News - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S4 sales nosedive in August

16 October, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
Samsung Galaxy S4 sales nosedive in August - read the full textAccording the technology market research analysts over Counterpoint Samsung's Galaxy S4 sales have dropped significantly this August hitting their lowest number so far at 5 million units. This is 2 million units less than the flagship's 7 million sales in June. Even though Samsung Galaxy S4...

 

Sort by:

Check out the Nokia Asha 501 rubbin' elbows with the big boys, huh?

That is a sweet little device!

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-17 00:46
  • FED4

> In reply to LevizX @ 2013-10-16 22:27 from Txys - click to readSorry man, the SGS4 is much better balanced than the Iphones. Everything inside is top notch and obviously there's not even a contest between the displays. You can't even watch Youtube in HD on Iphones as it doesn't even do 720P. The S4 also runs far superior OS.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 23:32
  • 3ZH5

Low?! Lmfao. It's the highest selling smartphone, and it sells less than 30% lower than the month it was released and it's suddenly low? Almost everyone and their mother has a SGS4, who do they still expect to buy it?

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 23:28
  • 3ZH5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-16 21:06 from ajUr - click to readThe iPhone 5S is the best smartphone right now. Both critics and consumers agree. You wouldn't know if you ain't got one.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 23:11
  • vFyD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-16 21:06 from ajUr - click to readWhat would you say is a smartphone? iOS gets things done pretty well and with much less fuss. The rigid company policy won't deminish an otherwise excellent product. iPhone on the other hand is no where near perfect. It does have nice GPU, best of all in fact, yet screen size is a tad too small. I think if iPhone 5c had 4.5" screen (of course that would come with larger battery), it could beat 5s.
Specs are NOT everything. SGS4 is a really bad example. It's just not well balanced.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 22:27
  • Txys

Note 3 release, iphone 5s release...anyone with a brain would assume that sales on phones released months before would drop.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 22:06
  • NB8V

Nosedived because they allowed that processor to cook and eventually kill the phone, they should have held it back like the HTC One, which is easily the better phone out of the two.

You'll notice this once you get past all the gimmicks and front, it's actually just a bloated oven.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 21:58
  • 3GZy

I was samsung fan with s2 & s3,I'm not interest to buy s4 because there are making new technology with same mobile
They must announce one mobile with last or future technology now I am using Sony sp + waiting 4 better one soon.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 21:53
  • J7Pw

> In reply to Bluto @ 2013-10-16 19:52 from t1$B - click to readWhy would I want to spend more money on a 4" 2010 product with an Android notification toggles?

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 21:22
  • Bqx5

> In reply to Bluto @ 2013-10-16 19:52 from t1$B - click to readThe iPhone 5S is barely a smartphone. How can it possibly be better than the cheaper S4, or any other current Android flagship for that matter?

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 21:06
  • ajUr

Iphone 5suck is cheaper than S4? U are most def a hater

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 21:04
  • fuvx

> In reply to Bluto @ 2013-10-16 19:52 from t1$B - click to readAnd the S3 can be had for knock down prices sim-free...

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 21:01
  • nGM%

It's obvious. Samsung releases their devices with different internal components for a single flagship. When the performance and support differs, people starts loosing faith. Check out Note 3, N9005 has 4K recording and N9000 doesn't. So it's not surprising that customers prefer other phones.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 20:38
  • utH4

can someone explain to be why people insist on phones having a FM Radio? Why would we want manufacturers to waste space and resources on a phone for an old technology like the FM Radio? I know theres people that still listen to FM radio, but who listens to it to the point of NEEDING it in a phone? Dont you have a car or other electronic gadgets that have a FM Radio on them?

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 20:16
  • j8wI

Nobody's buying S4 when better phones are available at a resonable price such as Xperia Z1 and iPhone 5S.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 19:52
  • t1$B

Guys, please understand... Removing FM radio Samsung wants to support GSM service providers, because without FM radio consumers will need to use more internet traffic for online radio, and accordingly pay more money to service providers. Applying region lock Samsung tries to push customers to buy devices from local dealers, rather than bring them from other countries at lower prices. So, Samsung is becoming provider and dealer oriented rather than consumer oriented company. Instead of bringing prices to lower point Samsung tries to support its partners at expense of our (consumer) pocket... So decide yourself if you want to support this scheme by your hard earned money.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 19:07
  • 55i4

> In reply to lalrob @ 2013-10-16 18:06 from NFaR - click to readYou are probably right. It is also true that Android is actually working properly now, which does take a lot of the fun out of it.

Trouble is that it is really the only platform with any sense of openness. I'd steer clear of iOS because that is too mature. WinMo and Tizen will be too locked down.

If you are looking for adventure you probably should look at Firefox or something like Sailfish. Even better if Ubuntu get their platform going.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 18:33
  • yuZx

Guys, please understand... Removing FM radio Samsung wants to support GSM service providers, because without FM radio consumers will need to use more internet traffic for online radio, and accordingly pay more money to service providers. Applying region lock Samsung tries to push customers to buy devices from local dealers, rather than bring them from other countries at lower prices. So, Samsung is becoming provider and dealer oriented rather than consumer oriented company. Instead of bringing prices to lower point Samsung tries to support its partners at expense of our (consumer) pocket... So decide yourself if you want to support this scheme by your hard earned money.

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 18:19
  • 55i4

These samsung guys are making billions each quarter by introducing some gimmicks like 16 core then true 16 core 5gb ram 4k video flexible screen/phone and some other nonsense with applications to cut hair, kill cockroaches etc

  • Reply
  • 2013-10-16 18:12
  • NFaR

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.