News - Reader comments

Canalys: Apple may really need that plastic iPhone in China

06 August, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Canalys: Apple may really need that plastic iPhone in China - read the full textAccording to shipment info gathered by the analysts over at Canalys, Apple's smartphone share in China is at 4.8% with a total of 4.3 million device shipments. As a result, Apple has fallen from the fifth down to the seventh overall spot in the manufacturer's ranking for Q3...

 

Sort by:

so a brand of phone more optimised for the eastern market beat a phone brand the is tapered toward the western market, in an eastern country. im struggling to find the news here

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-07 03:26
  • yVgU

> In reply to frh @ 2013-08-06 20:20 from uu$5 - click to readExcept for Sharp, Lenovo and Motorola, all the other manufactures had just as much presence in the store as Apple. In terms of display space, HTC, Samsung, Sony and LG all had more display space than Apple. Even Blackberry had about the same amount of display space as Apple.

So not sure what your point is because it seems there is no point.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-07 03:21
  • GT6G

It make sense really, chinese buy chinese products, just like americans buy their own

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-07 03:02
  • Npxb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-06 18:36 from t1$B - click to readThat's one of the most ignorant, ill informed comment I've seen. Linux pre-dates Java and is based upon UNIX.

Someone should take whatever device your using away from you until you learn not to post stupid comments.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-07 02:34
  • GT6G

let's not talk lag , we talking about plastic , iphone c - cheap + plastic = iplastic iphone

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-07 02:01
  • YhdC

Hardware requirements are less for iOS than Android.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-07 01:59
  • HD%L

> In reply to akokokoko @ 2013-08-06 21:56 from theZ - click to readPersonally I don't like that android phones don't receive too many oficial updates.Samsung I900 Galaxy S went only from 2.1 to 2.3,Iphone 3GS went from IOS 3 to 6. Also the fact that cheap android phones don't lag is the best lie I ever heard:))
And also I like how people keep comparing "1000 phones"(don't have any idea on the actual number of android phones on the market) from many companies against 2-3 phones on sales:))

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 23:35
  • sp4Y

> In reply to akokokoko @ 2013-08-06 21:56 from theZ - click to readNo Samsung S4 actually it does judder and stutter sometimes lags..Iphone consistently consistent, consistantly.Anyway who cares its your money your using it buy the smartphone/dumbphone which SUITES YOU best..

The best smartphone on the planet is the one that suites your needs and is within your budget,,your money and your the one going to use it no-one else actually cares..I don't see microwave oven obssessives or camera obssessives going round checking my microwave or camera and same thing happens with whatever phone you buy,,who cares its a box of silicon chips.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 22:58
  • TkMi

Great WP is dead in China :)

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 22:42
  • 3srY

i have been an android user since froyo was out, aside from my old Froyo tablet, i have not seen this "android lag" apple users are so keen on commenting, and i have not owned any high-end phone flagship phones,

c'mon die-hard iphone users(note:DIE HARD), i know it's hard to accept the fact that your very expensive iphone is outdated both in aesthetics and functionality, but IT IS, you can throw all those "samsung is cheap plastic" and "android lags because of fragmentation" crap all day, but are those cheap shots still applicable? or are they based on older android versions and now are as outdated as the iphone design??

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 21:56
  • theZ

So Samsung beat Apple again! Also where are the hypocries who always bitching and bashing Samsung because is made of Plastic why dont they complain hahahaha by the way it stiill wont be cheap wait for the cost

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 21:00
  • jxXT

> In reply to ReyB @ 2013-08-06 17:38 from PTFR - click to readApple already past its peak. It will not gain traction in China.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 20:51
  • YeDh

"Apple may really need that plastic iPhone in China"

Can GSMarena explain us, why the cheap iphone must be PLASTIC?
The production price of S4 (and even old S3)is much higher than iphone 5. So, the cheap ALUMINUM tin-can, don't affect the production price, at all . Right.
Apple only will loose with this dirty marketing trick.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 20:41
  • n7RF

Atleast Apple has some presence, whereas companies like Nokia, Sony, HTC, LG, Motorola, Blackberry are among 'others'.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 20:20
  • uu$5

Hopefully Apple will use the Red Rice quad core processor in their next iphone.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 19:53
  • 3WPv

nice samsung

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 19:33
  • 9CvG

Apple not only need cheaper iphone but better spec phones otherwise many apple market will be taken by android as they are better spec n larger screen.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 19:33
  • 6%bN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-06 18:36 from t1$B - click to readI guess its just down which android you own, as i can't say ive seen this lag people keep on talking about. WP OS does run very smooth, but its got to many restriction on the end user to be a real choice for my self for now.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 19:16
  • mX8U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-06 18:36 from t1$B - click to readThe lag on Samsung is because of their buggy touch-wiz overlay & not cos of Android. Vanilla android phones don't lag

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 19:10
  • 2SPG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-06 17:37 from GT6G - click to readYou checked them for 15 minutes and your conclusion is Android doesn't lag? Lol. Android is based on linux and not pure linux and it is written in Java which is a buggy language and lags even on PC. I can believe WP8 and iOS devices don't lag but after having five Android phones which all shared a common thing called lag, i simply can't trust anymore. The lag is way more prominent on Samsung Android phones than any other Android devices.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-06 18:36
  • t1$B

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.