News - Reader comments

AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 is now available for $250 from Amazon

10 August, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 is now available for $250 from Amazon - read the full textEver since Nokia officially unveiled the Lumia 1020 cameraphone, the 41 megapixel snapper of the device has been the talk of the town. The Nokia Lumia 1020 was available from AT&T soon after its announcement and sales were off to a great start with all the stocks selling out in a very short...

 

Sort by:

If nokia implements android then i'll shift to ios

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 15:36
  • rx2f

> In reply to telstraed @ 2013-08-11 23:20 from XrQn - click to readWP8 buggy? Are you sure? Because I own the Lumia 920 and tested my sister Lumia 520 both are fast and fluid.
I agree in some points like the support MS should give to WP, but to the point to say WP sucks just because you can't find you bank and favorite movie theater app is exaggerated.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-13 04:44
  • LyxF

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-12 14:52 from GT6G - click to readI don't use launchers because i like every thing stock and since there aren't a single and full working custom ROM i don't use them. I just keep only one app in my phone and that's Dolphin Browser, yeah i download applications and installs them on my phone but as soon as i install an application, i check it and if i'd like it, i'd just backup the application and uninstall it on my phone; yet most of phones i owned used to lag and heat up eventually espcially when doing heavy stuff such as downloadind 20-30 content at a time and playing games. Most of the current phones i use has the same issues with exception of Nokia Lumia 520. I never multitask with 30-40 apps but sometimes three or four because the devices i used and currently am using slows down the phone. We don't get to use the phone before buying though i buy original phones from the authorized company's stores. My dad has an iPhone 5 which i eventually use and i find it quite good to operate, fast and apps work on it better but i don't like it because of bluetooth and iTunes issues. I have used the iPad 2 and it takes 45 applications to slow it down whereas Android needs just 10 apps to slow down. Coming to WP8 OS it lacks in many areas. There's seriously the need for different ecosystems.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-12 18:45
  • t1$A

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-12 09:38 from t1$A - click to readDon't you find it odd that most people don't have problems and yet with all those devices you claim Android is slow?

I suspect you're either loading them up with all sorts of applications, launchers and customization and never close applications...seriously, if you relentlessly run apps without closing them you can make ANY phone or tablet lag (more on that).

If that's not what you're doing, how do you explain the phones work fine in the store but you have problems with yours and they get hot? Heat only comes off the phone when either you're running a CPU/GPU intensive application or the battery is being charged (not on all phones though).

In the last year of so I've never seen any of the phones I've owned or used in the stores lag no matter how long I use them.

I have loaded up an ipad 2 and opened application after application without ever closing them or rebooting ios. After about 40-50 apps are running in the background the ipad LAGS (surprise!). If I continue to use and open application, eventually the system won't respond. Same thing happened with a iphone 3GS I have when I experimented with it(which usually sits in a drawer).

Seen the same happen with the Android phones that I've tried it on. I've got the the Samsung S3 and haven't had a single problem with it....except when I load application after application and never close them. Tried the same thing on an LG L3 (minimal specs running Gingerbread). When I load up applications and launchers, customization programs in the background and run program after program it runs slow very quickly.

Oh, and on jailbroken iphones I've seen it happen even easier because you can do all the same sort of customization add-ons to the ios GUI that you can with Android.

There's a proper way to use tablets and phones (and computers for that matter). If you don't manage the system resources you will eventually bring a that system to a crawl.

Don't believe me? Look at all the videos and blog stories about tablets and smartphones from all manufacturers having problems at one time or another. If these were systematic problems for all users of a OS, Model or Manufacturer, do you think the phone will still sell after release 2, 3, 4...?

Think about it.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-12 14:52
  • GT6G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-12 05:05 from GT6G - click to readSamsung Galaxy Y S5360(My 1st droid which i have sold), Samsung Galaxy S3(sold), Nexus 4(sold coz of scolling lag and limited storage), Samsung Galaxy S4(Got refunded after getting replaced the set two times coz of lags, heating and battery problems), HTC One X+(Due to some drops it doesn't catch signal, so i use it for playing games), Motorola Defy+(sold) and just recently bought an used LG L9 and a Lumia 520. I find Android OS unstable and WP8 lacks some basic features but it's fine OS. Hopefully some major updates will fix this OS.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-12 09:38
  • t1$A

Stop talking about Android on nokia.. If you really want just buy Nokia n9 ( meego OS) and install android OS on that phone..

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-12 09:01
  • rx2X

bugs u mean android( from donut to jelly bean they didn't provide a smooth and stable os for mobile and u still think windows phone has bugs )

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-12 07:44
  • ubEe

> In reply to telstraed @ 2013-08-11 23:20 from XrQn - click to readUm, WP 8 is about 10 times more reliable OS than Android. Maybe you need to use one first.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-12 06:04
  • kg3B

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-11 14:18 from t1$A - click to readWhat Android phone have you bought or used this year that lagged?

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-12 05:05
  • GT6G

> In reply to telstraed @ 2013-08-11 23:20 from XrQn - click to readtroll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 23:25
  • Q{aY

Guys it's simple, windows sucks. It's very simple there are facts out there. Windows phones are buggy, wi etc, sensors etc, and Microsoft doesn't fix them quick enough. So the circle begins, people don't buy them because there's no support, and then there are no reps at stores etc etc and no apps because they are not selling.. It's all about sales, and it won't sell until products are fixed. I work in the industry in Australia, sorry to say but Microsoft is not taking it seriously. Yes build of nokia is amazing, and so is the camera, but guys it's not a camera it's a phone! And with the ever changing technology build is really irrelevant, because we change every 12 months max and don't need a phone to last 14 years. Better off buying a HTC one!

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 23:20
  • XrQn

> In reply to boidsonly @ 2013-08-11 15:57 from qn{h - click to readOh No,if nokia will start making Androids .....i will Stop buying NOkIA anymore....

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 20:31
  • NQFm

Dear GSM Arena team,

I don't know if this has been asked before, but when is your review of the 1020 going to be released?

The most thoroughful and most objective reviews of Nokia cameraphones have always been from you guys at GSM Arena. My decision to get the Nokia N8 was actually based on your stellar reviews when you compared its IQ with a sony P&S camera (the "blind test").


The reviews of the 1020 that were released so far on other popular tech sites were not very profound they certainly are not capable of doing this cameraphone justice. That's why many people are waiting eagerly for your legendary test procedures. Most importantly, I would be interested in knowing how the 1020 compares with the N8 and the 808PV which I both consider as "references" for IQ.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 16:59
  • xjgh

2 thumbs up for an Android Nokia. Nokia was my very first phone-back when they ruled the phone world.

Personally, I will never own a Windows phone-no matter who makes it and what the specs are...

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 15:57
  • qn{h

i am nokia fan, but i m not againts any android phone , nokia has his own standard of models and nokia is still standing, till now no other phone has 41 mg of camera with pure view and what i think nokia is a business phone with windows and secure,coming to androids are entertainment phones but not secure as it is not windows, people enjoi gaming downloaing and many more.but i should say that nokia should come with android also as its market demand.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 15:30
  • f0EF

> In reply to watty @ 2013-08-11 13:01 from fsTx - click to readthat is not possible at the moment because:

- Nokia is on contract with Microsoft
- Google demands not to put some Nokia services on Nokia devices running on Android (probably Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive)
- Google demands BILLIONS
- some other absurd demands by Google
- Stephen Elop is alleged to be "insider from Microsoft" by internet people

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 14:50
  • th6G

Android OS is laggy and WP8 OS lacks too much. It's better to go with some other linux OS such as Sailfish.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 14:18
  • t1$A

> In reply to Cod3rror @ 2013-08-11 12:57 from ppj7 - click to readWow. 1" sensor in a mobile phone? Seriously? lol. A 1" sensor can't be fitted in a 15mm phone.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 14:15
  • t1$A

> In reply to watty @ 2013-08-11 13:01 from fsTx - click to readwe all have hate android before but now it is selling more than any mobile os....

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 13:08
  • fsTx

> In reply to Soul Hacker1 @ 2013-08-11 05:27 from UDMw - click to readNot that NOKIA should stop Ms phones completely but I need them to try just 1 android os... we can see there is more demand for NOKIA ANDROID......Pls NOKIA hear our cry...

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-11 13:01
  • fsTx

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.