News - Reader comments

HTC outs Q3 earnings, posts its first net quarterly loss

03 October, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
HTC outs Q3 earnings, posts its first net quarterly loss - read the full text HTC released its unaudited earnings report for the fiscal Q3 of 2013. The Taiwanese company recorded its first ever net quarterly loss by going in the red by $101.2 million. The loss came from revenue of $1.6 billion. It is not a surprise, as a report from last week suggested that poor...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to oneusershrek @ 2013-10-04 10:58 from tUes - click to readhas u r phone 3g on both sims or can we change 3g to any sim

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 12:32
  • t1$I

> In reply to oneusershrek @ 2013-10-04 10:58 from tUes - click to readNo it wasn't the s4 was £550 and the One 32GB version was £489

Not sure where u live or where youre getting your facts from but they're incorrect.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 11:14
  • 3GZy

> In reply to oneusershrek @ 2013-10-04 10:58 from tUes - click to readNo it wasn't the s4 was £550 and the One 32GB version was £489

Not sure where u live or where youre getting your facts from but they're incorrect.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 11:14
  • 3GZy

htc one dual sim has "sd" and "two sims" with "32gb" memory sadly not all countries got it esplly those who have contract systems... back cover opens... pricing guys pls keep in mind one 32gb was slightly more dan the s4 32gb... i like the one dual sim i have ... the only highend dual sim phone which has bilateral antenna system (means both sims work simultaneously.. u can even call ur self :P) gr8 innovation ;)

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:58
  • tUes

It's a shame they are struggling so much.

The only hope they have is to stop wasting time an resources on the multiple handsets they keep releasing (look at how many handsets have come out since the ONE.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc-phones-45.php
With more on the way.

They then need to work closer with Google on keeping on top of the releases (they are a little ahead of Samsung this time round but still slow overall.
Eg a key market Europe is still waiting whereas the US where there dont have a strong foothold is now more upto date. Unless this is a new strategy, so Europe will get 4.4 :)

Then they need to keep more life in their handsets (like samsungs S2, which went on an on and really made the big impact in the market for samsung.

The one-S or even the one=x/x+ could/should have been those devices.

Their management team need to grow some better negotiation balls with their suppliers so they don't get caught out all the time.

Or they need to understand the market to get ahead of the game and do things when demands are different and release when there is less competition.

That all said I shouldn't have to type all this they should know this as a billion dollar company .

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:46
  • m76B

> In reply to Ludovic @ 2013-10-04 09:43 from gy7e - click to readsense 4 is better than sense 5 with horizontal scrolling good graphics.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:32
  • t1$G

* Sorry for grammar *

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:29
  • vb84

Maybe their One is good but the price it carries, in India atleast, remains unjustifiable. It's expensive than every other smartphone except Note 3 and iPhone 5s. S4, G2, Z1 all are cheaper than it by a big margin. What was running in their heads? No advts, no billboards to support the higher price either. How can a company with nil marketing budget could price its products so high is beyond me. The pricing of Desire 600 too proves htc still hasn't learned it's lesson and why no one prefers it's phones anymore.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:27
  • vb84

htc is awesome

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:17
  • Px}$

Rise HTC rise....
HTC has good products how I wish they can be marketed rightly so. HTC for fire those in marketing departments because they don't do their job. for billions of people don't even know of HTC. nonetheless, HTC for life no matter what

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:09
  • NpMT

> In reply to Ludovic @ 2013-10-04 09:43 from gy7e - click to readI have to totally agree with you

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 10:07
  • fktq

htc is dead like nokia is

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 09:53
  • MAVw

> In reply to reasonsforfailure @ 2013-10-04 07:46 from 4Dtm - click to read...and no compass in most mid and low end models.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 09:44
  • t1$J

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-04 08:28 from nefd - click to readI'm very very satisfied of my HTC One, I tried S3, S4, Note 2, none of them can match the UI and smoothness of the One.

Moreover the One has a very good audio quality, awesome build and design.

So please stop saying HTC isn't innovating, they are innovation, they have always been, Samsung isn't, apple no longer either.

HTC just lack a new CEO, new marketing, well a whole new team.

I hope this company will live, I love their phones (I owned many other brands...)

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 09:43
  • gy7e

> In reply to TrinYa @ 2013-10-04 06:21 from YgTq - click to readHTC lost because it took out expendable SD card Samsung smarts all their Galaxy S n note have SD card some simple things like that that they don't know that is BS

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 09:14
  • Ibxj

> In reply to abhijitbiswas @ 2013-10-04 07:50 from KxGT - click to readYou must be kidding us, right???
Look at this:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony-phones-7.php
How could you say that Sammy phones look the same and that those made by Sony don´t???

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 08:51
  • JpGI

> In reply to samsung @ 2013-10-04 08:26 from gIDf - click to readNah, they were there long enough as Android OEM but did not make it big. People did not switch to the first Galaxy S or S2 because of Samsung brand.

People were still more sceptical of Samsung than HTC. There are more HTC users who switched to Samsung devices compared to Samsung users to HTC devices. Otherwise the sales would have proven it.

HTC has been good looking device since the beginning, but that is just not enough and that is why they still failing. Their build quality weren't as good as how they look. Although HTC One is one of their greatest flagship device as of now, there are more defective (gaps between the aluminium) units compared to Galaxy S4 that has cheap plastic shell.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 08:40
  • v3BS

> In reply to abhijitbiswas @ 2013-10-04 07:50 from KxGT - click to readAre you kidding me? Samsung phones all look the same? Sony phones look all the same. I just opened Sony tab in gsmarena and all phones look identical.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 08:31
  • Svfh

the main reason is that htc just produces smartphones and nothing else like tablets,tv's,...

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 08:28
  • nefd

I have tried many brands, but now sticking to hTC. Their quality is waaay ahead. Not their fault if most consumers can't see farther than their noses.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-04 08:26
  • gIDf

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.