News - Reader comments

Photos of Apple iPhone 5S chassis components surface

14 August, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Photos of Apple iPhone 5S chassis components surface - read the full textThere are plenty of rumors going around about the iPhone 5S, including things like a dual-LED flash and a fingerprint scanner. Now, leaked components of the next-gen iPhone show changes to the top of the back and around the home button, which might be due to the inclusion of just those...

 

Sort by:

4" display again????
This size belongs to entry level smartphone.
Now you know why Apple makes so much money from you!

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-15 00:43
  • IVQf

Looks like this year Apple will most likely stick with the traditional upgrade i.e. better screen resolution and ppi, better processor and newer OS. I see iPhone 6 next year being a game changer. Hopefully 6 comes with a bigger screen, new body and revolutionizing features.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 23:46
  • gNaJ

Dnt disappoint Apple...i postponed my decision of buying a new smartphone...just bcoz of u guys....will wait till u guys launch Iphone 5S

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 22:28
  • 2SZn

The apples are getting rotten

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 22:28
  • jCeA

if they dont change the design there is no need to upgrade, if they improve cpu that will be only good for new buyers......because iphone 5 run smooth on any apps...there is no need to upgrade....

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:33
  • Ly1Z

> In reply to real suck @ 2013-08-14 18:03 from 6%Cu - click to readThat point I totally agree. I didn't buy iPhone due to many reasons and this was one of them. running a game or os smoothly is fine but for encoding or decoding a high resolution video or copying or extracting a file requires real processing muscle and the software integration plays no part in it.

also we need bigger screen. Not much. a 4.3 to 5 is enough but 4 inch 16:9 is seriously small. really speaking, in size comparison s4 is not much bigger than i5 but it packs really huge screen due to really wasted space on the top and bottom of iphone 5. The i5 may have a premium feel but what matters really is the ergonomics. Finally i am a computer science student and hence I require some open source os and those customizations of Android and features are great. I have used much of iPhone so I know the pros and cons.

One thing. The touchwiz of s4 leaves the skin of i5 in dust if you properly use it. after the updates it has become lag free and is now the best ui. as it offers so much freedom and there's more to do with everything. To experienced and expert users I will advise this truly.

good day. that duel guy is really annoying.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:28
  • U@$@

> In reply to Professor Frink @ 2013-08-14 18:00 from Q%Kc - click to readIf 5c is real this would be the best seller not 5s. Look what happend between 4s and 5.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:27
  • thev

> In reply to Chewy @ 2013-08-14 19:41 from MVg6 - click to read"No wonder Android is so popular now."

Android is popular because almost all smartphones in stores uses android nowdays, one company doesnt need to sell much but when you combine all the android oems sells are of course really big. Android gaining lot of marketshare because those very cheap android phones, not because the mid or hi end phones.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:17
  • p771

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-14 18:21 from Y9@h - click to readPlus the devs are writing the code once for IOS ,Android has so many iterations its a nightmare..Thats why they go to IOS first and its so polished.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:16
  • mXxM

> In reply to golemred @ 2013-08-14 18:27 from gC7Q - click to readNever seen such innovation its off the scale.haha.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:13
  • mXxM

I do care about this. Whatever you say, Apple is still Apple. There is a saying: 'APPLE DOESN'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE." if you get this, you know what i'm saying in figurative expression. Apple never thought it that "THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE." Simply, because Apple is unique in general. It has what's it has to be. If you don't like Apple, then go for the Green mango. No one's insisting you to like, to love and to want Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:06
  • 3C6B

So much radical changes... lol

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 20:01
  • uukx

Don't you think it clearly shows Apple's lack of innovation when you have to take the phone apart and compare the mother board mounting points to find a difference?

It's pathetic, Steve Jobs would be turning in his grave if he knew what Tom Crook is doing to his company.

If I had ANY respect for Apple, it's certainly been lost over the last 2 years. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING has been invented/innovated/created by Apple in recent years. They just keep turning out the same useless turd of a phone over and over again.

No wonder Android is so popular now.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 19:41
  • MVg6

Yes..!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 18:45
  • LDNc

apple will never ever change its design this year. at max they can give a better CPU,gpu and camera, apple is very clever they play a game why should they give more when they know people will buy. a company like apple can do a lot better and give a lot. but the thing is they want to earn more so that's why they are giving slow dose.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 18:36
  • 6PF1

WOW now thats an innovation LMAO

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 18:27
  • gC7Q

nobody cares

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 18:24
  • J5sX

Who cares ^_^

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 18:23
  • fvGI

> In reply to Martin132014 @ 2013-08-14 17:02 from tueg - click to readunfortunately the only thing apple has left is it's app store. The reason they have that is because iOS is closed source so there is little way of piracy other than jailbreaks. That is why big developers focus on iOS rather than Android because they know if they spend a lot of money focusing on Android it will just backfire in their face due to piracy. Other than that Android as of the end of this year will have advanced past iOS.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 18:21
  • Y9@h

Boooring... what else?! New photos of left corner from inside of the mic leaks?
New photo of top right corner pixel leaks... tragedy.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-14 18:17
  • 9xFY

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.