News - Reader comments

2014 Samsung flagships to have 16 MP ISOCELL cameras

07 November, 2013 | Read the news | Post your comment
2014 Samsung flagships to have 16 MP ISOCELL cameras - read the full textComing from the same Samsung Analyst Day 2013 conference call that brought us information on Samsung's next-generation processing plans and 100,000,000 Galaxy S's and Notes selling in 2013, we get information regarding the 2014 Samsung flagships cameras. Straight from the President of System LSI...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Mobilemaster @ 2013-11-10 12:35 from 0UuJ - click to readWeather you agree or not it is fact.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-05 14:13
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Sch @ 2013-11-11 21:07 from 3W%R - click to readIn their dreams? More like yours. When Samsung made their own cameras it resolved better photos than Sony's and many only rivaled by Nokia.
Sony has only made Samsung sensors for a couple generations for the main of it.
Even while using Sony's sensors Samsung has used VASTLY superior software tuning to yield much better results out of the same sensor.

Now that Samsung is making their own sensor again it is extremely plausible that they will use their own.
As well as this tech that sounds promising it is easy to assume that it will be better than Sony sensors as in the past.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-05 14:13
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Chommz @ 2013-11-07 17:26 from QE@s - click to readJapanese Fujitsu was the first to make a fingerprint sensor phone, back in 2003.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-10 12:38
  • 0UuJ

> In reply to Riviera @ 2013-11-09 12:55 from XrmB - click to readI am a Samsung fan, but I disagree with you.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-10 12:35
  • 0UuJ

Only (8)MP camera ISOCELL sensor???. =( Where is 16MP ...???.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-10 11:10
  • 6uLk

> In reply to Riviera @ 2013-11-09 12:55 from XrmB - click to readdoes it matter..cause there are several manufacturers that designed it together...and will use the same one

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-10 04:00
  • pE3M

The supplier will be Samsung.

Samsung has surpassed Sony in cameras.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-09 12:55
  • XrmB

werw memori caed slod????

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-08 18:42
  • H8ww

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-07 13:41 from m77L - click to readIos or ois??
Lmaoo

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-08 13:29
  • R0Kx

> In reply to Mark Fauzii @ 2013-11-07 19:53 from 6{js - click to readThey need Elop for that!

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-08 05:52
  • YgTq

if Sony is the supplier imagine what is coming for the next xperias...

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-08 04:24
  • JuGb

> In reply to samsung rules @ 2013-11-07 14:29 from 07Bh - click to readThe Toshiba G900 had a fingerprint scanner in 2007 and my Toshiba G910 had Biometric fingerprint scanner in 2008.In fact the cect a480 pda phone had a fingerprint reader as standard.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-08 02:29
  • sXGw

Good task. That is a good news to Samsung will take-on Apple...

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-08 01:42
  • 25GS

One day...., Samsung acquires Apple.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-07 19:53
  • 6{js

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-07 17:33 from MVg6 - click to readHow do you know I'm wrong?

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-07 18:46
  • 0pae

> In reply to I dont love thotties @ 2013-11-07 12:31 from kCbp - click to readYour eyes can't see it? Then why would you want 41mp? So you can zoom into a mouse in a picture of manhattan? Pointless, unless you're a photographer, which I assume you are not. Don't be silly. Also, any cameras on a phone of that spec have a huge bulge on the back so they aren't even comfortable in your pocket, look at the s4 zoom and the Lumia 1020. People buy phones at outrageous prices with high spec camera's then take self portrait photos of them on facebook.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-07 17:46
  • MVg6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-07 13:54 from v0Xt - click to readI think you need to put up a bit more fight than this, dude.

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-07 17:36
  • MVg6

> In reply to recklesslife85 @ 2013-11-07 16:15 from nENQ - click to readThey are. steve jobs ftw!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-11-07 17:34
  • MVg6

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.