News - Reader comments

O2 and Vodafone launch 4G LTE networks in UK

29 August, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
O2 and Vodafone launch 4G LTE networks in UK - read the full textToday, O2 and Vodafone have officially launched their LTE services in the United Kingdom. However, Vodafone's LTE network is available only in London, while O2 offer's its 4G services across three cities - London, Leeds and Bradford at the moment. The 4G LTE networks across the UK is dominated...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-31 13:11 from Mx@E - click to readYou said 3G and 4G, thats the catch. In that case Three can start claiming that it already 98% of UK with the help of 3G and 4G as considering that they already have DC-HSDPA in almost the entire UK

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-02 14:43
  • XNtq

Fails to mention on there that vodafone are also going to be promising 98% coverage throughout the UK on 3G and 4G by the end of 2015 as well so its not going to be any more of a bonus by going with three. they also spent the most on spectrum at the 4G auction compared to any other competitor.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-31 13:11
  • Mx@E

Haha what about 20,500 kms of fiber optic network that would help to transmit mobile at lightning speed. it's easy to forget it but actually its a game changer. :-))

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 23:27
  • Mx@E

> In reply to o00scorpion00o @ 2013-08-30 13:17 from 3pK1 - click to readBT, SKY, ViorginMed will never let you get this)))

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 23:21
  • ixum

wait lonch in 3g

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 16:23
  • tUdx

ok saini

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 15:48
  • tUdx

1 & 2 GB ? that's ridiculously low for 40 odd mb speed.

I would only consider 4G on Three because they offer far more data than any other network.

I wonder do these mobile companies realise the potential of offering 300 gb + data (at similar prices to DSL) for those who can't get fast internet connection via DSl ? of for those who don't want/need a phone line ?

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 13:17
  • 3pK1

@Asha
According to the recent tests, 4G speed came around 65mbps,however that's on trial,in reality vodafone customers probably get upto 40mbps on 4G

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 13:05
  • MVg6

thats good...

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 12:51
  • Y}J3

What is the average speed of 4G mobile internet?

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 10:10
  • uZaT

Who is the vendor

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 10:05
  • 5}3H

Good job duedes... we move on to the nxt Gen

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 08:36
  • Mf5j

Hi,fnd


I love$ like vodafone (8802605316)


Both Vodafone and O2 are currently offering a wide range of usage plans for its potential consumers. Currently, Vodafone's LTE services starts at £26 a month and offers 2 GB of data with unlimited text messages and voice minutes. On the other hand, O2 has a similar offer at the same price tag, but the carrier gives only 1 GB of data with free messages and calling minutes.

Along with the launch of LTE networks, Vodafone and O2 have also announced that they will start selling 4G enabled smartphones. Check out the source links below for more information.

Meanwhile, Three announced its plans to roll out its own 4G network from the December 2013 and the carrier will begin its campaign from London, Manchester and Birmingham. The expansion of Three's LTE network is expected to be quite rapid next year and the carrier is expected to have over 80% of its consumer base on 4G by the end of 2014 and 98% by 2015.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-30 07:18
  • 955L

> In reply to realistic @ 2013-08-29 20:51 from Mx@E - click to readIn that case Three seems to be the winner. Three seems to be coming out last, but will be covering will be covering 80% of UK customer's by 2014 and almost it's entire consumer base by 2015.. Plus others have a cap on data allowance and Three has unlimited data at no extra charge. Add to it the fact EE provides a cap of 12 mbps max speed... Three already provides speeds of upto 18-20 mbps or 10 mbps on an average in areas covered with their ultrafast internet with unlimited. A clear winner you see!

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-29 23:56
  • U{5R

> In reply to realistic @ 2013-08-29 20:51 from Mx@E - click to readHow much are Vodafone paying you man? :-)

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-29 22:49
  • Bw1N

Vodafone 2G offers very fine, or the speediest data in India over any other operator. Waiting for Vodafone 3G in my area.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-29 22:17
  • X0W4

> In reply to UK Team manager @ 2013-08-29 17:50 from NqjR - click to readLooking at your comment and the fact you call yourself a team manager for VF uk is enough to stop me going with them. Your lack of knowledge about frequencies and quality vs distance in terms of frequency ranges is astonishing, coupled with the fact that there isn't a 1200 MHz. It's 800 MHz and 2.4 GHz in this auction and the previous was 1800 MHz. And the vey link you posted showed that VF has more bandwidth in the 2.6ghz range ( over three times as much in fact).

This makes sense as the higher the frequency the better the quality but the shorter the distance.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-29 22:10
  • nEBT

> In reply to realistic @ 2013-08-29 20:51 from Mx@E - click to readI'm afraid you're banking on a technology that isn't going to be popular with smartphone owners.

Why pay extra when HSDPA+ is adequate? The average smartphone owner will look at 3G and 4G and the prices and opt for 3G.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-29 21:44
  • an1S

Haha, time will show whose the best ;) Vodafone has the largest spectrum of 800MHZ that penetrates best in densely populated areas, high rises, thick walls, Above all, more than 20,500 Kms fiber optic network in UK will be the game changer for Vodafone. You say why only London, answer is - Slow and steady wins the race . :-))

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-29 20:51
  • Mx@E

Vodafone 4g is the best by far.

  • Reply
  • 2013-08-29 20:40
  • 3HS}

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.