Android people comment that Apple make more revenue ... Apple products cost more so therefore are better ... Apple makes more profit and has more money in the bank ... seriously who are you stupid people...?
Where does this revenue come from? Who is it that pays for these products? Where does the profits and money in the bank come from????
YOU !!! why are you so proud of paying more than others and paying so much in general. Are your ego's so big that you like to gloat .. Oh look at me I have money blah blah. I could spend $1Mil on a Camry - does that put me in the same league as a Porche owner. No .. it makes me an idiot.
In my opinion, the play store country restriction also contributes to the lower revenue. Some countries still do not allow users to purchase apps through the play store, so it could lead users to pirate them instead.
Lol Japan and Korea are so high on Android's revenue because of stickers in Line and Kakao.
Hard Facts, 03 Aug 20131. Google does not decide on the price, its the developers. And they know "better" w... moreTry not misleading people over your jealousy. Android is quality so stop lying. It also did not specifically say launchers....but obviously people use launchers. Because they can. DUH?! You cant on IOS so your comment makes no sense. Get over youself
apple app revenue is high because you need to pay for free android apps on apple store
The mother of "Hard Facts" and "True Facts" couldn't even name her babies right: they should be named "Hard Rants" and "True Rants".
This news simply shows that apple getting rotten everyday, they are going downhill while android climbing up.
to everyone flaming about malware ... its not malware when you agree to it in the terms. simples.
you are agreeing they can take your data, and use hw features of your phone (like mic and camera).
antivirus will not pick it up because it is legal as you said yes to it.
1. Google does not decide on the price, its the developers. And they know "better" ways to take money from people who refuse to payup or hack their way for their applications.
2. Google never monitor released apps proactively, its up to developers to save-keep their applications and login to the developer's console to upload new versions.
3. You never know if an application has compromised and taken your personal information until someone post bad stuff in the review section as cause of (2).
4. 99% of mobile time is spend only in applications only, (unless your wasting time scrolling aimlessly in the launcher). So quality applications always comes first.. and increase the chance people are willing to buy application. What makes a phone desirable is the applications. Android comes in second because of the quality.
5. The release of "rooted" applications also shows the loop-hold and risk app store have, some people will unwillingly brick their devices if they are not careful.
6. App Store's sales shows people are interested in multimedia consumption, and gaming. While Play Store is concentrated on worthless Tools, launcher live-wallpaper , eye candy and gaming.
True Facts, 02 Aug 2013Android developers know their customers will not pay up, because most of them are young kids o... moreThat is simply not true. What Android gives consumers are free apps but having said that you can only enjoy premium feature if you decided to pay and support developers. Hence, you don't have to pay for every apps coz you have the option to enjoy app without paying if premium feature are not necessary for you. I think Android give more choices than Apple and that is a good thing.
Its obvious that Apple app store gets more revenue.Most of the apps on the app store are paid whereas in case of play store, the numbers is comparatively less and also paid apps can be obtained for free easily.
Hard facts, 02 Aug 2013Android method of asking for permission is not good compared to iOS. Why? 1. They are gene... moreThe reason why people are confused is because they do not even have sufficient knowledge to construct sentences properly. If people cannot even construct sentences correctly, such as SOME people pointing out things they are not even aware of, then how would they be able to understand what the permissions are for.
It would be interesting to know what the cut is for Apple and Google in the sales of the apps and games and what the developer sees in pocket. Also what are the typical costs for a user for the data due to in-app adverts for free apps? A sample of the top apps can be looked at.
True Facts, 02 Aug 2013Android developers know their customers will not pay up, because most of them are young kids o... moreYour so funny i bought my gs 4 whic is more expensive then i phone..ppl dont like i phone coz its booorrrringg!!!!how can u judge ppl income over some borrriiiinnng!! i phone whic cost 299 i bet ur a 10 years old kid so u bettery go play with your toys;)
Anonymous, 02 Aug 2013I believe before you even install the app you get a full screen window asking if you agree of ... moreAndroid method of asking for permission is not good compared to iOS.
1. They are general permission, does not give what EXACTLY is taken or used. For example: Read Phone Status could mean MAC address/ Sim Phone number etc etc..
2. They are asked before taking, so you have no idea how and when your information will be taken. (compared to iOS, where they ask at the moment something is needed, so you know generally what the application is doing)
3. They lead to customer's confusing. The permissions sound dangerous, and discourage user(sometimes users are too "smart" for themselves and dare not download legit applications)
4. There are some very powerful permissions required, which most people give without thinking to third party launchers, like nova which can read your widget details, sms / mms. And its up to those company to safeguard their own code, which people can hack and upload fake updates.
"However, the iOS store still brings in 2.3x more revenue than the Google реpository."
Apple fans, you made Apple the richest company and they have too much many they don't know how to waste!!!
They just spent recently over 5 billions dollars and they might spend 2 more on a stupid building ... A BUILDING!
oh and their fancy lawyers!!!
Anonymous, 02 Aug 2013Yeah whatever whatever. Google doesn't review applications manually and developers gets their ... moreI believe before you even install the app you get a full screen window asking if you agree of the access rights the app is going to need, right? It's either you do not know how to read, or your mind is just incapable of comprehending those.
And about your facebook app "blah", why do you not have the facebook app on your droid? Perhaps you got your droid rooted? So, if you got your droid rooted, then that should mean that you understand the risks of it? Hmmm...