News - Reader comments

Sony unveils Xperia Z1 (Honami), QX lens-style cameras

04 September, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Sony unveils Xperia Z1 (Honami), QX lens-style cameras - read the full textSony officially unveiled the hotly anticipated Xperia Z1 that has become well-known under the internal petname Honami. The Z1 brought friends on stage the QX line of lens-style cameras and a number of other accessories. Sony Xperia Z1 The Z1 is undoubtedly the star of the show measuring...

 

Sort by:

is it possible to use this lens for xperia ion?

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-09 09:01
  • bJ6w

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-05 09:48 from 3sEj - click to readGood job calling others trollers while making an unrealistic bashing misinforming post.....

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-08 22:30
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Gorgenapper @ 2013-09-05 18:54 from Yd69 - click to readThat is a very misinforming and ridiculous post!

Not to mention about color accuracy.....HELLO it's Amoled!...Where as many"BUT NOT ALL" Sony screens...especially TFT are under accurate....Also all LCD screens are unnatural for massive lack in contrast in faded gray cartoonish blacks.

The difference is Amoled has color tuning settings. Like Movie Mode which gives it nearly perfect color accuracy while still retaining black levels and contrast...So overall way more realistic than accurate colors and no black.

And that is knowing technology not praising a company. Don't mistake the two in your own jealous fanboyism.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-08 22:28
  • 4QSR

Is it already in philippines?

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-07 23:12
  • sUS2

Is it already in philippines?

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-07 21:45
  • sUS2

> In reply to Ravi1234 @ 2013-09-05 14:30 from PNj5 - click to readA lot of you fanboys seem to mix up your own preference of material into somehow being the same thing as top quality.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-07 10:02
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Big_Dikh @ 2013-09-05 02:18 from uSN$ - click to readActually there are way more Sony trollers bashing in other pages. Both Sony and Samsung are great companies however.
However not only are their more jealous Sony trolls, but it seems in almost every page "especially a Sony one" if someone even just speaks the word of another company "especially Samsung" or says something is not perfect or just that it was not their favorite device...yada yada....
You will get flamed by 20 different Sony fans about jealousy/haters/blah blah...bash this bash that Samsung sucks this "even when it's not about Samsung". Going on and one about hateful comments that are not even there.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-07 08:48
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Gorgenapper @ 2013-09-05 19:33 from Yd69 - click to readActually the S4 Amoled version is much better than the Active version. The only reason I wouldn't take the Active instead.
Also with auto brightness on in the S4 it can get up to apx 34-37% brighter than you can set it manually.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-07 08:36
  • 4QSR

Sony,the true King !

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-06 07:10
  • thd6

What about screen durability vs gorilla glass etc. Previous xperia z was not thatbgood in this respect

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 23:22
  • 9KWd

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-05 09:48 from 3sEj - click to readGood thing I bought a Galaxy S4 Active with an LCD panel. Currently typing this out while walking out in the bright sunshine. Way nicer color accuracy compared to the Galaxy S4.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 19:33
  • Yd69

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-05 17:14 from 7XiY - click to readThis is a big reason why I didn't buy an S3, or a regular S4. AMOLED doesn't last very long, and the color accuracy is bad.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 18:54
  • Yd69

> In reply to Bunyip22 @ 2013-09-05 10:36 from vuI2 - click to readOld s3 screens really deteriorates fast. It has a removable battery but the problem is the screen replacement takes longer time and more money to be replaced.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 17:14
  • 7XiY

> In reply to Harry @ 2013-09-05 08:33 from xfyd - click to readMy Nikon d90 with no ois and no zoom lenses is a bad camera I guess :(

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 16:40
  • 4$fL

> In reply to sony @ 2013-09-04 17:00 from rJ2A - click to readYeah, just the processor. Oh wait: and the lens, and the display, and the camera sensor, and the water resistance, and the additional shutter button and the... Sorry, what was your point again?

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 16:20
  • fjRt

Features are great no doubt at all. But what about the size and weight. Samsung note 3 with 5.7" screen has less weight than z1 , though quality is way better than samsung and lg g2 , i think they should have done bit more research on putting weight down and size of the device too. As most will agree even though nokia lumia 920 was graet device because of weight most ignored it even though they wanted windows os.
But i love the way they designed the phone and technology but because of the weight and size i have to ignore it probably 2014 will have better or if sony launches mini with same specs with 4.7 " screen.

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 14:30
  • PNj5

Hi pals, pls how large is the Z1? How many inches? Thanks ahead!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 14:28
  • NugV

the chefReportRating0
Sony has so many problems in xperia z,has sony corrects their display problem yet.the display goes dim after several minutes even the backlight time is set the max.it continues dimming until you let it idle for abt 5 minutes.2nd heat issues,the gadget goes hot easily same as s4.3rd very feeble voice call and audio.4rd bad battery quality.the battery lifes shortened easily after few charges.5th slow alphabet input.6th it is not water resistant device.many issue were made that the device goes blackout after accidentally dropped into water.7th it has a poor viewing angle, sunlight legibillity and the colour saturation is dull n pale compare to xperia Tx not to mention s amoled. 8th weak flash same as s4. Anybody buying hanomi check if it still have this problem or be disappointed!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 12:33
  • YT$W

no 4K = no money from me , smartass sony...

  • Reply
  • 2013-09-05 11:00
  • fqTw

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.