News - Reader comments

Sony Xperia Z Ultra display compared to the HTC One

10 August, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Sony Xperia Z Ultra display compared to the HTC One - read the full textThe Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the company's first ever phablet and with an expected global debut in September, the smartphone is topping the wishlists for a lot of people. One of the reasons for the excitement is its 6.4" Triluminos screen with 1080p resolution. The screen not only has the nice...

 

Sort by:

1. ZU uses the very latest screen technology developed by BRAVIA® TV engineers which is Bravia Engine 2

2. ZU incorporates TRILUMINOS Display for mobile to present rich, authentic colours with subtle tones, while replicating bold colours including hard-to-reproduce reds, blues and greens. By integrating Sony’s own unique display innovation, this technique delivers a significantly wider colour gamut, carrying a far more natural and vivid viewing experience with a heightened sense of depth.

3. from low-resolution web videos to high-resolution movies − with Sony’s latest picture engine, exclusive X-Reality for mobile – everything you see on Xperia Z Ultra’s big screen is analysed and selectively processed to give clean, clear and lifelike pictures. Three unique noise reduction features work their magic prior to upscaling. While Sony’s intelligent display technology analyses each image to optimise pixels, texture, outline, colour, contrast and noise, creating the best viewing experience possible.

4.This OptiContrast™ panel makes for less reflection and clearer viewing – even in bright sunlight, as well as creating a seamlessly black surface when the phone is turned off.
By eliminating the sensor layer and integrating the sensor on the lens, ZU managed to increase the responsiveness of the screen. So your touch is more effective and the experience on your Android smartphone is more intuitive.

That's what makes the Xperia Z Ultra big screen display unique

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-23 05:55
  • Kg6y

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-20 06:53 from 4QSR - click to readAnd there is you in every page.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-20 18:01
  • uumH

> In reply to Neutral @ 2013-08-18 11:20 from KxIM - click to readAnd then there is extremists like you in every page

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-20 06:53
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Neutral @ 2013-08-18 11:20 from KxIM - click to readTrue,Xperia Z Ultra clocked at 2.2ghz scored way better that G2 and S4 at 2.3ghz.
I never said amoled is bad,I do appreciate different technology.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-18 17:27
  • uuT@

> In reply to NH Zedge @ 2013-08-11 19:20 from uvu5 - click to readFor all: Pls accept for each new techonoly come on, who ever come from. Now is the truth that Triluminos in fact is best screen.

Sony is the R & D, it means not only make and sell the product but more than it, so they are known as well as expert to optimalised the known tech such as TFT to becomes oftimal in function and performance where the others left it. And so for chip processor (now snapdragon 800), even thought the other vendor use the same chip for their smartphone, but by Sony, the its performance will be more better. That is a fact, let see benchmarking result.

And now the new tech Triluminos came roll in the market, so let go for it.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-18 11:20
  • KxIM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-16 19:06 from 4QSR - click to readMovie mode is accurate(not the most),I just stated a disadvantage.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 19:09
  • uvt5

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-16 13:20 from uvwa - click to readSo you supposedly see a sharp green in angry birds and all of a sudden the reality of it being so overall natural in many aspects is just thrown out the window....And that's supposed to make sense???????

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 19:06
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-16 10:08 from 4QSR - click to readNegating? You're the one in denial,just play angry birds(just an example)and you'll agree,else you're just lying and putting up invalid arguments.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 13:20
  • uvwa

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-16 09:39 from uvq% - click to readFirst of all now you are just being a lying troll who is still negating everything else I say. And considering everything I say is only in direct reply to you are ignoring a lot from even things you start.

Not natural? Because you claim to notice one imperfect aspect the fact that it's color accuracy is near perfect and it has life like colors, contrast, and blacks somehow it's still not natural just because it's normally not if you don't used the tuned settings???? So because one simple little option gives you the best of both worlds it's not natural??

And again WHERE ON EARTH DO YOU THINK LCD GOT TO WHERE IT IS???? Through settings and calibrations. They did not just appear magically to the point of the IPS and Triluminous displays we have now. You argument is completely invalid. Aside from the fact your saying it's not natural when it obviously is and LCD is no more natural by it's own limitations.

You cannot knock one technology for being something and then praise another for doing the same thing just in a smaller dose. Everyone has this really but hurt problem with Amoled and it's all ridiculous. It leads to endless debates, lies, misconceptions, and jealous, miss informed, angry people. Amoled can do saturated better, it can do overall realistic better, it can do black better, it does contrast better, it reflects less, and even can have one of the most proper white balances. And it can do it all in one setting save for the white balance and saturation. LCD at that point only has one or two admissible advantages. At that rate it becomes obvious whoever tries to argue is jealous, in denial, and or very close minded.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 10:08
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-16 05:08 from 4QSR - click to readSettings can never truly overcome hardware issues,that's why I say movie mode is not natural,and yes LCD lacks in contrast but triluminous helped a lot and opticontrast reduces the reflectivity.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 09:39
  • uvq%

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-15 13:12 from uvwH - click to readI just won't stop? You're right...Because you won't stop contradicting.

Before I go into everything else I must point out that again you have negated my entire comment just to contradict me while ignoring everything else in the comment and ignoring every other comment.

Im at a complete loss at what you are getting at with "Movie mode just being a setting"...I think that's quite obvious and has been stated. Also like stated IPS and LCD are only at their levels through many many years of settings and calibrations. So there is no difference in that aspect. The difference is You get the better choice of either world.

There is no loss of detail. That's a ridiculous thing to say. And the green again just follows the 100% line. And yes no display is 100% perfect. But Movie Mode of the latest Amoled offers the most saturated or overall most realistic. LCD offers colors about 3% more accurate, but lack by miles in contrast and blacks. Viewing angles and reflective ratios also fall far behind in LCD. And the bigger the displays get the more noticeable these difference are.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-16 05:08
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-15 12:55 from 4QSR - click to readYou just won't stop,movie mode is a setting and all settings come with a compromise,in this case it is the greenish tinge(just play angry birds) and lack of detail due to high contrast(hdr images).

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 13:12
  • uvwH

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-15 09:30 from uvuc - click to readAnd now you are doing just like I said.

You complain about Amoled in it's vibrant mode being "unnatural" because it's saturated. Ignoring LCd being unnatural by having no blacks or contrast. Now Triluminous comes which is still LCD. While very improved contrast and colors it is "saturated", but just not as saturated. Also not true blacks or quite as high as contrast. So now you go on about Triluminous claiming it's saturation is ok just because it's not as saturated...Even though Amoled Movie Mode can do the accurate colors and blacks both where IPS/Triluminous cannot.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 12:55
  • 4QSR

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-15 09:39 from uvuc - click to readDID YOU NOT READ "MOVIE MODE"????????
DID YOU NOT READ LACK OF CONTRAST/BLACKS????

Am I talking to a wall or are you purposefully negating everything I say???And not only that but have been repeating and describing in detail! Yet every reply you make just ignores everything I type.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 12:49
  • 4QSR

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-15 09:30 from uvuc - click to readAre you doing that on purpose? I think the point that it is only natural in movie mode was made quite clear. Yet you keep making ridiculous replies like that....And wow....On Triluminous display first ever released somehow solves the contrast problem for all displays????????

And no. there is a difference between high contrast and real darks/blacks and a lack of contrast in an image that should be dark with a bright light behind it. That's not loss of detail

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 12:47
  • 4QSR

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-15 09:19 from uvuc - click to readThat is well negating the point and you know it. It probably has to do with the manufacturing costs and development. Small scale first.

The simple obvious answer...How long has it been around and become mainstream? Not very long obviously. Look at LCD and plasma five years ago. But there is OLED tv. And that is just the new beginning following phones.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 12:45
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-15 07:59 from 4QSR - click to readS4 has a superb display for sure but not very natural as super amoled is more saturated than amoled.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 09:39
  • uvuc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-15 07:53 from 4QSR - click to readAmoled is not natural as it is oversaturated and I'm not just saying it but it's contrast causes it to lose details in the dark especially in movie mode .
Contrast is not an issue ever since triluminous and opticontrast enhances sunlight legibility as well.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 09:30
  • uvuc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-15 07:55 from 4QSR - click to readAll amoleds are oleds but all oleds are not amoleds,I asked why super amoled is not used for large displays.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 09:19
  • uvuc

> In reply to NHZ @ 2013-08-14 21:54 from uttf - click to readAre you serious? Did you read anything I have expressed? Can you read??? I have explained in full detail the accuracy and achievements of the most recent Amoleds and how that makes it obviously very accurate. In fact one of the lasts replies specifically pointed it out....And you ask why would I be saying it????????

And not only that you go as far as to say Samsung wouldn't call it natural when not only do they but they received an award for the superb S4 display. It's right on GSMARENA..... Did you skip over all the aspects of what I described in movie mode???? And yes most people actually prefer the vibrant colors and true blacks, less reflective ratios, and contrast. It's mainly online haters with issues.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 07:59
  • 4QSR

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.